• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Welcome to Halloween.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JTE

Happy Halloween.
Yeah, it's not really Halloween, but Blaze said he might be updating his SRB2 Ween port soon-ish as a result of my Xmas port.
Well, here's something for ya to beat, Blaze.
I gave both maps a full Thok barrier (which took up a ton of time because I did it the professional way instead of just cutting out the map and pasteing it into a new sector), I made the rocks and RIP stones solid and sized as best I could (and you don't walk on them, just like in SRB2 Ween! :| ), and I made the ghosts laugh as they die, but I couldn't make them moan while they're alive.
It is impossable to recreate the "fog" correctly, as it was originally done by using white for the color of low-light and Fog blocks change the light level. so I would have to make tons of those (maybe next time, OGLers...), but in software mode, this rocks. I even ported the music with some help.
And I really love that font...
What happened that SRB2 had to change to a standard Sonic 2 Level Select font? Too colorful?

I never liked celery very much... Wasn't too fond of waffles either...
I saw a netgame with this yesterday, but I didn't know where to find the WAD without downloading it. Thanks, JTE.

I was hosting a game with it.
FF and/or JTE might've been hosting one, too, I dunno.

Yeah... I recently lost my ability to host to a RAG (Random Act of God) so I was getting other people to host for me.

Actually, now I don't have to do it. :P Mystic will be happy, I seem to recall him yelling at me when I mentioned I might spruce up both levels (he wants me to do SRB2 textures that I've supposed to have done months ago but I'm a lazy bastard etc etc etc).

Jeeze, poking around this WAD -- this is great, JTE. Not only did you replace the sprite with the Sonic X-treme sprite but he's even got the correct color (green)!

glowyghosts.jpg

Whee. :P Took me awhile to make that work. (Couldn't find the sprite number. I really wish there was an easier way to edit socs :P)

glowyghosts2.jpg

:lol:

... Ow. x.x I just wish I could get the ghost's active sound to play during levels. Possably, make the ghost an 'ambient sound' and add a lot of nothing to the end of the sound to space it out? Heh, I like how GFZ3 looks in Srb2 Ween.

Yes, I recolored the Sonic Xtreme sprite by hand using only the frames found in SRB2 Ween (Hence, the broken tapping foot anim.) and aiming to use a similer enough range to SRB2's Sonic that it's hard to tell when he goes from walking to running that he actually changed style. After all, look at how similer the walking anims are!

No, the non-SRB2Ween levels are no longer supported when you use this wad. Just look at how UGLY most of the "normal" levels look with all their textures mssing and replaced by redwall. :?

The 'health' value of an object specifies at what interval the sound plays.

i.e., 105 = every 3 seconds.

Whether this would work for a killable object or not I'm not sure.

!@#
My ghosts would need 105 hits on them?! :? That's not good. But since I used the crawla commander as the "base", it could happen...

Because crawla commanders are cooler? I don't know. I used the same code as that green dude in my Srb2 Xmas port... For some reason, MF_Float isn't working right and they always stay at the same height until they hit a wall or something... Maybe I should use a Jetty Syn Gunner instead? (Teh bombers will always bomb)

What?... I can't understand what you are talking about. :roll: The Jetty Syn Bombers will always drop bombs... Wait, maybe it's part of A_JetChase... Hmm... I might not even need to renumber the bomber's at all then...

BlazeHedgehog said:
Whee. :P Took me awhile to make that work. (Couldn't find the sprite number. I really wish there was an easier way to edit socs :P)
I really wish there WASN'T an easier way to edit SOCs, because that will put me out of buisiness, as you can tell by people like HotDog, who have tons of good ideas, but can't figure out how to do them. Yeah. I'm 'mean'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back