f_SkyRuins

Status
Not open for further replies.

PHCC

Too fast for you to see me.
*This level is part of Sonic Sector Project*

Well, this level is based on the Nimbus Ruins(It doesn't looks like it, but believe me, it was based on Nimbus Ruins). It's probably my first decent CTF level(XP).
The credits belongs to the person who made Nimbus Ruins and to me.

Bug Report:
Why the second screenshot fails at show the things?

*UPDATE*

• A lot of rings were removed;
  • Added some sceneries. SOME;
  • The bases were modified;
  • The lag wasn't removed yet. (
*UPDATE-2*

• Fixed some inequalities;
  • The rings that weren't floating now are floating;
  • And the lag wasn't removed yet. (

Attachments

• srb20060.png
    srb20060.png
    183.4 KB · Views: 705
  • srb20061.png
    srb20061.png
    192.1 KB · Views: 686
  • f_SkyRuins.rar
    129.1 KB · Views: 396
  • f_SkyRuins.zip
    166.5 KB · Views: 514
Last edited:
Putting rings on the edge of a pit...? Isn't that kinda risky when under attack? People simply abuse scatter ring to push you to the other end of the map.

In nimbus ruins, you can get pushed to the death pit with a simple ring, I don't see what's the problem with that...

But in nimbus ruins, there aren't rings on the edge of floor, IIRC. Also this doesn't have to be exactly like nimbus ruins. (which it isn't, but you keep saying "in nimbus ruins" soo...)

It looks too much inspired by Cloud Palace Zone...
That said, add more scenery. It looks WAAYY too bland.

I agree with Kirblord. It is far too bland. There is little about this stage that catches my eye as "interesting"
First off, you have FAR too many rings and weapon rings. No more than 2 copies of one weapon holster should be on any stage really. You had four of multiple weapons. Not to mention some of them were ridiculously close to another one. And you placed at least 2 of the ammunition rings near them, so right off the bat I had 15 bomb rings, 50 bounce rings, 20 rail rings, ect. Oh, and the rail rings were annoying to get to using the spring. Lower the platform.

Back to the original statement: Too many rings. They are everywhere. I got a magnetic shield and I got over 100 rings after a very short time. Oh, and rings setting right on the edge of a stage is not a good idea. Get them away from the edge.

Put the flag on the tower instead of on that little area. There is no strategy involved in getting it. It's just run up and grab it. Defending it is next to impossible.

Oh, and as a final note, just messing around by myself, the stage lagged. A lot. Once the majority of the rings are gone, it should fix itself.

Updated. Another update will come with some more modifications.

Just the screenshots tell me this is 'under the influence' of Cloud Palace Zone. Maybe a space theme could resolve this, instead of making major edits?

I belive he wants this to be like Cloud Palace Zone... Er I mean Nimbus Ruins. What's Cloud Palace Zone?

Well, It wasn't realy based on Nimbus Ruins Zone, I just took the map and edited it.I was too lazy to make a lot of FOFs, now it's very disorganized, but I used Nimbus Ruins's FOFs to make this level. But something there looks like a piece of nimbus ruins. XP

PS: WOW!! It realy looks like Cloud Palace(I never realized that).

EDIT: Someone else know how do I remove the lag of this map?!?!?

Last edited:
Try removing the lag by not putting to many mapthings so close together and not putting too many fofs in one area either.

Edit: Or not make the map square or too big

Last edited:
*Updated* - to see the changes, go to the top.

SilverXLB, I tried that, but the lag still, then I put the FOFs back.

Hi i'm a new user jcokeinfinity
I just have to say this is one of the best maps I've played
By the way, how do I post my own maps?

You post your own maps by uploading them to the Submissions forum. They will then be reviewed by judges and, if the map is of sufficient quality, will be moved to the appropriate Releases forum.

And it would have made much more sense to ask that question in the Help section. Better yet, read the forum rules; you'll learn everything you need to know from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back