Boinciel

ヒトデのパンと不思議なジャム
Sonic Team Junior
Kart Krew™️
Judge
Sonic finds himself in a strange land.

attachment.php

Is it a special stage? Or is it something more devious?

attachment.php
attachment.php

Whatever the case, he has to escape quickly, before the mysterious patterns turn his brain into mush.

attachment.php

Returning from SUGOI 1, now with new colour effects and less filesize. This map is sort of an art project in terms of playing with dynamic slopes and seeing how spatial awareness can be played with within the SRB2 engine.

Music is overscan by Andreas Bilke. Map number is MAPKV.

Art by festiveBeanie:
attachment.php

Changelog:

v2
- Updated to version 2.2.
- New COLORMAP lump and palette, replacing the old method of using in-map colormaps.
v3
- Renamed because oops this map has no lua.

Attachments

• srb20111.png
    srb20111.png
    15.4 KB · Views: 11,698
  • srb20115a.png
    srb20115a.png
    104 KB · Views: 11,811
  • srb20141.gif
    srb20141.gif
    47.2 KB · Views: 11,939
  • srb20180.gif
    srb20180.gif
    62 KB · Views: 11,968
  • VS_Kodachrome_Void-v3.pk3
    258.9 KB · Views: 1,721
  • theladyofthevoid.png
    theladyofthevoid.png
    263.7 KB · Views: 9,483
Last edited:
Welcome to releases!

(for the Kart fans out there who had beef with Kodachrome in there, check this out)

When I last played this level back in SUGOI 1, I was using a much smaller computer monitor. Now I've played this level in widescreen it blasted my eyes out into another dimension, maybe a bit too much. it's still impressive to me how you were able to get all of the animated textures and flats to line up like that for the visual effect though.

Never got to play SUGOI, so this was new for me. (Well, if we exclude the kart version.)

A short, but quite fun and challenging level, with a unique visual style.
My eyes still needs time to fully recover from its uniqueness, though.

It's cool, yeah, but maybe ask if you should do the thing before you do it? I'm a bit wary of people playing this and - like myself - being forced to look away else they puke up their most recent meal

This level is definitely unique for sure.

The moving lines, combined with the maximum possible contrast, made for quite a trip on my LED monitor. It really does mess with your depth perception, and it's a bit of challenge even with Tails. I did try with Sonic as well, and I guess I will need to become more skilled in his movement abilities before completing it.

Ah yes, Dazzle Camouflage Zone is back and ready to abuse your eyes once again

Ah, so this is where kart got it from! (encore mode at least). Very neat. (now we just need kart's less trippy textures and probably its theme)

You've succumb to the pleading before but please do not nerf the look of this wonderful stage. Preserve the masterpiece that is Kodachrome Void.

Also SSG3 it seems like you haven't played SUGOI, you should do that at some point!

Also SSG3 it seems like you haven't played SUGOI, you should do that at some point!
Too bad you need 2.1.25, tho...

Speaking of SUGOI, I hate to say it, but I'm all for a remake of the whole trilogy for 2.2.

Too bad you need 2.1.25, tho...
Thankfully, this is very easy to obtain from SRB2.org's Historic Downloads page!

Speaking of SUGOI, I hate to say it, but I'm all for a remake of the whole trilogy for 2.2.
I believe that this is planned to happen eventually! Just... not for a while. (However, you can still play SUGOI on 2.2 with only minor issues as long as you don't mind strange palettes!)

Hmph. Cowardly.

Pssh. You know I was joking around. I can handle it in it's current state. In fact, I wasn't bothered about it even in SRB2Kart V1.0 when the textures weren't dimmed down.

Jokes aside, I'm a fan of it. And what Rumia1 said: Preserve the masterpiece that is Kodachrome Void!

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back