Fixed FoV changing does not work in multiplayer games

I attempt to change the field of view value using the in-menu option and the gr_fov console command. This has no effect in multiplayer games.

It does, however, work as intended in single-player games

This is intentional, because gr_fov can be used in binds to cheat at ringslinger modes by creating a pseudo-scope. It probably should spit out an error message when you try to use it and it was prevented to explain that, though.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is intentional, because gr_fov can be used in binds to cheat at ringslinger modes by creating a pseudo-scope. It probably should spit out an error message when you try to use it and it was prevented to explain that, though.

While I appreciate this explanation, and the reasoning behind it, I do believe that a more elegant solution would be setting a lower bound on the FoV in ringslinger modes, or allowing the server operator to decide whether or not players are allowed to change the FoV

I'm able to play the game just fine in single-player, but when I wanted to play co-op with my friends, I actually felt physically nauseous due to the FoV being restricted to 90 (i normally play with 120). I'm not sure if this is as much of a problem for others as it was for me, but it definitely feels like something that should be optional. A server-console variable or something. Just my thoughts on the matter.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back