Caps Lock state sticks at start of message

Status
Not open for further replies.

toaster

トースタちゃん
Kart Krew™️
You know, maybe I should check more thoroughly before I make topics. It turns out the game has zero support for caps lock.

This bug's been around for a while (before 2.1.9 - sorry guys!!), but I've only recently started using this subforum instead of spewing my thoughts out on IRC.

The state of Caps Lock will be maintained throughout an entire message depending on its setting when you press the talk key. The game accepts the altering of its state whenever you are not typing a message using the talk key. It would make sense if either Caps Lock were acknowledged even whilst you had the talk key active OR if it were ignored entirely.

Meanwhile, for comparison: the state of Caps Lock is ignored by the console entirely. However, this is self-consistent behaviour and likely not a bug.

If it helps with issue diagnosis, I have an English-UK keyboard. The Caps Lock keycode should be the same, however.

Last edited:
So if I understand this right... Caps lock inactive, type half a message, caps lock active, finish the message. That yields a message as if caps lock was always inactive, right?
And meanwhile, capslock active, type half a message, caps lock inactive, finish the message, would yield a message as if caps lock was always active? Is that what you're saying?

Regardless, using a Danish keyboard (a Danish version of a SteelSeries Apex 350 keyboard), if I go host a game, and try the two tests I mentioned right above, SRB2 will act as if caps lock is always inactive, even if caps lock is active before I press the chat key, so yeah, caps lock seems to be a bit buggy for chat messages. (Disclaimer: I tried it using a custom-compiled 2.1.15 EXE, not the officially released one.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back