Colormap under a FOF type 100 : Bug ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Internet Explorer

IT'S NO USE
Hello, good evening.
I still have a concern about the colormap with FOF.
Look at these pictures. One represents SRB2 Doom Builder, another level of SRB2 Doom Builder.

srb20003n.png

underfof.png

T
he metal object in front of Sonic is a streetlight. You see that Sonic is placed in an area where the pallet is navy blue / gray. However, I want that under the streetlight, the palette is orange / yellow.
I tried everything with linedef "colormap" : I tagged him with two sectors of the lamp (see screen Doom builder), I tagged the FOF who make up the lamp, I tagged a FOF 223 (non-solid, invisible) that was tagged to the sectors that make up the lamppost ... nothing helped.

U
nlike my other problem, I do not want the whole level is assigned with a tag -1 or 65535. Only the area below the streetlight should be affected.

I
ask for help.

You could try making a Fog Block (Linedef Type 202) that spans from the streetlight top to the ground.

Upload your map or instead copy that specific area to an empty map and upload that. I'll see what I can do.

Ah, the problem is solved!
In fact, the light of lamp worked, but was overwrited by the light of evening!
Thank you anyway. I'm really head in air !

However, a question : what if the tag of ColorMap = 0, the level will be affected by the colors?

Here's the (somewhat fixed) map: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5117337/SRB2/HelpMyWad_Thanks (kind of fixed).wad

I used a fog block instead of using the lower texture of the colormap linedef. Still, the (street light) colormap is affecting the fog block control sector.

You can't use the tag -1 (or 65535) to affect every sector in your level in this case, so what you have to do is manually set the "gloomy" colormap individually to each sector with a specific tag. You seem to be doing that already, good luck with the rest ;)

Last edited:
Ok, thank you very much, I was also thinking about something specific tag.
Anyway, thank you thank you thank you thank you !

---------- Post added at 10:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:31 PM ----------

Rooh is not true!
I understand nothing!
I copied and pasted the control area "Colormap / Fog Block" and the "Colormap evening" by removing my old level, and what he gives me!

srb20000o.png

You should have a sector with a lighting of 255 around the sector with the fog block, just as you can see in the map I sent you.

Actually, you don't need the whole sector to have a lighting of 255, just the area around the fog block and below the street lamp. What I did in your example map was using your solid shadow casting FOF of the street lamp (which has 255 of lighting).

I'll try this ..

---------- Post added at 10:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:10 PM ----------

When you say "Around the sector"...you want say this ?

Red area = Light 255
entourouge.png

---------- Post added at 10:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:18 PM ----------

In my original level, the 4 sectors (colormap evening ; colormap / fog and the two sectors which are used to construct the lamp) has a brightness of 255.

In your example map, that red area actually has a lighting of 128. The outer sector of the street lamp (with tag 4) has also a lighting of 128, however the solid FOF on that sector with tag 4 is shadow casting and has 255 of lighting (the FOF control sector, of course).

All that you say is present. The sector of the level has luminosity 128, but sector control has 255. We are going to make simple, in more I you rotted your evening, then so much to end it fast. I give you the original wad of my level. A big triangular sector will show you where takes place the problem, and you can correct the problem. I send you the link by private message.

Ok, just one thing, you say the control sector has a lighting of 255. You mean the "evening" colormap control sector? It doesn't matter what lighting that sector has, it won't change the lighting of the sectors affected by the colormap.

EDIT: The problem was in some light blocks that were interfering with the lighting. You can read more details in the PM I sent you.

Last edited:
The problem is solved FINAAAAAAAAAAAAALY ! I do not know how to thank you.

I will change the sky as you thought and I'll see if I like it. Part of this level of competition you will return!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back