What ? Is Egg Rock Zone too hard for you ? Well...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I apologize, I wasn't aware there WERE arguments on the other side. All I heard was "stop being a baby" and "these levels are already fine."

Personally, I think ERZ should be a challenging, but not impossible, fun level full of traps. In it's current state, ERZ is a gauntlet of death traps and mouse-throw inducing challenges. When I play ERZ, I don't feel like I'm having fun. I feel like I'm being trapped in a cage with people shaking the cage back and forth. I don't ever enjoy myself playing this zone because I know there's going to be another trap right around the corner.

I play video games to ESCAPE REALITY AND RELAX, not to be frustrated by this zone. I feel like I want to put the game down and go back to reality, something GOOD video games don't make me feel. (Unless of course you're playing Minecraft and you fall into lava, bullcrap!)

Also, one last thing, the random message when you quit the game is unnecessary and frustrating.
"What, is ERZ too hard for you?"
I want to yell at my screen when I see this message. Because back when I couldn't beat ERZ, I felt like the developers were taunting me. They basically are. They threw me into a four act gauntlet, and when I quit, all I get is a taunt. Absolutely fricking wonderful.

Am I the only one who loves the Snailer in the ERZ2 Megaman room? That and the ERZ4 lock on attack before I realized that you hide from it instead of running away from it were the only two times I died in my first runthrough of 2.1.

Am I the only one who loves the Snailer in the ERZ2 Megaman room? That and the ERZ4 lock on attack before I realized that you hide from it instead of running away from it were the only two times I died in my first runthrough of 2.1.

Yes, you are the only one.

I apologize, I wasn't aware there WERE arguments on the other side. All I heard was "stop being a baby" and "these levels are already fine."

Personally, I think ERZ should be a challenging, but not impossible, fun level full of traps. In it's current state, ERZ is a gauntlet of death traps and mouse-throw inducing challenges. When I play ERZ, I don't feel like I'm having fun. I feel like I'm being trapped in a cage with people shaking the cage back and forth. I don't ever enjoy myself playing this zone because I know there's going to be another trap right around the corner.

I play video games to ESCAPE REALITY AND RELAX, not to be frustrated by this zone. I feel like I want to put the game down and go back to reality, something GOOD video games don't make me feel. (Unless of course you're playing Minecraft and you fall into lava, bullcrap!)

Also, one last thing, the random message when you quit the game is unnecessary and frustrating.
"What, is ERZ too hard for you?"
I want to yell at my screen when I see this message. Because back when I couldn't beat ERZ, I felt like the developers were taunting me. They basically are. They threw me into a four act gauntlet, and when I quit, all I get is a taunt. Absolutely fricking wonderful.

ERZ Isnt impossible, and it is challenging. Also, earlier in the thread, I feel like the advice that I had given you as well as anyone who had troubles with ERZ seemed fine (If you dont remember it was to just playthrough the level, calmly and slowly, use common sense before entering an obstacle, beat the level, them practice it again and learn its secrets until you completely master that level. To sum this up, basically dont rush through the level). However, it seems that the advice wasnt taken...
Also, the random message, its just for trolls and laughs. I personally find it funny. I doubt they would remove it.

ERZ Isnt impossible, and it is challenging. Also, earlier in the thread, I feel like the advice that I had given you as well as anyone who had troubles with ERZ seemed fine (If you dont remember it was to just playthrough the level, calmly and slowly, use common sense before entering an obstacle, beat the level, them practice it again and learn its secrets until you completely master that level). However, it seems that the advice wasnt taken...
Also, the random message, its just for trolls and laughs. I personally find it funny. I doubt they would remove it.

I can easily beat ERZ now...after spending about 50 lives memorizing the place, which is NOT how you should beat a level in a video game.
I hate it when you have to die over and over to be able to be good at a level. I would like being able to run through a level without dying a bunch of times just to get more experience.
The thing is, when you die in a game, you either feel like it was your fault or the game's fault. In this case, I feel like it's the game's fault with the cheap traps and level design. Even when I try my very best, the traps still get the best of me.

Please stop being so passive-agressive (when you're not being outright aggressive) in your posts.

I enjoy that Snailer in the Megaman room too. The blocks are shaped so that you can jump from side to side, avoiding the shots. It's fun. I agree that it should probably be taken out, but I'll miss it once it's gone.

Please stop being so passive-agressive (when you're not being outright aggressive) in your posts.

I enjoy that Snailer in the Megaman room too. The blocks are shaped so that you can jump from side to side, avoiding the shots. It's fun. I agree that it should probably be taken out, but I'll miss it once it's gone.

I was referring to the fact that pretty much everyone in this thread hates that darn snail. I wasn't meaning to be rude.

I hate it when you have to die over and over to be able to be good at a level. I would like being able to run through a level without dying a bunch of times just to get more experience.

Well, games back in the day were made this way. Take example, Pac-man, it was an arcade game that people would play, advance through some levels, then die because they werent good enough at playing (Or tricking the ghosts).

Even if you hate it, dying is apart of the experience. You should note every time you die as a mistake you made and fix it whether or not its the game or you, its your job to find out where the error happened and why rather than just simply blame the game.

I agree with him. To an extent.

But that's besides the point. Anyways, this topic caught my interest. Somewhere in the early pages of this topic, I think I recall someone saying that ERZ 2 is easier in 2.1 than in 2.0. I think that's half false (Mega man room).

I've been playing this game since I was in 7th grade, so I think that makes almost 7 years now, so lack of skill really isn't the problem here. Most of ERZ 2 stayed the same in my opinion except the one room. I entered that level with... 7-8 lives, and by the time I reached the section where you shrink size through the zoomtube, I had 1 life left. The Snailer on the wall is just a plain overkill in my opinion when playing as Sonic. Hell, 2.0.6, I blew though ERZ2 as if it was GFZ1, but 2.1 I died multiple times. This isn't really a "CHANGE THIS BECAUSE IT'S TO HARD!!!" message. It's just to say, even skilled players have trouble with this too. Hell, if the Devs enjoy seeing little blue hedgehogs with white small oven mitts gaze into the eyes of the player with a shocked expression on their face, let them be glad I suppose.

I'm convinced that I should just record 2.0.6's Disappearing FOF section and compare it to 2.1's disappearing FOF section. But I believe it's not really necessary.

And now... Egg Rock Zone 3. At first I really had some trouble with this as Sonic, but as I memorized the level. It wasn't that hard to finish ahead of Metal Sonic. But there was one part that bothered me majorly. It was the section when you first go onto the ceiling and hop of the floating platforms upside down.The first section of platforms was easy, but the second set and the third set I had trouble with.

The second set of floating platforms felt like they matched Sonic's exact jump height, which I think is 100 fracunits in Doom Builder. This always caused me to panic and accidentally run off the platform when I successfully landed on it or just to miss the jump entirely. And when you try to be careful, Metal Sonic flies right by me like nobody's business.

The third set of FOFs, is when you're back on the floor. I can't really say I can blame this on my part. I always make the jumps but when trying to slow down. Sonic simply slides off the platforms with the new mechanics. Nothing can be done there really.

Overall, I don't see why people think Egg Rock Zone 3 is so difficult, then again I'm speaking from an experienced players point of view, or more like my own.

If you read all of this, I have to say thank you for reading the Srb2 Life Story of Katch the Donut.

Last edited:
Am I the only one who loves the Snailer in the ERZ2 Megaman room?
Tell me that with a straight face after you've done a Record Attack of ERZ2 through both paths and the Snailer just decides to toss both you and the last half hour of your life into the death pit.

Tell me that with a straight face after you've done a Record Attack of ERZ2 through both paths and the Snailer just decides to toss both you and the last half hour of your life into the death pit.
Haha! This forum needs a like button. There are reasons why I haven't touched Record attack with Egg Rock Zone 2.

Ok, I will. I love that adorable little Snailer.

Haha! This forum needs a like button. There are reasons why I haven't touched Record attack with Egg Rock Zone 2.

Better start practicing now, it will feel pretty good when you get all those emblems. :)

Attachments

• srb20005.png
    srb20005.png
    46 KB · Views: 336
While I'm considering delaying his LOS attack, I'm not changing Brak's rocket attack. I tried that once and it felt all sorts of wrong.

However, I should note that his laughing actually has a purpose. He won't attack again until he's laughed, so if you need a signal to "stop attacking", that would be it. On the upside, attacking him before he laughs is totally safe. That said, the time between his attacks ending and him laughing gets shorter the lower his health is, and his attack occurs at random after laughing (so you can still chance an attack if you want; otherwise, just wait for him to do his attack and try to hit him the instant the attack finishes).

This is true to an extent. You don't get a warning when you attack him. I'm not wanting a 10 second delay before an attack all I ask for is a sound that comes beforehand ((like at LEAST a second or two)) that will notify me "hey he's using the flamethrower" vs. "hey he's going to shoot the missile" because sometimes you just hit him a slightly odd way and BOOM out of the playing field. Like when you're not attacking him it's a good way to tell he's about to attack you but you can still at least tell which one he does because a crosshair goes on you or a missile fired shot goes up or something and you know he's about to drop the napalm bomb. But his main "I just got hit" attacks don't do this.

Ok, I will. I love that adorable little Snailer.

Better start practicing now, it will feel pretty good when you get all those emblems. :)
Son, please.

erz2record.png

And then there's also stuff like this mother of god:

agzrecord.png

(Which reminds me, I still have Azure Temple to do. But that's beyond off-topic.)

Some guys have said that snailer always kills player. It doesn't make it hard! You can completely ignore it this way: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y__7gFihGc0
And If my jump is 1 second late, you fall down.... And that's the fast and more dangerous way. Taking your time on platforming should be safer, so yes, that snail is in the way.

And for everyone that says that ERZ is the last zone:
ERZ1 is fine for me, I can complete it with no problems, it's act2. Act 2 has way more instadeath crushers and pits, where you only have one try.

And If my jump is 1 second late, you fall down.... And that's the fast and more dangerous way. Taking your time on platforming should be safer, so yes, that snail is in the way.
Did you really take my video seriously?

For a more serious hint : You can avoid the snailer's bullets by jumping and walking side to side on those blocks.

Did you really take my video seriously?

For a more serious hint : You can avoid the snailer's bullets by jumping and walking side to side on those blocks.
Yes, you can avoid them, but the platforms get smaller and you get closer to the snailer, so there is a higher chance that you can get hit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back