This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
srb20176.gif

...you know I had to.

This feels alot cleaner than before! The extra air/walljump control makes controlling Nasya much times easier than before, and praise jesus for the Force Shield. She still has this huge learning curve and punishes you harshly for imperfect play, but it feels less as if the learning curve comes from compensating for awkwardness. And it feels incredibly rewarding when you're consistently picking up momentum which is definitely the best thing about her and makes her worth learning.

It IS strange to see so many frames of animation after getting used to the usual quota...but still, she's definitely my favorite flying cat dominatrix on the MB!

I really want to see this Character as unique sprites sometime.

Other than that. She's hard to learn but fun to play once you know

... don't fight Castle Eggman's boss with her.

This is amazing
The one thing that threw me off is that walljumps now start at a downwards angle and the angle spins in the direction opposite of normal jump
I kinda figured it's to help with walljumps when you're facing the wall, but...
1) The fact that it starts with a downwards direction completely kills the moments where you need to jump off quickly with some sort of hazard beneath you. Even if death pits no longer kill instantly, that's pretty much -1 safety bounce.
2) It pretty much cancels the jump if you're facing anything but the wall you latched onto

Last edited:
Just uploaded a quick hotfix. Turns out I broke the animation for the thokTwirl at the last second without noticing. The actual gameplay is still more or less the same, but the stars shouldn't freak out anymore.
Also fixed a thing with the filename. I wouldn't read too much into it.

This is amazing
The one thing that threw me off is that walljumps now start at a downwards angle and the angle spins in the direction opposite of normal jump
I kinda figured it's to help with walljumps when you're facing the wall, but...
1) The fact that it starts with a downwards direction completely kills the moments where you need to jump off quickly with some sort of hazard beneath you. Even if death pits no longer kill instantly, that's pretty much -1 safety bounce.
2) It pretty much cancels the jump if you're facing anything but the wall you latched onto
It was mainly to address an annoying situation I frequently ran into where I'd smack into a low ceiling and lose all my momentum. But yeah, sacrifices had to be made. It's a tricky balance to find.

i want to preface this by saying that i very much see the effort put into this wad,i love the story bits, it always left a smile on my face, and while it isnt super amazingly writtten, i find it really endearing. im also in theory down with the gameplay, i have always wanted a character that is based on flight, the only other character i can think of that has that kinda is silver (without counting vanilla).

But i unfortunately couldnt finish a campaign with her because of one part, the boss in egg castle.
its not necessarily because of difficulty since i really do like a challenge and the rest was being super fun, i was really into it, but this boss broke me.I had all of the chaos emeralds, and the continues from them, since i felt i would need them, and i wasted them all. this boss shows all of her weaknesses and its so frustrating that (and im sorry for getting serious) that i had an anxiety attack and hyper ventilated. honestly kinda suprised no one has mentioned him (i might be an idiot and im doing something wrong, but i dont think so)
i dont mean to say that its your fault god no, but i would say that this boss, sorry for being pushy, needs a change. i wont focus on the reasons why its terrible, because i would be here all day, so ill try to give solutions i guess.

i think that at most when the cages open from hitting the buttons it should stay open, period, because the timing on it is cleary designed for different characters. im not saying its impossible, i can see people doing this boss, but in my opinion he seems to require perfection, and thinking of the other bosses i dont think they would require that to the same extent, its a humungous difficulty spike. i would also like the final phase to not be there, but that seems way too much honestly.

i know that this wad was already hard to code but i really do think it would benefit from this change, and perhaps changes to the character as a whole, but i havent played her enough to feel confident saying that. for now i just cant play her, but ill be checking to see her changes, because i really do think she has potential , heck i even made an account just to talk about her, thats says something.

hope you dont mind the overly long rant, thank you for reading (sorry if theres bad grammar, not the best at writting)

i want to preface this by saying that i very much see the effort put into this wad,i love the story bits, it always left a smile on my face, and while it isnt super amazingly writtten, i find it really endearing. im also in theory down with the gameplay, i have always wanted a character that is based on flight, the only other character i can think of that has that kinda is silver (without counting vanilla).

But i unfortunately couldnt finish a campaign with her because of one part, the boss in egg castle.
its not necessarily because of difficulty since i really do like a challenge and the rest was being super fun, i was really into it, but this boss broke me.I had all of the chaos emeralds, and the continues from them, since i felt i would need them, and i wasted them all. this boss shows all of her weaknesses and its so frustrating that (and im sorry for getting serious) that i had an anxiety attack and hyper ventilated. honestly kinda suprised no one has mentioned him (i might be an idiot and im doing something wrong, but i dont think so)
i dont mean to say that its your fault god no, but i would say that this boss, sorry for being pushy, needs a change. i wont focus on the reasons why its terrible, because i would be here all day, so ill try to give solutions i guess.

i think that at most when the cages open from hitting the buttons it should stay open, period, because the timing on it is cleary designed for different characters. im not saying its impossible, i can see people doing this boss, but in my opinion he seems to require perfection, and thinking of the other bosses i dont think they would require that to the same extent, its a humungous difficulty spike. i would also like the final phase to not be there, but that seems way too much honestly.

i know that this wad was already hard to code but i really do think it would benefit from this change, and perhaps changes to the character as a whole, but i havent played her enough to feel confident saying that. for now i just cant play her, but ill be checking to see her changes, because i really do think she has potential , heck i even made an account just to talk about her, thats says something.

hope you dont mind the overly long rant, thank you for reading (sorry if theres bad grammar, not the best at writting)

This is something I've thought long and hard about. I mostly agree with your assessment tbh, I'm just not sure if replacing the boss entirely is the right solution. For now, I've gone ahead and uploaded this:

It shows my strategy for beating this boss, and might help out anyone who's struggling.

In other Nasya-adjacent news, I'd like to shout out Rumia's Classic Physics WAD, which has some hardcoded exceptions for Nasya specifically. It makes her a lot easier to move while in the air in weightless mode, and generally makes her loads more forgiving. I decided against including her changes in the main Nasya release for various reasons, but if you're looking for "Nasya Easy Mode" it's pretty good.

Lastly, someone asked for a Nasya reference sheet for some reason? So I threw one together real quick:
nasyaref.png

I really enjoy Nasya, except that I'm bad. Especially at boss fights.

At one point, I tried playing Nasya in Simple Mode (analog). It *almost* worked fine.

My one problem in analog mode was: When charging a jump, I want to use the control stick to change the direction of my jump before I release it. Inputting a directional input during a jump charge interrupts the charge and creates a directional step instead.

I'm 100% a controller user, and all other functionality in all other modes worked fine for me. (Mostly I play strafe/legacy.)

I just had an awful time trying to play Nasya in a 2D section. I can't seem to kick forward and gain momentum. I tried Strafe, Standard, and Simple. Am I doing something wrong?

I just had an awful time trying to play Nasya in a 2D section. I can't seem to kick forward and gain momentum. I tried Strafe, Standard, and Simple. Am I doing something wrong?
This is another casualty of completely rewriting the character physics. 2D mode still 'works,' but you have to input forward and back instead of left and right. It's definitely on the list, of things to fix in a future version. >.>

attachment.php

Nasya 2.0 is now here! With a visual redesign, new animations, and pants!
A -nolore version is also available for those who hate fanfiction.

Here's what's new:
2.0 -

• Completely rerendered Nasya with a new design, proportions that better match other SRB2 characters, and pants.
  • Added small extra animations, such as alternating feet with each step, and different wallcling angles.
  • Visually redesigned Super Nasya to take advantage of dynamic skincolors. Hyper Nasya and Mystic Star Nasya maintain their original designs.
  • WAD-ON TECHNOLOGY - Kirby can now become Weightless Kirby by snacking on a floatcat.
  • In social situations, it may now be possible to persuade Nasya to dance. Maybe.
  • A -nolore version is now available, which excludes Nasya's cutscenes and bonus bossfight.
  • Nasya can now survive in space for twice as long as other characters. ERZ2 is now slightly less impossible.
  • Nasya will now redirect her vertical momentum as well as horizontal with each step. This makes getting flung into orbit slightly less punishing, though it's suble enough I wouldn't blame you for not noticing...

EDIT: Super quick micro update because I am an idiot. The lore version of 2.0 has an extra CSS entry. 2.0.1 fixes it.

Last edited:
Just out of curiosity, what made you decide to change her outfit?

Also...
mALyFId.gif
uhh...

i know this doesn't fit here, but ffxiv had an update recently that is removing belts...
i feel like Nasya wanted to change outfit asap the update got announced

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back