Logan McCloud's Low-Poly SRB2 Pack 2.2 Teaser Discussion

quite an interesting take on the cast's appearances in model form, i like how deliciously choppy the animations are, as well as the pixelated shading aesthetic.
one thing i'm not a huuuuuuge fan of is the fact that junio has a model. not that i hate it, it's awesome, but i find it weird that a model for junio would be made in the first place when his entire appeal is the hand-drawn animation tripplejaz made for the mod.

anyway uh i like this just my personal opinion, can't wait to inevitably be pleasantly surprised with the models for the rest of the cast.

It's actually pretty easy to open your notepad+ and copy/edit stuff. Though if you just can't be bothered to do that then say that. The only thing stopping you from doing it is you saying that "you can't" or "it's too hard."

Keeping a separate of my Models.dat file, and my models files, and crossreferencing to find the differences, is not what I would call user friendly. I'm not asking for much. Just a main download for the main cast and objects, and separate downloads for add-on characters like Flicky.

---------- Post added at 02:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:47 PM ----------

quite an interesting take on the cast's appearances in model form, i like how deliciously choppy the animations are, as well as the pixelated shading aesthetic.
one thing i'm not a huuuuuuge fan of is the fact that junio has a model. not that i hate it, it's awesome, but i find it weird that a model for junio would be made in the first place when his entire appeal is the hand-drawn animation tripplejaz made for the mod.

anyway uh i like this just my personal opinion, can't wait to inevitably be pleasantly surprised with the models for the rest of the cast.

The choppy movement gives it a sort of stop motion feel that is pretty unique. I'll have to give it a test drive to see if I still like it after a while. I also wonder how he's going to handle modern characters such as Shadow. Will he keep the Classic style, black eyes and all? Or will they be Modern style, just low poly?

Since I forgot to give my opinions when first viewing this thread:

The style of these models looks like it'll become my absolute favorite of all my time playing SRB2. I'm a big fan of Jeck Jims' Saturn-inspired ones, but as someone already mentioned, they blend the artstyle of SRB2, models, and a classic feel together oh so nicely. I hadn't heard of Logan McCloud's models before (I was a tad younger back when I got into SRB2, so I just used the JJ models since they were the ones frequently showcased) but I guess I'll be keeping an eye on them now.

I also wonder how he's going to handle modern characters such as Shadow. Will he keep the Classic style, black eyes and all? Or will they be Modern style, just low poly?

I'd personally be hyped to see the characters looking similar to their CSS pictures. Looking at the old trailer for the 2.1 release, Logan seemed to stick with the pre-existing style, so I'd expect it to be about the same this time around... but I guess time will tell!

I can't wait for this to come out either. To me, even jeck jim's models can get boring after a looong time of using them.

*jeck jims'
lol not that it matters
anyway just wanted to say if he plans to do modded chars that'd be cool. top pick could be eggpack, or silver? i dont know if i can choose just one theres so many good characters

maybe the mod could be called GFZrb2 lol

New Characters

quickly wanna say how were also getting Drip Sonic and Inazuma in the pack as well

---------- Post added at 11:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:45 PM ----------

Also Steve where you can put in ur own minecraft textures :))))

Guys, I've been poking around the srb2 discord... Be patient its taking so long for hyperchaotixfox to make the models

Mod Edit: Well, if you're gonna talk about it...

So, the Logan Mcloud's Low-Poly Pack 2 Teaser just realeased.
What do you think about the Teaser? i think its hype!
The Junio Sonic MD2 was the best thing to come out with the teaser.

in the teaser i saw that tails didn't have a md3 in any of the scenes

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back