Anyone else disappointed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I don't know how you could really expect all THAT much more. If you want to nitpick about enemy AI, need I remind you how the Jetty-syns we've had for years work.

The enemies we have have always been exceptionally simple.

What it sounds like to me is you guys were expecting some world changing game that completely changes everything, and that's not what 2.0 is. v2.0 is simply more content for the same game, and I don't see why you're surprised to see this.

Now, the bugs ARE a problem, and if you can help us stamp them out it would be highly appreciated. I will note that it's STILL a lot cleaner than it has been in any time in the last 3 years.

Mystic said:
If you want to nitpick about enemy AI, need I remind you how the Jetty-syns we've had for years work.
Oh, by the way, thanks for taking the Jetty-syns out (at least mostly).

I was actually kind of pleased with the SP levels. I never really had any expectations to be honest for it to be honest. I loved Deep Sea; I never found the level boring in any way possible. I loved the save system, it made it feel more retro'y (like Sonic 3). I do have some gripes about it though...

The enemies are just plain boring to look at. The normal Crawlas gave off a really cool "classic" sort of feel; they're simplistic, yet original at the same time. Now we have to look at bland/generic Crawlas that could fit in with the other 100 bland robot designs Sonic Team came up with. Oh, and is it me, or do some of the enemies look like they could fit in a Megaman game?

Eggman's mechs are nice, but Eggman himself looks weird, I don't know what exactly makes him weird though, he just looks that way.

Castle Eggman Act 2's framerate was unbearable, that and the lack of depth perception makes it really hard.

I'm fine with everything. Even the new save system. Because of the fact that you can't save or quit whenever you want (such as...after making sure you get the emerald at the end of the stage) it makes the game more difficult, which I think is a good thing.

I really don't see what everyone is complaining about.

Well...there is one thing. The big block buster part in DSZ was kind of unnecessary in my opinion. How about only have bust blocks where each of the new branches start and leave the middle sections empty?

Re: Anyone else dissapointed?

Zanyhead said:
The Shieldbots are oddly and annoyingly placed, putting them near the ledges of key jumps to bounce you into the lower levels only to have to do the ENTIRE platforming part again was not a good idea.

Uh? Crabs, Mantises, Metropolis Zone, remember?

Anyway, the remake of RVZ was amazing, I wasn't expecting that, and the new end to the level was just amazing, and shows how great the level designs are in these new levels.

I'm playing Egg Rock act 1 now and so far its great, except for the music, its nowhere near serious enough for a final zone, it reminds me a lot of Robotnik's base level in SA, the final level of sonic's story, but even the music there felt a lot more like a final zone tune then this one.

XAlted said:
The enemies are just plain boring to look at.
Maybe it's because there are so many different ones that we haven't seen before.

And yes, CEZ2 framerate is horrible. The last room took me 20 minutes because of lag, even though I have a 2x 2.66 GHz processor.

The only thing that I didn't like was the buster maze and the fact that the archer doesn't have throwing animations. But otherwise, I really enjoy this release.

Whoa, what.

Someone did not seriously just complain about ERZ1's music.

...what the hell.

ERZ1's tune is absolutely awesome, for crying out loud. I was amazed by it the first time I heard it.

MattW_CFI said:
Whoa, what.

Someone did not seriously just complain about ERZ1's music.

...what the hell.

ERZ1's tune is absolutely awesome, for crying out loud. I was amazed by it the first time I heard it.
I thought it was awesome too, at least the thrity seconds I hear of it before I die. Nah, seriously, ERZ is amazing, it will probably take me years to finish.

I never said it wasn't awesome, I love the tune on its own, its really good I just think for a final zone it could cound a bit more serious, like Death Egg Zone's music, that's all.

Mystic said:
What it sounds like to me is you guys were expecting some world changing game that completely changes everything, and that's not what 2.0 is. v2.0 is simply more content for the same game, and I don't see why you're surprised to see this.
Are you surprised? I seem to recall you say that SRB2ME will be such a big change that it should be called 2.0.

BlueZero4 said:
Mystic said:
Are you surprised? I seem to recall you say that SRB2ME will be such a big change that it should be called 2.0.
But it still the same game with the same old engine.

BlueZero4 said:
Mystic said:
From a player-perspective, the difference is in content. From an editor's perspective, the game is revolutionary. It DID deserve to be called 2.0, and once you have your level editor configs, you'll see exactly why.

No, players AREN'T all going to be OH MY GOD THIS IS THE BEST GAME EVA! But it is still a MAJOR improvement over 1.09.4.

BlueZero4 said:
And the instant you start editing it you'll understand exactly why I said that. Just look at the specials listing and it's obvious that the changes are drastic.

The GAME itself is pretty much the same game, except for match/ctf.

I love how everybody is complain about how hard it is.

I like most of the gimmicks. Like (Oops that would reveal sonic's emblem in DSZ) :D

I like the one ctf expect the fact everybody shoots me just to have my stuff. D: (This wouldn't happen if I was a better dodger).

Anyway, The multi-player maps are better than sp maps. And anyone saying Eggrock is too hard....Well they warned you. ;D

BlueZero4 said:

You don't call Save change, more sp maps,a bunch of Race maps,new bosses,new match/ctf system,say-teambutton,Reverse gravity,improved specials stages, new (somewhat) join menu, Spectator menu and a new Hud system (like how it divides the red and blues). changes from the 1.09.04a not big changes, Then I have no clue what you were expecting!
Ninja'd

Edit: A scale command in devmode makes sonic smaller I think (Sonic CD anyone?

I'm loving Eggrock, the music feels so nostalgic; makes me want to play SA1 again. I'll have to get on multiplayer sometime, looks like fun.

Nope

I'm very happy with 2.0. DSZ gets frustrating, it's a good zone, and so are all the others. I loved the new skim sprites, and the shieldbots are a great idea.

It sounds to me like you're all whining that it's too hard.

I love it so far-I'm only used Knuckles so far, BTW.

DSZ is a little strange, what with the crumbling rock maze, (although knux made it a little easier then it might have been for knux and tails) and taking the wrong way during the slides. Other then that, I have no complaints yet except that in the CEZ2 room with the large tower, it's not obvious what the buttons are.

Jellybones said:
I love it so far-I'm only used Knuckles so far, BTW.

DSZ is a little strange, what with the crumbling rock maze, (although knux made it a little easier then it might have been for knux and tails)
The rocks crumble when touching them, even if using Sonic or Tails.

Reading through this topic is utterly, utterly depressing. Hearing someone claim we RUSHED it is perhaps the worst insult that can be made, considering we haven't made a release in THREE YEARS.

So things aren't perfect. You guys asked for ME, and we gave it to you. We can't find every issue when doing internal testing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back