Anyone else disappointed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sonic should be the only one to have a super form. For starters, he's already the hardest character to use, and is much more limited in what he can do and how to explore a level compared to Tails and Knuckles. Completing the seventh special stage with him is also insanely hard this time. Super Sonic's a reward for mastering the game with the most difficult character of the three, and it should stay that way. Besides, what unique abilities would Super Tails and Knuckles have? They already have enough aerial antics.

Plus it makes Sonic special. :U

The point of going to the new memory manager was the following:

*) Get SRB2 to crash more often if some code is bad.
*) Allow unlimited memory use (rather than stuck with 64mb or whatever you specify with -mb parameter)

Unfortunately, Doom rendering engine is not meant to work in a protected memory environment (or there are some memory corruption bugs we cannot find). So it is doing the right thing and crashing, but obviously we don't want this to occur in a public release.

Nice job then! :) Is it hard to use the old system for public releases and the new one in your tests? That would be awesome.

Mystic said:
Jake said:
This is the reason only Sonic gets to go super out of match, and it'll stay that way.

Though, I find no reason to collect the emeralds with other characters.
Maybe in the main storyline, I would be happy with a secret emerald level. (Like in 3D blast)

Only Sonic going super is a current gen thing you know. If we're to use S&K, S3&K, or KS2, We'd See Knuckles had a Super form from the chaos emeralds too. Or is the "emulate the Classics" argument tossed out when talking super forms?

Also Super Tails is suppose to require 7 super emeralds.

I never even understood where the whole "emulating the classics" argument came from. I mean, from that point, you might as well say that the levels deviate from the classic style, since (limitations aside) they don't include loops, corkscrews, slopes, running up walls, various other Sonic staples... What do you also make of things such as having a Special Stage that uses the exact same gameplay as that of the normal game, or Sonic's thok?

The way I see it, SRB2 lifts the most inspiration from the classics, but that's about it. It's not bound to them by any means.

No. Click the link.

EDIT: I forgot my criticism.

I like the new version. I only have complaints about the [spoiler:dbec1a8e2e]New Save System D=[/spoiler:dbec1a8e2e]
*so you wouldn't have to read it again*

and CEZ2. TOO MUCH LAG. I'm currently on ACZ1.

I don't know why so many people are complaining over this. This has to be one of the greatest fan made sonic game I've ever seen. The designs and difficulty are breath-taking. Hasn't srb2jte spoiled you guys enough? Seriously 10+ years working; just so you guys can complain about it? Nice job guys.

bluethefox said:
Hasn't srb2jte spoiled you guys enough? Seriously 10+ years working; just so you guys can complain about it? Nice job guys.
You know what, you're right. I'll be sure to give Duke Nukem Forever a very warm reception when it finally gets released.

Hahaha, no, just kidding. If the amount of praise a game gets was really proportional to the amount of time spent developing it, Too Human (which for the record, started development around the Quake I era, maybe even earlier) would almost certaintly have been hailed as a bar-breaker. Now to its credit, SRB2 isn't nearly as bad a game as that, but it has flaws, and that is a fact that time cannot hide. And I'm sure a lot of people would rather point out mistakes in the interests of helping the SRB2 crew improve on them, than live under the hideously fanboyish delusion that everything with the Sonic brand on it is absolute perfection.

Short version: criticism is not a bad thing. If something gets between a player and their enjoyment of a game they deserve to be heard, and if you'd rather ignore them and enjoy the game for what it is, by all means do so, but don't even try to excuse problems based on how long we've been waiting for the last major update.

glaber said:
Only Sonic going super is a current gen thing you know. If we're to use S&K, S3&K, or KS2, We'd See Knuckles had a Super form from the chaos emeralds too. Or is the "emulate the Classics" argument tossed out when talking super forms?
Mystic said:
Jake said:
This is the reason only Sonic gets to go super out of match, and it'll stay that way.
Not so much a "Next Gen" Sonic thing as to a "giving Sonic a nitch" sort of thing. Tails and Knuckles still have some pretty big advantages over Sonic, but the super form gives him a special ability that sets him up with Tails and Knuckles. And Knuckles having a super form? Invincibility, sped up, and the armageddon shield like glide thing? No way. It'd be fairly useless and more of a just sheer "I'm overpowered! Now watch as I kill everything!" sort of deal.

As for all the complaining, I really had no big complaints at all. I could deal quite fine with the save system, although I got it around 2.0.2. ERZ was hard, but I kinda expected that, so previous stages hold quite a large load of 1-ups. *hints at CEZ2 for Tails and Knuckles* Enemies were fairly interesting, the spiney spiners actually added some more difficult AI than 100+ jetties. The large lancing bots... I really didn't understand their "challenge" if they posed one. I was more confused when I saw them. Basically, they are my real only complaint. I loved most of this stuff. Keep up the good work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back