Do you like to read?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sonic260

The Elementor
Do you like reading?

My favorite series are the Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling,His Dark Materials by Philiup Pullman(The Golden Compass, etc.) the movie sucks..., and the Pendragon series by D.J. MacHale.

I'm rereading the entire Harry Potter series and I'm currently on book 6. In the Pendragon series, I'm on book 5 (there are 10 books in all)

My friend is trying to get me to read the twilight series, anyone read those?

i like to read, i do it most of the time.

my favorite author is R.L. Stine.
Fear street series - win.

I usually like anything by Ray Bradbury. I also enjoy the occasional short story by Edgar Allen Poe.

tl;dr

Nah, just kidding. I don't mind reading books, but I never really got into it, honestly.

Same here, I enjoy reading them, but I'm not willing to go out to the library to look for something good to read. Unless I have to of course.

Reading is generally my "nopthing else to do" thing. Normally just search random stuff on Wikipedia (Could be anything; from some movie I just saw advertised to quantum physics and black holes). I do have the Halo novels, though, along with all Harry Potter books... but that's about it.

sonic260 said:
the movie sucks...

You should know by know that most book-based movies suck. After reading I Am Legend and Jurassic Park, I absolutely hated their movie counterparts.

Oh, and I do love reading, I'm quite fond of the Redwall series.

Chisuun said:
sonic260 said:
the movie sucks...

You should know by know that most book-based movies suck. After reading I Am Legend and Jurassic Park, I absolutely hated their movie counterparts.

Oh, and I do love reading, I'm quite fond of the Redwall series.
But most book-based movies try to stick to the storyline. The Golden Compass didn't do anything story related. It was like an entire different book!

I'm currently rather addicted to the Artemis Fowl series, by Eoin (pronounced Owen) Colfer.

sonic260 said:
Do you like reading?

My favorite series are the Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling,His Dark Materials by Philiup Pullman(The Golden Compass, etc.) the movie sucks..., and the Pendragon series by D.J. MacHale.

I'm rereading the entire Harry Potter series and I'm currently on book 6. In the Pendragon series, I'm on book 5 (there are 10 books in all)

My friend is trying to get me to read the twilight series, anyone read those?

Dude I LOVE the Pendragon series! Whenever one of them comes out, I read the whole thing in a few hours. I also read them aloud to my little sister, who also loves them (She could probably read them herself, but it's more fun for both of us this way).

I also love Harry Potter, too. My dad read all of those aloud to the whole family. We went out at midnight for the release of The Deathly Hallows. I also have all 7 of them as audiobooks on CD (I'm listening to the Half-Blood Prince, disk 4, right now as I write this.) With the exception of the 5th book, all of those audiobooks are the british versions, not the american ones (The british narrator, Stephen Fry, is WAAAY better than the american narrator, Jim Dale.)

I also really love The Edge Chronicles, by Paul Stewart and Chris Riddell. Seriously, that series ROCKS BIG TIME, and it provided some of the inspiration for a novel I'm writing. I also got some of the inspiration for that novel from the Book of Ember series by Jeanne DuPrau. The rest of the inspiration for my book came from the Microsoft 3D pipes screensaver.

I used to read a lot when I was much younger than I am now. I was even told my my parents that I seemed to be able read at about 2 or 3 years old, even though I didn't start speaking until I was about 5 years old.

As for now, I don't read as much books as I used to. There's nothing that interests me enough anymore. I've even been reading more fact than fiction nowadays.

fawfulman said:
Dude I LOVE the Pendragon series! Whenever one of them comes out, I read the whole thing in a few hours. I also read them aloud to my little sister, who also loves them (She could probably read them herself, but it's more fun for both of us that way).

You can't even buy Pendragon books in Macon,GA ;_;. I've only found them in my school's library...if I'm lucky...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back