• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Tails Base Release

Status
Not open for further replies.

hotdog003

Here it is: Tails Base.

Image001.gif

The front of the base
Image002.gif

Just inside the base. Notice the closing/opening door!
Image003.gif

The lab. Yellow shield taken out.
Image004.gif

Dining room / work area.
Image005.gif

AH YOO READY FOH SUM BASKETBAWL?!?!?!?... Ahem... anyways...
Image006.gif

The lake. Complete with diving board.
Image007.gif

The river with PROWER-O-MATIC Water Filteration system.

What are you waiting for? Click here to download!

Okay, okay. Maybe I take my work a little *too* seriously, but this is one of my best WADs.

Hey, cool wad :D.
It's really creative 'n stuff, can't wait to try it out in a netgame.
I've noticed a spot where you kinda screwed up, nothing big, though. You just made the ceiling higher in the sectors that contain the glass bridge.

ohnoes!!! your link is broken! and the pics wont show... i didnt get it yet!!!

I can't see the pics. So... did you add rings yet? I mean, if that was fixed, then this becomes one of the most visually appealing maps I've seen in ages. Else, same map I already have.

The higher sector in the glass bridge is intentional. I made it that way so you could see the "cieling" of the part that you came out of. So that it doesn't look just like the sky was there.
And, yes, I did add rings.

WHAT??? LINK BROKEN?!?!?!?!? OH, NOES!!!!! Stupid ripway... I'll look into that.

NOOOO!!!!! Ripway's domb ol' Bandwidth Police have shut down my account because too many of you people have downloaded my stuff. I'll either have to host it on another server, or you'll have to wait untill tomorrow. Sorry about that.

Or, you can email me if you want it.

Ok, lets get this through your thick heads, children:
RIPWAY SUCKS! DON'T USE IT FOR ANYTHING THAT ANYONE WILL ACTUALLY WANT!
I haven't seen a single Ripway-hosted download that has worked for anyone except the person who uploaded it, sometimes not even then. Also, Mystic laughs in peoples faces and ignores things for months. :| I'll host it on JTE.rose-manor.net if you want, but that's all I can offer.

try using Xoopiter (http://www.xoopiter.com) They have 3 types of host, and are all free. But you have to wait about 2 days before they send you the agreement that your website host is up. The awesome thing: 250MB of space and 1GB of bandwidth!!!! It also includes 1 MYSQL database, a pretty big one too. It's what I use.

There is also free 300MB email and Unlimited message board with FTP (both the board and the website host have FTP by teh way). Though the message board is PHPBB, there are some downsides: 1. You cannot properly install EasyMod without messing up the whole board, and some hacks can't even install whatsoever. 2. You get a big fat slobbered-on ad for your visitors to stare at.

FYI, your Ripway thing isn't down for good; it just goes up and down about as frequently as a sine wave.

It's interesting, though I'm not sure abusing the HOM for slopes is the best idea. Also I think it needs a run through ZenNode or ZDBSP, seeing as OpenGL mode creates these nice holes all over the level (which collision-detection-wise don't affect anything, but sure look ugly).

ACK! No ZIP files, fury. Can't use it.

You may not use your web space for 'data warehousing' ; that is, using our space as storage for large files which are only linked from other sites;
The following list of file types are the only file types permitted on Xoopiter.com members sites. All other file types are not permitted:

js, swf, au, snd, mid, midi, ram, wav, gif, jpg, wrl, vrml, css, html, htm, rtf, png, psd, ico, doc, php, sql;

Any other files located by Xoopiter.com will be automatically deleted.

Ok. Does it work now?

I played it in OpenGL, and I see what you mean. All should be fixed now. Also, I used XWE's "Clean Up" feature to make the file size smaller. I don't trust it because it "cleaned up" my music file. I played it in srb2, though, and I didn't notice any difference...

That feature just makes the file size smaller, as you said. It isn't intended to have any other effect.

As an added note, LumpMod automatically cleans up any wad file it works on.

But, does it compress the file? If so, then I don't like it.

Also, does the link work? I don't care about the "YOU ARE DOWNLOADING THIS FROM A DIFFERENT SERVER" page.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back