• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Super Sonic 64 Mod (Third Beta Out!)

Do You Like The Idea?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, It's Stupid -.-

• Kind OF

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Go ahead. I'm thinking about becoming a spriter for this since nova is using my knuckles and wants to use my barriers.

Seconded. Camo seems to be running the project as of late, so I'm not even sure Nova is on SRB2 much anymore.

Actually, I got a couple PM's from nova. Nova was having problems with something and I wasn't much help.

No, no. I've just been busy is all. And I still play SRB2, although I don't play net games as much as I used to (most likely because of the quality of the average net game). I have been doning some work on SS64 without showing public progress on the MB. Stuff like:
-I've drawn some from scratch bob-omb sprites, all I need to do with those now is scan them and colour and shade them to the SRB2 pallete.
-I have a few Goomba sprites (hand drawn) that, with a few touch-ups might be ready for SS64.
-Etc.
I might be taking a mild leave from the MB for just a little while. To catch up with old friends and say good-byes to the friends that are moving away, that kind of stuff. Anyway, don't worry about me, I'll be on every now and then, and soon come on more often.

EDIT: BZ4, reread the story on the first post ;D

*parties like it's on sale for 19.99* I don't know why, maybe it's the lack of GFZ3 music, but.....

And btw, was that real life or video games that kept you busy?

I'm pretty sure that it' real life.

How's the castle redesign going? Got a beta that you can PM me so that I can make a room for SVZ and Sands of Time?

http://img528.imageshack.us/img528/8076/srb20000kn3.png
Ruh-roh, another crue!

To be honest, I don't like this mod one bit.
Tails disappoints me, since he's just a underpowered version of Knuckles. Change his ability.
The first level just killed my attitude to play when you were FORCED to use the shield, and if you lost it when you weren't Sonic, you had to restart the level again.
Prison Escape is too dark, add some Torches for ambient light in OpenGL.
I haven't seen a single Bomb-omb charge at me or explode (A_Chase, A_Explode).
Boos are not intended to fly around in bright light, or be killed for that matter.
Bowser looked... funky.
Emeralds shouldn't be in the Mario Universe. Exchange them with Crystal Stars? Like from Paper Mario : the Thousand Year Door?

I haven't gone far from the second emerald searching, but I still say improve.

Pepe said:
http://img528.imageshack.us/img528/8076/srb20000kn3.png
Ruh-roh, another crue! This level has been totally redone.
To be honest, I don't like this mod one bit.
Tails disappoints me, since he's just a underpowered version of Knuckles. Fixed in the latest beta.
Change his ability. He has Knux's ability and Knux has glide no climb now.
The first level just killed my attitude to play when you were FORCED to use the shield, and if you lost it when you weren't Sonic, you had to restart the level again. Once again fixed in newest beta
Prison Escape is too dark, add some Torches for ambient light in OpenGL. I'm pretty sure that BlueZero4 is doing a rehall of Prision Break.
I haven't seen a single Bomb-omb charge at me or explode (A_Chase, A_Explode). Fixed, in newest beta.
Boos are not intended to fly around in bright light, or be killed for that matter.What level do they do that in? It's proabably fixed in the next beta.
Bowser looked... funky. I'm not sure about this, but I believe that Nova is doing some from scratch bowser sprites, although I don't know for sure).
Emeralds shouldn't be in the Mario Universe. Exchange them with Crystal Stars? Like from Paper Mario : the Thousand Year Door? Do you mean the collectable emeralds in Prision Break or the hidden chaos emeralds? The emerald hunt emeralds are probably going to be replaced with red coins once the rehall is done (yes, we have a SOC that uses 8 red coins).

I haven't gone far from the second emerald searching, but I still say improve.

Pepe said:
The first level just killed my attitude to play when you were FORCED to use the shield, and if you lost it when you weren't Sonic, you had to restart the level again. Once again fixed in newest beta Actually no, it's not. While the sheild is now in a box, you still need it. On the oher hand, everything else about it has been totally revamped, wich should off set it. :?
Prison Escape is too dark, add some Torches for ambient light in OpenGL. I'm pretty sure that BlueZero4 is doing a rehall of Prision Break. While yes, I am, nobody said it was going in SS64. ;D Torches are a good idea, though.

I have some good news for anyone who enjoys SS64 (or atleast plans to download the next public beta). Anyway, the public beta is really close to arival and it contains many fixes from beta 3, infact there have been two major private betas since beta 3. Here is a list of some stuff that will be in the next public beta:

Assorted Updates:
- New Bob-omb sprites, hand drawn on a piece of paper and then scaned by me, unfortunatly for the staff these were not featured in the private beta.
- Two kinds of Bob-ombs. The current one (with new sprites), that blows up after being jumped on, and the new one that will run at you preparing to explode.
- A more mario-ish styled Bowser Mobile SOC wise, sprite wise it's the same.
- Tails pic shows up on the one player screen :D.
- Some music has been added and Pillaris no longer has the annoying flying music.

Level Updates:
- GVZ has been totally updated. It is amazing, not to mention pretty open ended!
- PBZ has had some minor touch-ups, but the rehall is most likely going to be used.
- The current sand level was totally scraped and redone, now with many more things to do (go inside the actual pyramid and fight things, go to a pirate ship floating in the ocean, visit a currently unfinished castle surrounded by lava, etc).
- Pillaris has been about doubled in size.
- SVZ has been added.
- A new boss level has been added.
- A secret level has also been added, then again, it probably won't be a requirment to unlock it in this beta, it'll just be there.
- The new, redesigned Castle will might be added, note this is not for sure.

Character Updates:
- Super Sonic 64 now has new running frames and super frames.
- Super Tails 64 now has flight as his ability, although, it's been downsized a little.
- Super Knuckles 64 now has glide, no climb as his ability. He also has super frames.

You didn't yet. Let me know if there's any other sprites you need done. I'm going to work on the other jump angles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back