• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Cameraman

Status
Not open for further replies.

hotdog003

After about two days of testing, here's an evil little script that'll help you keep an eye on your opponent.

May I present: Cameraman version 1.3!!!

Here's how it works:

1. In the console, type EXEC CAM.TXT (or place in autoexec.cfg)
2. Whenever you are ready to use cameraman, just press the zero button. The action keys will remain dead untill you do this, and you should see a little message telling you that it's ready to go.
3. Use! The controlls are as follows:

Q: Move the camera toward the player
A: Move the camera away from the player
W: Move the camera up
S: Move the camera down
Camera rotate keys (O and P): Move the camera left and right
R: Reset the camera to its default settings so you can make a quick getaway or something...

This script is capable of moving the camera up to 9,000 fracunits away from the player and +/- 1,500 fracunits up or down. This should give good results for most maps (with the exception of the 1p stages and cloud palace, but both of these have workarounds if you choose a clever spot to look from)

This has numerous advantages in tag where you need to look for your opponents, or find out where 'IT' is, but I imagine that CTF would have some use as well. ("OHMYGAWSHTHEYRETAKINOURFLAGGETOURF***INFLAGBACKFROMTHEMFORGAWSHSAKES"- You know, that type of stuff.)

Enjoy!

I win? YIPPEE!!!
I'd like to thank my mom and my dad and my pet finch even though I don't have one and my dog and Shadowstar and...

Are there any bugs or anything that needs to be fixed besides all those #s?
Speaking of which, how are you supposed to use comments in scripts?

Sorry for the double post, but I made a variation of Cameraman.
Behold: REX.

Rex stands for Remote Explorer, and that's just what it's intended to do. Similar to Cameraman, this script has a lot more precision and a much, much larger range that allows it to do just what it was designed for: Emerald hunting and item excevation. Because it's so exact, it's a lot slower so probably isn't the thing to use for tag or something. The controls for this one are exactly the same, except E is the reset, not R.

COULDN'T EXECUTE FILE CAMMOD.TXT

That's strange... I could've sworn that I typed the path in correctly...
Does it allow spaces in the text box?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back