Resource icon

[Open Assets] Distinct jump modifier

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.

TehRealSalt

(σᴥσ)
Sonic Team Junior
Kart Krew™️
Modifies all character jump heights to make them more obvious and distinct.

• Sonic, Tails, Metal: Moderate boost. Jumps ~130 units. Can clear 2 GFZROCK tiles.
  • Knuckles: Unmodified. Jumps ~72 units. Can clear 1 GFZROCK tile.
  • Fang: Big boost. Jumps ~178 units. Can clear 2.5 GFZROCK tiles.
  • Amy: Massive boost. Jumps ~198 units. Can clear 3 GFZROCK tiles.

This is also automatically applied to custom characters -- everyone's new jumpfactor is: [old jumpfactor] + ([old jumpfactor] - 0.85).

The base game is fully playable, but everyone but Knuckles is obviously a bit overpowered. Intended to be used for custom levels, if higher or more distinct character jump heights, are desired.

Attachments

• l_jumpmod-v1.lua
    335 bytes · Views: 661
  • srb20385.gif
    srb20385.gif
    2.4 MB · Views: 437
I like this, but I'm not sure what to do with it.

One of my goals is that all my custom content be OLDC-compatible. When played in the OLDC with vanilla characters, the stage should still work. Designing for these increased jump heights is cool, but breaks the stage for the OLDC.

Secondly: Amy gets kindof ridiculous here when your Character Ability Rebalancing addon is loaded. One or two crawla bounces is enough to escape GFZ1. This combination puts Amy in a position that's maybe more like Spidey Knux, in that she's exploring the stage on a much larger vertical scale than most other characters. I'm almost of the opinion that this combination makes Amy noninteractive to stage geometry in the same way that Metal Sonic's default hover does, or Fang's bounce.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back