This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.

S0nic1983

Just a dude :D
Sonic1983 LevelPack
Welcome to my level pack!
There is a lot of new and fresh in this pack
There are a couple of zones in this pack
Flicky Island Zone
Normal beach level
srb20097.png
srb20172.gif
Electric Base Zone
srb20100.png
srb20101.png
The electrical base consists of many dangerous traps!
This is my very first pack
Music:
Flicky Island Act 1 - Flicker Island By Karl Brueggemann
Flicky Island Act 2 - Emerald Isle By Karl Brueggemann
Electric Base Act 1 - Sonic Blast Final Boss (Genesis Remix)
Electric Base Act 2 - Ristar Lock Up!! (Round 6-2)
Credits:
Logan McCloud: Sprites, Effects And rendered Models to Sprites
WellDoneSnake: WDS Pack
TheCrowBar: CheckeredZigZags HUD
TehRealSalt: GG Capsule
Cole207: Emerald Hunt Special Stages
MK.exe: BIG THANKS For Reusable Multiplayer Maps!
ChangeLog:
v1.0
Initial Release

V1.2
Added Electric Base Act 2
Added Electric Base Act 3
Added Flicky Island Act 3
Finished Flicky Island Act 2
Added new bosses!
Added Special Stages!
Added Special Stages in Sonic 3 Style
Thanks For Playing!

Supporters / Co-Authors:

Attachments

• VSL_Sonic1983_LevelPack_v1.zip
    7.9 MB · Views: 4,048
  • VSL_Sonic1983_LevelPack_v1.2.zip
    13.9 MB · Views: 7,725
Last edited by a moderator:
  • Cool!
Reactions: Web
Welcome to Releases! This is a good start, though I am concerned with the huge amount of rings placed in the levels, seemingly as decoration. That must be a Perfect Runner's nightmare.

I've played the game and I liked it. A lot actually! I liked all the references to modern sonic in the second zone. It left me wanting more. The two thing I have against it is The Motobug sounds and How easy it is to get lost in the first zone's act 1. The one thing that needs to be changed is the Motobug sounds because in groups It gets annoying. Other than that it's amazing!

I appreciate all the cool extra effects, like the new fonts and the prettier shields. I like it! A number of new enemies too, it's clear you put a lot of effort into this. It's unfortunate that what you released doesn't seem to have been playtested much - the game crashes if you pick up a Special Stage Token and finish the level, because there are no special stage maps. Those tokens just shouldn't be there at this time. I've also run into a Lua error in the last section of Electric Base, when I got attacked by one of those flying robots from Stardust Speedway.

Also like Zipper said, you might have too many rings around. I finished the first act of Flicky Island holding 818 rings!

Hey there! I noticed your pack has a pretty significant number of my sprites from my old md2 wad (including the shields, some effects, a render of my old motobug). I'm okay with this, but could you give me a credit somewhere? Thank you and good luck with your pack!

hey there! I noticed your pack has a pretty significant number of my sprites from my old md2 wad (including the shields, some effects, a render of my old motobug). I'm okay with this, but could you give me a credit somewhere? Thank you and good luck with your pack!

pog he is back after almost 2 years!

Yter SonicKid Gaming sent the link on a post of his, this looks interesting and I might make a video about this tomarrow, and upload it maybe next month

Okay- while I find everything else in this level pack as fine enough for the scope you're going for, I have one, massive, major complaint.

Electric Base's boss is not fun. It is not player-friendly. And god is it a visual pain.
First of all, do not use that pulsing floor type THAT much, in a room with that brightness. It's a huge pain on the eyes and I had to squint in order to bear through it.
Second, the texture you used for it is often used for damaging floors. This floor does NOT damage you, and I had no awareness of that. I spent about ten of my attempts thinking I had too little room to move, when I finally landed on the floor and realized it wasn't consistently hurting me.
Third; I did not understand why I was randomly being hurt on the pulsing floor until I realized what you were trying to go for, and with how the texture never changed, I never knew when he was going to shock the floor and simply jumped, hoping for the best.
Fourth; when the boss DID shock the floor, he often either launched a sphere of electricity at me, which was fine, or he sent out a circle of electricity at either floor level, or his height, which was an issue as you can only hurt the boss for a second or two after he attacks, meaning the best chance I have to hit him when he does the wave is either pray the circle of electricity comes out at floor level so I can jump over it, and hit him in one swoop, or stay far away and hope he doesn't do the shock-ball attack since I can't reach him, while also staying on the floor on a corner and having to rush to make it there with no visual indicator of when the electric floor stops being painful, while making it under the shock-wave if he's at jump-height, and THEN jumping.

This boss is so sporadic and it feels so unfinished compared to the first boss, and I think you need to rethink it's mechanics- conceptually it works, but the way you executed it is, not to discourage you, horrible and unfun from what I played. It not only needs better consistancy, but better visual identification for attacks and danger is a must, as well as making the entire floor not repeatedly blast me with a rave party where the sun's the rave-lights.

uh... we have a problem

Attachments

• srb20387.png
    srb20387.png
    107.8 KB · Views: 620
  • srb20388.png
    srb20388.png
    84.3 KB · Views: 379
Nice try for the first time, but

- Too low ceilings
- Too many rings
- Too difficult second boss. It's not very clear when the floor does damage.

Hey all, My level pack will be updated soon, there will be a lot of fixes and much more! Thank you to everyone who found all the errors, flaws, and so on!

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back