[Open Assets] Light-dash

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Badnik

Local stage hazard
This is exactly what you'd expect: a version of the lightdash that can be used in SRB2. If you press custom button 1 near rings, the character will dash towards them; if there's a line of rings, it'll dash along the line. Vertical lines of rings can be used to launch yourself into the air.

Do note: using this on a single ring instead of a group of them might cause unexpected results, I'm afraid I can't fix that.

Attachments

• hyperlightderp.gif
    hyperlightderp.gif
    4.1 MB · Views: 1,893
  • LightDashAbility.zip
    1 KB · Views: 2,214
Last edited:
After slight messing around with this, it seems you can hold Lua Custom Action 1 down and run near rings, and that makes Sonic lightdash. Not only that, but you need to hold it down to zoom along a line of rings. I don't know whether those things are intentional.

Edit: After more messing around, there seems to be some directional bugs (lightdashing doesn't rotate the player to face the rings), as well as if one is (un)lucky with a lightning shield, one can get stuck at the top of the map trying to catch a ring that's trying to catch oneself. I could stay up there a half minute, but then I decided "nah", and let go of the custom action button, after which I fell down again, while the ring caught me.
I don't know if the lightning shield bug can even be fixed (in any way other than making a check for if one has done a lightdash for +5 seconds in a row, and then cancelling it), but note that it doesn't always happen. It has only happened to me once, after which I tried many (5-10) times to do it again, each failing.

Last edited:
It appears that collecting all of the rings in MAP03 allows for Eggman to become a target for the light dash, as can be seen here.

srb20013.gif

Finally, we got the lightdash back from 1.09.4
Can you move this to action 3 and maybe add a version that doesn't use sprites when lightdashing ? Other than that, it only needs some bugfixes, like the lightning shield or the turning.

Quick update! This fixes the hilarious bugs involving bosses (sorry HellHawkX) and makes the ability incompatible with attraction shields.

Quick update! This fixes the hilarious bugs involving bosses (sorry HellHawkX) and makes the ability incompatible with attraction shields.

Fixes bug with bosses? Incompatible with attraction shields? kthnxbai, staying with old version :P

Incompatible with attraction shields? I'd much rather just go try help you making it so one has to press the custom action button near a long line of rings, and then even letting go will make one still zoom along it, making holding it then running towards rings not work, good thing, and making it so one can only dash for 5 seconds, after which it will stop, with a delay for a second before it can be used again, making it compatible with attraction shields, good thing. (I won't start unless you want me to, though.)
And also note that the "fly up in the air with a ring with attraction shield" only has happened to me once, even though I tried duplicating the bug afterwards.

*looks at thread* Huh, the Light Dash is back from 1.0X! Cooooooool. I'd like to see that being used in a mod. Or a character.

I never got to try Light Dashing out, so I bet this will be as one as heck!

Updated again! Thanks to sryder13, you no longer need to hold the button to go through a trail of rings.

Oh my god this is great.

dsz2%20lua%20dash%20win.gif

%5Blua%5D%20gfz1%20super%20thok.gif

DSZ lefty path is so easy with the Lightdash...
And that ring-spring is so Overpowered if Overused with the Lightdash.

"Lightdash, breaking SRB2 gameplaying moments from unforgettable times."

i have a question so what if the wad you're putting this on has it's super frames turned another color besides green?

A few of my next maps will have some paths that require light dash to pass. This amazing Lua script is amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back