Sonic Boom: A new Sonic cartoon series, coming Fall 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
BVk73AgIQAACEKr.jpg

SEGA Blogs said:
Sonic the Hedgehog, the iconic video game character who has brought his trademark speed and attitude to four TV series and more than 70 video games, is returning to television in his first-ever CG animated series in the fall 2014. The action packed comedy series aimed at children 6-11 will debut first on Cartoon Network in the U.S. and on CANAL J and GULLI in France, with a global rollout to follow. The initial order of 52 eleven-minute episodes is co-produced by SEGA of America Inc. and Genao Productions.

Sonic Boom is a character-driven comedy that leaves a trail of robot wreckage in its smoldering wake. The series centers on Sonic, his best friend and sidekick, Tails, their never-ending search for adventure, and their battles with Sonic’s arch-nemesis, Dr. Eggman. Rounding out the ensemble are fan favorites Knuckles and Amy Rose, plus a rogue’s gallery of enemies—some familiar to Sonic fans and some brand-new.

Read more here.

Why does Knuckles have fingers and why is he so freakishly huge? That's the only problem I have so far.

Why does Knuckles have fingers and why is he so freakishly huge? That's the only problem I have so far.

Thank you I thought I was the only one that was thinking that. Knuckles is so huge for no reason and so tall but I can't say that cause it's just a pictures of shadow's and Tails and Amy look fine while Sonic hair and knuckles fist make everything weird but its more realistic. Also It's about time they had a new show for Sonic. The last thing I remember was watching Sonic X. It's about time Sega and Cartoon Network had another show. I just hope it won't be one of though's other corny T.V shows kind of thing. But based of everything I think it look's ok for now execpt for knuckles, but I just wanna see some kind of trailer. I guess we just have to wait and see. The shadow's are a little exaggerated if you ask me.

Last edited:
JEESUS! Are they really going to look like that or is that a trick to fool us? PLEASE be the latter...

"OH NO!!!!! CHANGE!!!!" is all I see going on in this thread.

Like, come on, get over it. Change happens (not to mention it's only happening for this show).

TBH, I love knuckles' new design. I think it really fits his character; A brainless mass of muscle.

Only thing I don't like or get is Sonic's design. Other then that, this show caught my interest. Can't wait to see more updates regarding this show.

Interesting.

I'll keep an eye on this, just to see what happens.

Nothin' bad is gonna happen, is it? Possibly.

Also: these may be new characters idk.

I actually like the new character shapes/sizes. To be honest, most sonic characters look like lame rehashes of the same basic template. They're making them all very distinct and original-looking this time around, IMO. Especially knuckles.

I got what I wanted for the first time in 3 months

yay

Though honestly I'm glad of both a new show and the redesign. Only thing left to hope is that they get a decent plot out of it.

Immediately after looking at this thread, I searched for more information about Sonic Boom but I could not find anything. However I found something on DeviantArt that I was kinda interested in. It's a drawing on what Sonic and company might look like in the show. I think it's pretty accurate. Then again, we don't even know what they look like except for some silhouettes.

Anyways here's the link to the picture:
Also, I'm not a fan of Knuckles' design for both the TV and the drawing. He just looks...awkward to me...

Speaking as a game purist, I kind of find it funny that the silhouette we believe is Knuckles is so bulky when one of his defining characteristics is his ability to guide. Hell, Knuckles's gameplay has always centered upon him having an unusually large amount of mobility, so it's kind of jarring that he's now apparently slow muscle. I kind of wish they used another character, like Big or even Mighty, for that purpose.

But I doubt if anybody in the show's target audience really cares, as Knuckles, and especially his ability to glide, has been irrelevant and practically unknown for years now.

larztard said:
Also, I'm not a fan of Knuckles' design for both the TV and the drawing. He just looks...awkward to me...

"S- Sonic... I think something's wrong... I can't turn my head..."

Last edited:
Change can be a bad thing; to be honest it seems to be the case here.

That would be true if the show was already airing, which it isn't yet. If the change was bad, it'd be obvious, but this is simply people complaining about how something was changed, not considering it could be good.

It's not as if the idea of giving the characters of this franchise actual unique diversity is far off and completely unforgivable, I'd love that since most main characters in Sonic are just cardboard cutouts of each-other with no big difference that aren't characters like Big or Vector..

But if you're going to change one character, you need to also change other characters, because if you just use the same style for everyone else OF COURSE unique looks will be completely unnatural because the original style almost never has anything unique to differentiate it's characters without having to resort to tacky hairstyles, clothing, and eye design exclusively.

Knuckles looks so out of place because of this, and it's making the other characters something that we already envision in our minds, but Knuckles throws it off since he's the only guy doing something different, he doesn't really belong even though the change of pace would be welcome otherwise.

That's like having a show with flat squares and one character is a 3D sphere.

Last edited:
That would be true if the show was already airing, which it isn't yet. If the change was bad, it'd be obvious, but this is simply people complaining about how something was changed, not considering it could be good.
I will give the show a chance, however there are already hints in that picture alone, not to mention certain leaked info on the show, about how it's going to end up. For example the jungle theme + sonic's spikier,more animalistic hair is giving me a serious "Tak and the power of juju" vibe. Knuckles' "o wise one" look isn't helping either, and Tails' "Bob the Builder" presense is probably going to be more disappointing than Tails' demotion to "that tech guy" in the games, and is that Amy naked...? Again, I'll give it a chance, but considering it's for kids, it's probably going to be as cliche as it seems.

Some how I had a feeling they were gonna name it sonic boom... By the telling of the shadows, tails, sonic, and amy are gonna be in it... but what the heck is in between sonic and amy???? It looks like knuckles but it looks like humongasaur from ben10 fused with knuckles.

This is a little series , not all the characters are full, where's knuckles and who would be the highest character in the image?.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back