Tyonic

Intriguing Choices
attachment.php

This is more so a side project from my main two kart mods and something i've had recent fun in doing so.

Community Models + is a model expansion pack that aims to give support to various Community made kart characters mdl support over time.
it is not expected every character will get a model (that's a death wish i don't think anyone would be willing to go through)
Current progress is looking at characters i see frequently and use them in common servers.
attachment.php

As of 10-08-2020, I've created two new models: one for a friend's upcoming character and the other being motorsport amy from strife's character pack.
Also huge thank you to tiniest turtles for contributing in this update.
that being the new arle and espibee models within the selection.
As always, do expect this to update in due time, models take quite awhile to construct, sometimes faster than kart characters depending on their complexity.

With this following update, it is recommended to replace all the models with this new version, you don't have to edit mdls.dat aside from adding in the new models

We also now have an alternative spb model thanks to tiniest turtles, check the instructions section for more details (a new folder named ESPB has been made to accommodate this)

attachment.php

Support
V2 additions:
Strife's Character Pack: MotorSport Amy

Bonuschars: Arle

Dood's characters: Espibee (+ alternative spb md3)

RubberRuff's characters: RubberRuff

V1 additions:

Chrispy's character pack: ecco

Zchars: Rokko Chan, luluco

Sjbcp character pack: Velocity, Marina, The Noid

Aosth character pack: Dic Sonic, Dic Tails, Dic Robotnik

Fabulous ninji's character pack: Bubblun

Installation
Instructions:
What you need to do in order to install these is to right click and edit the mdls.dat file in notepad or any text program
in there, scroll all the way to the bottom and make space for these lines:

ecco COMM/ECCO.md3 3.0 0.0
rokko COMM/KS_ROKKO-CHAN.md3 3.0 0.0
luluco COMM/LLCO.md3 3.0 0.0
noid COMM/DP_NOID.md3 3.0 0.0
velocity COMM/GDQ_VELOCITY.md3 3.0 0.0
marinaliteyears COMM/MM_CYBOT-G.md3 3.0 0.0
bubblun COMM/BAM_BUBBLUN.md3 3.0 0.0
dicsonic COMM/DIC_SONIC.md3 3.0 0.0
toontails COMM/DIC_TAILS.md3 3.0 0.0
aosthrobotnik COMM/AOSTH_ROBOTNIK.md3 3.0 0.0
rubberruff COMM/RubberRuff.md3 3.0 0.0
Bikeamy COMM/Bikeamy.md3 3.0 0.0
ESPIBEE COMM/ESPB.md3 3.0 0.0
EPBB COMM/EPBB.md3 3.0 0.0

This one is for replacing the current bonus chars model, but if you happen to be running a different version of arle, simply search the skinname for the character and replace "ARLE" in this channe
ARLE COMM/TKARLE.md3 3.0 0.0

The very bottom one is for the alternative spb

SPBM ESPB/ESPB.md3 3.0 0.0

Once you've pasted that in the free space you've made, save and open the open-gl.bat file and turn on 3dmodels within the video settings. you'll now witness the supported characters in their 3 dimensional form.

(For the alternative spb, please look for the line "SPBM" in mdls.dat then replace it with the line pasted in the. this procedure also shares with the new arle model with now looking for the name "ARLE")

Other models:
Do feel free to check the other mdl's i made in rift pack (excluding alex, cdi link, and cardboard eggman. i can't thank the respective authors enough: Tiniest Turtles for alex, and Prufstudent for cdi link and cardboard eggman for providing/contributing those models)
https://mb.srb2.org/showthread.php?t=45005

Special Thanks:
Once again, major thanks to Prufstudent for supplying the following models:

Rokko Chan, luluco, Velocity, Marina, The Noid, Dic Sonic, Dic Tails, Dic Robotnik, Bubblun
And now with v2 of community models + huge thanks also to tiniest turtles for supplying the following models
Arle and Espibee (+ alternative spb model)

Supporters / Co-Authors:

Attachments

• Community models e.png
    Community models e.png
    178.5 KB · Views: 24,561
  • kart0534.gif
    4.3 MB · Views: 22,252
  • Community Models + [V2].rar
    1.3 MB · Views: 996
  • Community models showcase 3.jpg
    Community models showcase 3.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 32,589
Last edited by a moderator:
Surprisingly i was hoping to update this in about two weeks but we got a major model update tonight!
Special thanks from Prufstudent for providing all the models he worked on for kart for this thread
see the special thanks for details on what he contributed.

As of now the model pack now has a total of 10 models with more on the way.

Last edited:
So I just downloaded these and I love how I guess "animated" these are. (or at least the AOSTH crew is cause that's all I've tested)

Ah geez! That Bubblun model is like a billion times better than the one I was working on, haha. Velocity really just throws N64 vibes at me too, love them

Weird... Bubblun doesn't seem to work, I just downloaded the mod and did everything right...
(unzipped the folder in "mdls" and copy-paste the text in the mdls.dat)

Been quite awhile but a new update for community models + has arrived
This time, tiniest turtles approached me to include two new models for the pack.
Espibee and a new version of Arle.

On my end i've created two models
Motorsport amy from strife pack and a friend's character soon to be released on the mb.

Remember to drag and drop these two folders into the mdls folder while replace the old comm folder with the new one

V2 additions:
Strife's Character Pack: MotorSport Amy

Bonuschars: Arle

Dood's characters: Espibee (+ alternative spb md3)

RubberRuff's characters: RubberRuff

can u add my character to your community characters mod pls, u dont have to but just asking

In this pack I found assists for a 3D model of Porygon2, is there any character mod I can use it with?

Attachments

• Porygon2.png
    Porygon2.png
    17.3 KB · Views: 66
  • Porygon2_blend.png
    Porygon2_blend.png
    3.8 KB · Views: 70
EVEN IN 3D, I'M STILL HERE.
Post automatically merged:

Ah geez! That Bubblun model is like a billion times better than the one I was working on, haha. Velocity really just throws N64 vibes at me too, love them
I'M BUBBLUN, AND THE SUPERIOR DRAGON!

Last edited:

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back