what do you think about coming official sonic games ?

Nitro Turbo

A sonic fan guy !
hey all ! it's sonic 30th anniversary so SEGA may , no , must release new games
and there are many rumors about :
-sonic adventure 3
-sonic forces 2
-sonic rift (2021 or 2022)
-sonic 3D all stars (like mario but not comfirmed)
-it can be remake for old games !
so anyone heard about new other games that i don't put them here ?
or anyone have more ideas ?
what do you think about new coming games anyway ?

Last edited:
1. Sonic adventure 3 (HA! i doubt that happening...)
2. Sonic Forces 2 (Probably... but i hope they do this correctly, and not like the first game)
3. Sonic Rift(?) (what, if you meant "Drift", well... would be cool i guess)
4. Sonic 3D All Stars (we have the sonic collection, maybe the same thing but with 3D games)

1. Sonic adventure 3 (HA! i doubt that happening...)
2. Sonic Forces 2 (Probably... but i hope they do this correctly, and not like the first game)
3. Sonic Rift(?) (what, if you meant "Drift", well... would be cool i guess)
4. Sonic 3D All Stars (we have the sonic collection, maybe the same thing but with 3D games)

i agree with you about sonic forces
i heared about sonic rift from 2019 and i think it mean to release in 2022
sonic 3D all stars at the moment by the fans only but who know ?!

---------- Post added at 12:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:45 PM ----------

I've heard of a Sonic Adventure remake.

yeah i think they will do some remakes too for old games
SONIC06 MUST BE ONE OF THOSE GAMES :V

I feel like the most likely route they are going to take is to come out with a new boost game. Not titled Forces 2 as that would be bad for marketing, but still taking place after Forces on the timeline. I think it's quite likely that Modern Sonic and the player created avatar will both be playable again, and Infinite will probably return to have his story finished in some form so they can move on from him.

If they make an Adventure remake, it will likely count as a secondary title in their lineup this year, and won't be the big anniversary game.

Adventure 3 could hypothetically be a thing, if they did go that route it would probably be the big anniversary title for the year, though I think it's more likely if they did revisit the Adventure formula outside of a remake, they would either give it a totally different title (Similar to how Sonic 06 used the Adventure formula but was just titled "Sonic the Hedgehog") or they would slap it on the Avatar gameplay in the new Boost game, with Modern Sonic continuing to use boost. Personally, I feel like making the Avatar play like in the Adventure games would be the smartest move possible, because it would be familiar and nostalgic, yet still different from Modern Sonic's gameplay and level design, and wouldn't require doing another crossover in which there's two or more Sonic's in one game.

Every years people are talking about rumors about Sonic Adventure 3... it's almost like a running gag like Half-Life 3.

Let's be honest there: it's probably too late from Sega to make an actual 3rd Adventure game as the gameplay style has been abandoned and that Sonic 2006 (or Heroes if you're optimistic) has been this game without the name.

People are really desperate for a Sonic Adventure 3...
Why they can't just accept it won't happen? like, we already have sonic 2006 or sonic heroes, those are enough.

I think they might play it safe and just remake some thing from the past, Sonic Adventure 1 comes to mind as being a potential candidate.

However i would love to see something brand new

1. Sonic Adventure 3 (¡JA! Dudo que eso suceda ...)
:blink:
Dreaming is free:blink:

I think they might play it safe and just remake some thing from the past, Sonic Adventure 1 comes to mind as being a potential candidate.

However i would love to see something brand new
It would be interesting to see Sonic Adventure without bugs and with perfected mechanics.The original game was pretty good already. Besides that SEGA would surely realize the potential that games have like this if they are executed well. :wonderful:

I feel like the most likely route they are going to take is to come out with a new boost game. Not titled Forces 2 as that would be bad for marketing, but still taking place after Forces on the timeline. I think it's quite likely that Modern Sonic and the player created avatar will both be playable again, and Infinite will probably return to have his story finished in some form so they can move on from him.

If they make an Adventure remake, it will likely count as a secondary title in their lineup this year, and won't be the big anniversary game.

Adventure 3 could hypothetically be a thing, if they did go that route it would probably be the big anniversary title for the year, though I think it's more likely if they did revisit the Adventure formula outside of a remake, they would either give it a totally different title (Similar to how Sonic 06 used the Adventure formula but was just titled "Sonic the Hedgehog") or they would slap it on the Avatar gameplay in the new Boost game, with Modern Sonic continuing to use boost. Personally, I feel like making the Avatar play like in the Adventure games would be the smartest move possible, because it would be familiar and nostalgic, yet still different from Modern Sonic's gameplay and level design, and wouldn't require doing another crossover in which there's two or more Sonic's in one game.
I agree with you about Forces 2 but they must remove tails as a coward + add tails , knuckles and others as playable characters + adding the must emerald and angel Island because the fantom ruby can weak the master emerald's powers ! So let's do this in the game !

Even though it's probably not gonna happen, SA3 is my wildest dream. I really doubt Sega will ever make it, the hype is so big they won't dare to risk it and in the end make another 06. However, I'd love to see a Sonic Mania 2, and I still have hope that a Mania 2 will come. If none of those dreams ever come true, I'd also love to see a Sonic Classic Series, like Sonic Mania Adventures

Isn’t Heroes technically Sonic Adventure 3? If not then 06?
Forces 2 would just be Generations 3. Don’t want more Classic Sonic in modern games. He was a nice gimmick in Generations, but he’s just there in Forces.
Sonic Rift is a fan comic. Don’t think it’s happening.
Sonic 3D All Stars would be nice, but what games would be in? Adventure, Adventure 2, and Heroes? There’s already been technically free Adventure and Adventure 2 ports on the PS4. A Heroes port would be nice, but even then, Heroes is on Steam, with the Adventure games. I don’t know what other 3 games could work. Unleashed, Generations, and Colors? Unleashed and Generations are also technically free ports on the PS4. A Sonic 3D All Stars couldn’t really work . Most of the plausible games have been ported to modern platforms already.

Forces 2 would just be Generations 3
I've never really been a fan of this sort of logic. Super Mario Sunshine isn't Super Mario 64 2, it's Super Mario Sunshine. Super Mario Galaxy isn't Super Mario 64 3, it's Super Mario Galaxy. The same applies to Sonic. Sonic Colors DS plays similar to Rush, as does Generations 3DS. The console versions of these games play similar to Unleashed. Sonic Colors can't be both Sonic Rush 3 and Sonic Unleashed 2. Generations can't be both Sonic Rush 4 and Unleashed 3.

It can also result in other kinds of conflictions. Many fans had already accepted Sonic Advance as "Sonic 4" before Sonic 4 came out. After Sonic 4 came out, many fans still opted to call Sonic Advance "The true Sonic 4" in rejection of Sonic 4, and then did the same thing again when Mania came out, also calling it "The true Sonic 4".

If a numbered title doesn't exist, another game doesn't fill that slot. There is no Adventure 3, no Rush 3, no Unleashed 2, no Generations 2, etc. There is only one Sonic 4 (Technically two if you consider it's separated into two episodes, but they make up one whole title together). Trying to call other games numbered sequels when they aren't just complicates things.

On the topic of Forces 2, there's no necessity for Classic Sonic to return. While I think it would be a dumb move for them to title a new game "Forces 2", even if they did they could still just have Modern Sonic and the Avatar as playables. Classic Sonic was never a defining feature of Forces to begin with.

I wouldn't say Heroes is SA3, the gameplay is pretty different and the story isn't nearly as complex as the SA series (not that Sonic Adventure has a complex story, but it's more than usual). But yeah, 06 is the closest of a SA3, but I want Sega to erase 06 from existence, so SA3 is still something to dream about.

I've never really been a fan of this sort of logic. Super Mario Sunshine isn't Super Mario 64 2, it's Super Mario Sunshine. Super Mario Galaxy isn't Super Mario 64 3, it's Super Mario Galaxy. The same applies to Sonic. Sonic Colors DS plays similar to Rush, as does Generations 3DS. The console versions of these games play similar to Unleashed. Sonic Colors can't be both Sonic Rush 3 and Sonic Unleashed 2. Generations can't be both Sonic Rush 4 and Unleashed 3.

If a numbered title doesn't exist, another game doesn't fill that slot. There is no Adventure 3, no Rush 3, no Unleashed 2, no Generations 2, etc. There is only one Sonic 4 (Technically two if you consider it's separated into two episodes, but they make up one whole title together). Trying to call other games numbered sequels when they aren't just complicates things.
I do agree that Sunshine isn’t 64 2. The two games have different stories, gameplay, etc. There is no Sonic Adventure 3, or a Sonic Generations 2. I said that Heroes and 06 could be considered an Adventure 3, since some people consider Heroes the end of the Dreamcast era, and 06 being more like the Adventure games. Forces felt like a sequel to Generations. Classic Sonic’s a gimmick again, the boost still remains, and more.

People are really desperate for a Sonic Adventure 3...
Why they can't just accept it won't happen? like, we already have sonic 2006 or sonic heroes, those are enough.
Exactly, it makes people sound entitled and nothing more than beggars...

This isn't a Mario thread but Sunshine's codename was Mario 128 (like the Tech Demo). I still wish we'll get a "Super Mario 65" someday as 64 is still one of the best game in the franchise.

PS: Also Colors DS is basically Rush 3, it's too late to expect an entirely original handheld Sonic game...

PPS: Forces is both Generations 2 and Lost World 2 (as the engine is derivated from LW)

This isn't a Mario thread but Sunshine's codename was Mario 128 (like the Tech Demo). I still wish we'll get a "Super Mario 65" someday as 64 is still one of the best game in the franchise.

PS: Also Colors DS is basically Rush 3, it's too late to expect an entirely original handheld Sonic game...

PPS: Forces is both Generations 2 and Lost World 2 (as the engine is derivated from LW)
I was using Mario as a comparison to make my point, similar to how I will briefly use a couple other franchises later in this post.

Colors DS is not Rush 3. It's Colors, but on the DS. A numbered sequel has more implications than just gameplay formula. "Rush 3" implies an adventure between Sonic and Blaze to save their worlds from Eggman and Eggman Nega. This does not happen in Sonic Colors. "Rush 3" does not exist, and probably never will. Just because it doesn't exist doesn't magically turn another game in the franchise into it. The same applies to any other nonexistent numbered sequel.

Forces is not Generations 2, it's Forces. "Generations 2" implies Sonic and Classic Sonic traveling through time together to stop Eggman's latest plot. Between the two of them only Classic Sonic time travels in Forces and even then you could erase him entirely from the plot and change nothing. Forces is just a new game in the boost formula that they decided to bring Classic back in as a cash grab. Nothing more, nothing less.

Running on the same horrid logic that a new game running in the same game engine was all it took to qualify a game as a direct numbered sequel, the Devil May Cry games would all be Resident Evil sequels, and Sonic 4 would be a Sonic Rush series sequel. What engine the game is running on has absolutely nothing to do with anything.

well to be honest i really didn't think that people will back to that thread that i hosted it back to january and even when the MB was on Vbulltein before they moved it to Xenforo !
Now we hered a new sonic news ! sonic prime is during development and sonic team is focusing on it now for the next sonic game ! as it described
"high octane adventure" following Sonic and his race to save a "strange new multiverse" so we gonna have a multi-verse show + new game
NOTE: i didn't know excatly if sonic team will make a game but i heard from a channel named sonic central

I was using Mario as a comparison to make my point, similar to how I will briefly use a couple other franchises later in this post.

Colors DS is not Rush 3. It's Colors, but on the DS. A numbered sequel has more implications than just gameplay formula. "Rush 3" implies an adventure between Sonic and Blaze to save their worlds from Eggman and Eggman Nega. This does not happen in Sonic Colors. "Rush 3" does not exist, and probably never will. Just because it doesn't exist doesn't magically turn another game in the franchise into it. The same applies to any other nonexistent numbered sequel.

Forces is not Generations 2, it's Forces. "Generations 2" implies Sonic and Classic Sonic traveling through time together to stop Eggman's latest plot. Between the two of them only Classic Sonic time travels in Forces and even then you could erase him entirely from the plot and change nothing. Forces is just a new game in the boost formula that they decided to bring Classic back in as a cash grab. Nothing more, nothing less.

Running on the same horrid logic that a new game running in the same game engine was all it took to qualify a game as a direct numbered sequel, the Devil May Cry games would all be Resident Evil sequels, and Sonic 4 would be a Sonic Rush series sequel. What engine the game is running on has absolutely nothing to do with anything.
I think I may have upset you for telling it but let's face the truth, Colors DS is Rush 3 without Blaze nor the trick system and Sonic 2006 is Adventure 3 because of how many elements it shared with SA1 and SA2.

Even people outside of the Sonic fanbase are agreeing upon it.

PS: Forces is literally Generations 2 as it brought back Classic Sonic and was an anniversary game (the Avatar is just added).

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back