Sonic Forces, Lost world, or 06?

RIP Eggman

Well, Eggman is different because he’s been in the series since day one and is the main villain. While yes, Eggman is technically human (sourced by Sonic Adventure 1 and 2, Shadow the Hedgehog, Sonic X, etc.), his involvement with the Hedgehog goes beyond what is a gimmick character like most humans in the franchise. (Chris, Elise, etc)

Lost World. Parkour is fun and there's a lot of variety level design-wise, it was a nice break from the Boost formula, even if it wasn't perfect, Spindash was so fun to abuse, and combined with the parkour mechanics it made levels very fun to speedrun.

RIP Eggman
No, Robotnik is not a "normal human", he's supposed to be an egg-shaped scientist who happens to have Sonic.

He's supposed to be a goofy villain like Bowser (but not as goofy as Sega wrote him in Colors and Lost World).

Actually Nintendo made Bowser more sympathetic than before while Sega flanderized Robotnik...

Sonic Forces is the best out of the 3. Sonic Lost World is in the middle because of awful controls on the 3DS Port. And Sonic 06 is last because 06 + 60 = 66 + 600 = 666.

Sonic Forces is the best out of the 3. Sonic Lost World is in the middle because of awful controls on the 3DS Port. And Sonic 06 is last because 06 + 60 = 66 + 600 = 666.

Wait, so are you basing your main opinion of Sonic Lost World on the 3DS Port? I mean, it’s completely your opinion so it shouldn’t be of my inquiry to ask for justification, but I’m just curious.

Brutal poor Eggman doesn't get the love he deserves, and Yeah Bowser is much more relatable as a villain.
I would say that Sega tried to write Robotnik as a goofy Saturday Morning villain but the thing is that the Robotnik from the game isn't the same as the one from AotStH nor Boom.

As for Nintendo I would still say that they're mishandling some of their iconic villains like shoehorning Ganon in almost every Zelda game (even when not necessary/needed) or how they cannot make a new Starfox without Andross.

Sonic Forces is not a bad game, and the only thing dragging it from "pretty good" to "decent/passable" is the classic sonic stages, which yes are atrocious. Boost sonic is done serviceably (if not quite up to the Unleashed/Generations standard) and the avatar stages are a legitimately fun evolution that takes the wisp concept and turns it into some interesting mechanics

06 has the funny haha glitches to mess with but otherwise is just kind of disappointing. It's bad in the subtle ways that make it unfun, but not bad in the egregious ways that turn something into a camp classic, unlike what everyone thinks it's like from watching youtubers joke on it

Both versions of Lost World have a problem where the movement feels kind of stilted, especially when parkour gets involved, and it ends up feeling too manual without having the fun depth of many other sonic games' control schemes (and yes I'm counting 3D sonic here). I didn't really play either past the first couple of levels so I dunno if it gets more interesting later on

Forces is absolutely the most enjoyable out of the three, people just like to dunk on it because it came out right after Mania

Sonic Forces is not a bad game, and the only thing dragging it from "pretty good" to "decent/passable" is the classic sonic stages, which yes are atrocious. Boost sonic is done serviceably (if not quite up to the Unleashed/Generations standard) and the avatar stages are a legitimately fun evolution that takes the wisp concept and turns it into some interesting mechanics

06 has the funny haha glitches to mess with but otherwise is just kind of disappointing. It's bad in the subtle ways that make it unfun, but not bad in the egregious ways that turn something into a camp classic, unlike what everyone thinks it's like from watching youtubers joke on it

Both versions of Lost World have a problem where the movement feels kind of stilted, especially when parkour gets involved, and it ends up feeling too manual without having the fun depth of many other sonic games' control schemes (and yes I'm counting 3D sonic here). I didn't really play either past the first couple of levels so I dunno if it gets more interesting later on

Forces is absolutely the most enjoyable out of the three, people just like to dunk on it because it came out right after Mania

I think Forces sucks, because all the level are really short. Classic sonic needs to leave 3d Sonic and never come back, because the more classic sonic and avatar levels we get the less Sonic levels we get and there shorter too.

06 is bad so bad sometimes it's good. Lost world had potential, but it fell on it's face.

I am sorry but Forces has no excuse to be released in this state when Mania and Generation existed already...

i would say 06
sure people say bad things about it but atleast some of the cutscenes are decent

oh and by "some cutscenes" i mean the good quality ones

Huh...tough question but I think I will go with 06 not because of the base game being good because the game is far from it, the reason why I say 06 is because there are lots of mods and it has a moderately big modding community because the game has been around ever since 2006 while with lost world and forces they have a smaller community and it's a lot harder to mod them.

3 flawed games,1 choice...
I'll have to say lost world,lost world may suck at story but atleast it isn't buggy or bland like forces and 06,so yeah i'll choose and i also had a lot more fun with lost world (don't judge me for enjoying lost world)

Myself, I would pick Forces since it's basically just the public release of Hedgehog Engine 2 disguised as a game.

I'm surprised to see that thread being alive. I could say that 2006 at least tried to make an effort being something but to be honest I'd rather have a bland game that works than a buggy one that tried too much to be great.

But I'd choose Lost World if mods were taken into account because the parkour mechanic works greatly with open levels.

Out of the three, I like Lost World the best when not talking about the 3DS version. I've had a lot of fun with it, while 06 is just frustrating and Forces is just boring.

Hard choice and i never played them, but well... I think that everybody would agree that Sonic Forces is not a good game
what is wrong with sonic forces? its a good game.

Oh... Well, i think that Sonic Forces is bad because
we have joker sonic, a pretty bad history that would have go better, the not implementation of Shadow or Chaos as Bosses, level design, some wispons that can be bad at use *cof *cof Cube *cof *cof, Classic Sonic is very irrelevant to the war and feels like forced (get it? Forced? Sonic Forces?)
And those things puts us beetween Lost world or 06, 06 has a good history, and Lost world has some pretty neat gameplay, but i think that history that can tell a game it's beautiful and i think my choice it's 06.

Yes, i know the game is broken but think about it without the bugs.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back