Suggestions

Dunno if this was suggested already but...

Add more details about servers or the very least, a query feature on servers for the in-game MS like the web version has. This would be REALLY useful if you want to see if you're missing any mods or you're looking for that one server your friend mentioned he was on, but wasn't very specific where.

What about Chao Gardens? I know that SRB2 is supposed to be with classic sonic, but SRB2 could "conically" be before the Adventure Era. If not official, maybe it could be an ambitious mod.

Sonic and Knuckles as a Combo and maybe Tails and Sonic. Also maybe if it's not too much work a 2 run cycle for Sonic. I think the spin should have an option to manually rev it.

1. The camera should lock onto bosses. The final boss is a pain to fight because half the time you don't know where he even is.
(Note: Metal and Fang should be left alone. Not knowing where they are is half the fun.)

There is a lock-on, but I don't blame you for not finding it and it could be better. Go to player 1 controls, check camera options and scroll down to the bottom. Biggest problem with it is that it can't lock on to things when they're invincible, so hitting bosses breaks your lock.

Would definitely suggest that in Simple Mode, camera is locked to bosses at the default. Or at the very least, pressing the lock-on keeps it on the boss until you undo it.

Versions of currently existing Wall Scrolling linedef actions that can use linedef tags so the textures can be properly aligned again, and so we don't have to worry about "physical space" when using the current actions that are tag compatible.

Last edited:
Third Person Reticule Option

One thing that'd be cool, is the option for turning on the reticule in 3rd person mode, to make it a bit easier to aim certain custom abilities and stuff like the fire flower.

Last edited:
2. When using Tails's flight, the camera should automatically pan towards the ground, like in Sonic Jam. It's a bit difficult to see where you're landing when you're cheesing through the levels.

3. When Knuckles glides, the camera should pan down at a 45 degree angle. This is for the same reason as Tails's camera, though you should still be able to see the wall ahead.
I don't really like these suggestions. I feel that camera would make it hard to judge your reach in relation to platforms and walls in front of you. It would also make it harder to deal with things like flying enemies.

During Stealth's recent stream he showed off some unseen things in Megamix, one of them being optional challenge levels with "ghosted" rings and shields. In these levels, rings and shields are transparent. You can collect and interact with them, but they will not protect you. You still die in one hit, with no checkpoints.

This I feel is a great alternative for Ultimate Mode. Instead of ridding rings and shields, make them "ghosted". While the vanilla cast of characters don't do much ring interaction, there are custom characters that do. So you would still be able to light speed dash or spend them on whatever abilities that require them, plus use the shield abilities, but you would still die in one hit regardless.

This is something of a much lesser priority and it might even be planned already but eventually I would like to see the entire game get a sound effects overhaul; footstep sounds for most of the main cast, hovering sounds for Metal. New original sounds for busting badniks, jumping, collecting rings, etc. I do think everything should remain overall classic sonic styled but it would just be really cool for everything to have new, original sound clips in that type of sound aesthetic.

TLDR; Inconsistent spacing of rows on different tally screens, when using custom number font. Can this be fixed?

I realise that this is such a niche issue, but I figured I may as well flag it here instead of making a new topic on the subject.

I recently released a HUD mod, which uses a custom STTNUM font. The size of this font is 14 pixels tall, as opposed to the standard font being 11 pixels tall.

For a while, I had been trying to figure out why there was different spacing between rows and after a few experiments, logic tells me that there must be something in the coding that detects the size of the STTNUM font and create spacing between the rows based on the size of the font. I have provided an example below to show the difference between the default HUD and my custom HUD.

dLccDyq.png
dCdkEtv.png

As you can probably tell, there seems to be a larger gap difference between the first two rows of the tally results (there is similar spacing between the other rows too, but I didn't bother to collect a perfect bonus on my runs to demonstrate it), with the latter image having the number font invade the act completion section of the screen.

So I believed that it must be similar for all different types of tally screens (special stages, bosses, etc.)... But I discovered the other night that this isn't the case. For some reason, the spacing between rows in the special stage results screen is consistent, regardless of font size. Again, evidence is shown in the screenshots below.

fjM99tK.png
Y3QkHGd.png

Is there any reason why the two different results screens are scripted differently? And if not, would it be possible to standardise these screens with the special stage results screen coding, to not impose those who wish to use a slightly larger number font?

A new tag for linedef action 40 Visual Portal Between Tagged Linedefs that allows the displayed portal to be flipped for mirrors.

Couldn't find anything on this here already, but maybe an S_SKIN flag that allows a custom character to bust strong FOF's (knuckles, amy, fang, etc) without needing a specific charability? Maybe a tag for it to only apply in certain cases, like when super, in dashmode, or using your jump ability or whatever.
Also, could the legacy match emeralds be added as a resource for modders? They'd work just as they did in 2.1, the player dropping them on dying, taking damage, etc. and can use all 7 to turn super just once, when the form ends for any reason, the emeralds disappear, and the player can no longer transform until they collect all 7 again. This would be nice so that certain mods can force a player in and out of super forms and forms based on super without ever having to touch the player's collected coop emeralds. The current match emeralds can be left as is, I understand why they were changed, though maybe you could add "legacy" as an additional option for the powerstones command

Last edited:
Non-waving flame jets

I would like to make flame jets more predictable and easier to dodge in small spaces.

According to the wiki, "by default, the fire shot from the flame jet waves from side to side". Add a flag that makes flame jet shoot straight, without waving.

In Saturn era Sonic have a orange in him shoe vamp.
Unless you mean "Sonic's shoe straps should be orange like in the Sega Saturn games" (which they really aren't, and won't be orange in SRB2 to my knowledge), then I agree with CrystelleCore here. Please, read your messages to see if they make sense before sending them.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 5, Members: 0, Guests: 5)

Back