Resource icon

[Open Assets] ExAI - Extended Behavior for SP Bots 3.0

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.

clairebun

Community Noise Maker
Sonic Team Junior
ExAI is a small project of mine which expands on the behavior of single player bots to make the AI more intelligent and versatile.

• Built from the same code used to create 2.2's standard AI.
  • All six vanilla characters now have AI custom-tailored to make use of their abilities. (Usable with botskin)
  • Optional: Bot is customized to engage in combat (enabled by default)
  • Various other tweaks and added quirks to give the AI a bit more personality.

Commands are as follows:
ai_sys - Turns on/off all ExAI script functionality.
ai_attack - Turns on/off AI aggression against enemies.
ai_seekdist - Distance to seek out enemies. Measured in fracunits.
ai_debug - Streams local variables and cmd info in the console.

Attachments

• srb20243.gif
    srb20243.gif
    5 MB · Views: 2,262
  • srb20235.gif
    srb20235.gif
    6.2 MB · Views: 2,208
  • srb20234.gif
    srb20234.gif
    7.4 MB · Views: 2,037
  • srb20228.gif
    srb20228.gif
    6.7 MB · Views: 1,783
  • srb20227.gif
    srb20227.gif
    5 MB · Views: 1,829
  • srb20247.gif
    srb20247.gif
    6 MB · Views: 1,978
Last edited:
This is awesome, i was wishing for something like this, thanks a lot for the effort!

If i may give a sugestion, maybe add other optional behaviours, like going after rings.

Edit: Btw, is there any way to make this compatible with Better Single-player Bots by Nami?

Last edited:
That Metal Sonic GIF is some Kirby and the Amazing Mirror shit, it's great. Unfortunately I can't figure out how to change the bot's color after changing its skin with botskin. I was still able to doubleteam Fang as Fang and Fang, though!

If you have devmode on, changing the player's (or bot's) skin won't automatically change its color.

Only really used this with the basic Sonic & Tails duo, but it was really great to see the new AI in action. THZ1 really showcased some good bits, with the Tails bot actively platforming and moving to fly for pathfinding, and how it actually knew how to deal with spring shells.

Okay, so on the one hand, I love the work put into this, but on the other, I've noticed a severe amount of frame drops starting as early as Deep Sea Act 1. Now, that might just be me, and it may not be a problem in the future if I recall a conversation on Discord correctly, but unfortunately, this prevents me from adding this when I play the game.

My mod should be fully compatible with this on account of the changes it makes being very generalized. If it isn't, I'll take a look at it later.

Not only that, but it seems to lag quite a bit in the NiGHTS special stages, even though bots aren't in them.

My mod should be fully compatible with this on account of the changes it makes being very generalized. If it isn't, I'll take a look at it later.

It's not "fully" as in the hud icon for tails stops working but thats a really minor thing, sorry to be so picky, it's just that these two mods are some of those "if you are using mods for singleplayer you really should be using this" and i really want to see them fully compatible cause they go so well together

Last edited:
Probably just me, but personally I would love to see an update in the future that lets you have more than one bot join you on your adventure, so it feels more like you've got a real team.

This mod is perfect without that feature anyway, so this little post of mine is more of a suggestion then something that NEEDS to be added.

Well, she's not giving me pity shield.

I can't replicate this bug you're speaking of. Check and make sure you don't have some other file loaded which prevents her from granting shields.

Probably just me, but personally I would love to see an update in the future that lets you have more than one bot join you on your adventure, so it feels more like you've got a real team.

Unfortunately this isn't quite possible in the current confines of lua, as far as I can tell.

Last edited:

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back