The Ear Worm Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chibs

Just Someone
The Tv Tropes article for "Ear Worm" said:
"Ear Worms (from the German phrase Ohrwurm) are those songs that weasel their way into your head like uninvited guests and then proceed to stink up the inside of your cranium by playing themselves there over. And over. And over. And over. They're those songs that just get stuck in your head, and no amount of screaming, pounding, protesting, and banging your head into your desk will get them out. They will check out any time you like, but they will never leave. Someone infected with an Ear Worm may find themselves prone to bursting out into the song in inappropriate places, tugging at their ears in fury, and can end up distracted in the middle of conversation (or other important activities) by the continuous snatches of song wavering between their ears. And it's only a matter of time before, like Darryl Revok, they drill a hole in their forehead to let the voices out."

By the way, that article also has some particularly interesting examples.

So what song is miserably stuck in your head, endlessly looping without any hope of it ever ending? What is relentlessly torturing your ear drums with it's insanely catchy melody? The main purpose of this thread is the ambition to share melodies within the community in hope of becoming better acquainted with particularly good music.

What's your musical drug?

Last edited:
Panic Puppet Act 1 from Sonic 3D: Flickies Island Mega Drive version.

I want to grab a few birds and try to make them follow me in a straight line because of that. =/

To further perpetuate the "brony" thing, there's this. I've had to stop myself from singing it in public multiple times before.

He also does some of those toehoes things, for anyone here interested in those.

I've had a number of earworms in the past day, it's been driving me crazy.

For one, this song,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDvsYA200kc&feature=related
Was stuck in my head for a good few days a week or so ago. It drove me crazy, but I still like the song.

Then, this one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3bvrI442oI&feature=related
That annoyed me, because of all the songs in this soundtrack I could get as an earworm, why did it have to be the one with retarded lyrics?

Lastly, I can't refrain from mentioning this one. Over the past few months, bits and pieces of this song
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GflWGfEOtH0
were floating around my head. The guy that writes these songs has a crazy way of mixing chiptune, progressive, ballad, gospel, electronic, and pretty much any other type of music you can think of. Of course, one of the novelties of his songs is the interesting way he sings. His voice wouldn't normally be considered a good singing voice by the silly popular culture, but instead of subscribing to those standards, he made his entirely own style. I've really never heard anything like it.

Whenever I'm listening to the local Music channel, I always hear one or two songs that stick in my head so much I eventually look them up on Youtube and listen to them indefinitely.

Right now, it's this song.

I get ear worms a lot. And mostly they are just random songs that appear on the TV or the radio -which are, needless to say, not very pleasing to me.

I has the bunch... I keep humming them to myself, but my darn phone has this reallllyy small limit of Megabites I can transfer from my computer to it, go figure... They are mostly songs from Portal 2 (wee), Rayman and Sonic Colors' theme and final boss remix of it. Oh, and this (and other soundtracks from this game).
EDIT: Anyone else remembers Dexter's Lab while hearing the term "Ear Worm"? No? Just me...? :C

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back