Doctor Who - Not just for us Brits, you know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope you don't mean for season 5. We have to wait until July 10th to see the next episode with the girl upstairs.which means we won't be finishing the finale until the 24th.

One week from the American airing of the show.

Just acquire the damn things through other means, you can grab them in HD off certain sites, if you catch my drift.

Yup. I'm suprised that they don't have some kind of premium service so you can watch shows like this the day after they air in Britan.

Oh, nice hat by the way. *shoots hat off of Cue's head*

So yeah I'm a hardcore Doctor who fan too. I'm also British so I have already watched this season. I'm gonna spoiler tag it anyway just in case.

Moffat is a great writer. The finale of this season was pretty good because it wasn't based on a RTD classic of "Huge un-defeatable army". Although there were way too many plot holes in it.

If the Christmas special has anything related to the Doctor winning through love/memories it's going to be lame. Half the endings in this season were about love/memories it's just cheap and easy.

I miss the old characters :(

So after watching the Lodger, I just had to rewatch part of it online.

For the vuvuzelas, of course!

I find it hilarious that my brother, being the rabid football/soccer fan that he is chose this particular night to be scared away from watching the episode. Trailers always lie, the sneak peek made it out to be something rather creepy...

First half of the season finale next week, I can't wait.

All right, I've made it to the first episode with The Master since I've been watching the series streamed with a few friends of mine. Small spoiler, please: How often does he show up? I'm hoping he'll be in a lot of episodes, because he's probably my favorite villian right now. All the wait to see what he was like helped, too.

All right, I've made it to the first episode with The Master since I've been watching the series streamed with a few friends of mine. Small spoiler, please: How often does he show up? I'm hoping he'll be in a lot of episodes, because he's probably my favorite villian right now. All the wait to see what he was like helped, too.

He's not as recurring as the Daleks, who are back at least twice a season usually. More like once in a while.

He's not as recurring as the Daleks, who are back at least twice a season usually. More like once in a while.

Yeah, he last showed up last season, so don't expect him to be around for a while. *shoots hat off Cue's head AGAIN*

Arise!

All right. The new season is here. As always, spoiler-tag anything from episodes aired less than one week ago.

Asylum of the Daleks was pretty cool, though the "Doctor who?" bit at the end was too pander-tastic for my taste.

The Wedding of River Song was okay - until the end. Undoing the Doctor's death is possibly one of the most horrible things that the new series has done. (Can't say much with regards to the old series.) When the main character of a time-travel show is shown dying, I expect the writers to follow through. Infinitely less offensive, but still irritating, was the "history is broken" gimmick being overdone. This, combined with the "Doctor who?" arc and the fact that the next episode is about Space Egyptians on a spaceship carrying dinosaurs, I have suspicions that this season is going to have fanfic-with-a-budget vibes. It had its own quirky charm in Torchwood, but in the main Who series....

So I've been hearing more about the series by friends but they told me that the new ones aren't that good. Are the new episodes really that bad compared to the old ones?

If by "new episodes" you mean the ONE new episode of the 7th season, then I don't know. Some people say it's bad, and some people say it's one of the best ones. Maybe it's just Matt Smith gettin' a bit old for the viewers, then again...
I still wish I could've seen it though. Doctor who isn't really that famous here ._.

Ah I'm a big Doctor Who fan. I haven't been able to see the newest episode due to school and all, but I'll make sure to take a look at it whenever I get the time to.

If by "new episodes" you mean the ONE new episode of the 7th season, then I don't know. Some people say it's bad, and some people say it's one of the best ones. Maybe it's just Matt Smith gettin' a bit old for the viewers, then again...
I still wish I could've seen it though. Doctor who isn't really that famous here ._.

No, I mean ALL of the newer episodes. I communicate with people that watched the originals and they always laugh at people who say Dr. Who is awesome while only watching the newer (worse) seasons.

Well... I DID generally like Chris and David's episodes better, but saying all of Matt's episodes are bad isn't true (in my opinion). The Eleventh Hour, his first episode was actually really good.
The fact I like the older seasons better doesn't mean I don't think THEY didn't have bad episodes though. Some episodes are just not as good as others.
What's your favorite episode, guys? Mine's either Fires of Pompeii or The End of Time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back