v2.0.5's Master Server Reform

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, that would be...silly. If anything IE only. Executing applications using your browser has generally been a very IE only thing.

Button isn't happening in 2.0.5, maybe in the future, possibly, but not now.

2.0.6? :3
*slapped

It would be a nice feature, but it won't be coming anytime soon.

No, that would be...silly. If anything IE only. Executing applications using your browser has generally been a very IE only thing.
Are you sure about that?
This was a small thing I remember having. Originally it was a button, then I changed it into an automatic launcher. It launches notepad and attempts to make named file called netlog.txt if the user so chooses. For added information, this was made in Javascript.

As far as I'm aware, it is succesfully able to launch any type of file that is given within the parameters at the bottom of the file (Via editing).

Last edited:

Button isn't happening in 2.0.5, maybe in the future, possibly, but not now.

wrong wrong wrong, it's do-able on all Windows/KDE/Gnome systems, you just need a helper program that would probe the server 1st, and find what version of srb2 is needed to connect to that server. I thought we talked about this before in #srb2dev?
Edit: found a sample for MacOSX cocoa

Last edited:
Are you sure about that?
This was a small thing I remember having. Originally it was a button, then I changed it into an automatic launcher. It launches notepad and attempts to make named file called netlog.txt if the user so chooses. For added information, this was made in Javascript.

As far as I'm aware, it is succesfully able to launch any type of file that is given within the parameters at the bottom of the file (Via editing).

I stand corrected, but either way it no doubt only works at certain security levels in IE (because IE is like that), which is something I'm not going to start forcing users to lower, and there is still the issue of how exactly does it know where to find it, hmm? Having users find the EXE on every computer in every browser they go to is not exactly what I call intuitive. Not to mention I don't like the idea of running EXEs through javascript full stop, it just has this air about it that seems...dodgy.

Patience, child, I'll work something out.

wrong wrong wrong, it's do-able on all Windows/KDE/Gnome systems, you just need a helper program that would probe the server 1st, and find what version of srb2 is needed to connect to that server. I thought we talked about this before in #srb2dev?
Edit: found a sample for MacOSX cocoa

Isn't that for URL handlers, not Javascript? I guess SRB2 could shove the registry keys in itself to handle srb2://...

Last edited:
One question:

Are servers, that offer special gametypes, like HnS in Coop, Tag in Race, Match in CTF, ect. still belongs to the standard room as long as it doesn't violates any rules for the standard room?

Why would you play Match in CTF...? Match on a CTF map maybe, but then again there's never been anything wrong with that and there never will be. Use the gametype as advertised, do what you want with the maps, if you want to play match in GFZ1, go ahead, it may not be very good since you lack a great deal of what you need for a good match, but it's still perfectly legit.

Those any map can do it, not all the maps is "built" for it. Try Tag in a race map or a Srb1 map. Plus, I would rather be "choosing a tag map" than spending time shifting through all the maps in Srb2.

If I do not remember was the Spazzo who tested 2.0.5 which is still in testing.

By:KnuxD

By:Knuckles The £chidna

I think the "standard" room ought to be renamed the "competitive" room, so it's much clearer.

The Master Server will likely return online in another 12 or so hours. Please be patient with us, the MS is down for your own benefit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back