SRB2 Demo 2 Remaster - 2.1.17, Beta 1

About that one way thing in Mine maze, I still don't think it's a good idea when the one way path is the only path.

I think to be a little bit more fair, it would be best to make those closers into moving crushers instead. Maybe even review how the stage worked in demo 2.

For example, the very first path close, and the only one really on Demo 2's development version of Mine Maze, there is a second path that opens to allow other players to get through. This would indicate that the original level designer was already thinking about this problem.

About that one way thing in Mine maze, I still don't think it's a good idea when the one way path is the only path.

I think to be a little bit more fair, it would be best to make those closers into moving crushers instead. Maybe even review how the stage worked in demo 2.

For example, the very first path close, and the only one really on Demo 2's development version of Mine Maze, there is a second path that opens to allow other players to get through. This would indicate that the original level designer was already thinking about this problem.

The thing about crushers is that they make a lot of noise (see DCZ1, I really wanted to cut the goddamn noise but I just couldn't) and if you don't make them fast, they're a pushover. They also seem very robotic, you know, rock ceiling moving up and down like its natural, and with them you can go back to the level how much you want, and that doesn't give me at least much sense of danger. The level was also designed to have SOME bullshit design.
However, not replacing every one-time crushers and just some cases would be a good idea. It'd stripe it away from its bullshit design, but hey, sacrifices.

Also, I played complete Demo 2 a lot now, and I think its pretty safe to say that that path doesn't open up until you get past that crusher.

I'm sure you also noticed that the first crusher also rose up from the ground too?

Also what's the player suppose to do if they trigger the one time crusher that doesn't reset and wind up on the wrong side of it? there is dangerous, and then there is impossible.

(also Sonic 2's Mystic cave had the repeating crushers too)

I'm sure you also noticed that the first crusher also rose up from the ground too?

Also what's the player suppose to do if they trigger the one time crusher that doesn't reset and wind up on the wrong side of it? there is dangerous, and then there is impossible.

(also Sonic 2's Mystic cave had the repeating crushers too)

Okay, fine, I will change some crushers to repeating crushers, but only the fast ones and "situationally bad" ones (I'm keeping the ending of the act tense).

Also, don't compare Mystic Cave to Mine Maze. They're two completely different things AND those crushers did look very odd!

Mystic Cave looked like a Mine tho, but yeah I agree that those Floor crushers looked weird.

Where I've been the past 6 months and the future of this WAD.

Woah. Its really been 6 months, huh? I guess I need at least a textual update on this thing. But if you need a TL;DR that badly: School. Laziness. Sorry. I'll be back on this soon.

If you guys want to know the full story: Lets just say one of the reasons I did this with Lobco was to not dissapoint him, be productive and finish this project, unlike many other proyects in my life. But look where we are now! (I also did it with him because he's a great guy and he helped me out a lot when I was on vacation, don't get the wrong idea.) I've also had school the past 6 months and the next 3 too because south hemisphere is desynched with the north 6 months, so I had summer when I did this whole thing. Last year of high-school got tougher than I expected, and it was either I finish this thing in time, or I finish school in time. Now that things are relaxing, I think I can slowly come back to this.
I'm sorry, honestly. I know little to no one still cares about this, but I do. I did this because I wanted to be connected with old SRB2, I actually enjoyed the mythical history and evolution of this game, and I felt like I needed to provide a way to enjoy, with modern software and easy access the old classic Demo 2 single player campaign that was supposed to release in 2001 before STJr found out all they could do with the game. So I did this, as a tribute.
Now, I cannot assure if I'll come back to the single player campaign. Even though custom enemies need to be made, and I need to make this super duper a-ok, I don't know if I still have the emotional motivation to continue with the single player campaign. SRB2 TGF Remade though, will *probably* get finished, and while I don't like setting deadlines (We all know what happened 6 months ago related to that!), I do feel like that's another game that needs to be homaged and converted to Modern SRB2 the way the Demo 2 campaign was. Yes, FOF Slopes will be a thing. Yes, it will take time, 2D levels means LOTS OF FOFs (GHZ2 knows that very well.) and Yes, it will have great backgrounds that are more than just one color: cyan. Those are the only things I can actually assure though.
What else can I say? Oh yeah, the levels that were finished from SRB2 TGF when I left were: GHZ1, GHZ3, THZ1, THZ2 (Love this one), THZ3 (Need to make the boss, level itself is made), DSZ1 (With actual water on a great chunk of the level), DSZ3 (Same as THZ3), and the last two levels bar the final 2 bosses.
One more thing, oh boy, I was really condescending on these messages. I'm sorry if I came off as a douche to anyone, I just liked how I actually kinda finished this project.

Oh, one actual last thing, secret levels will be worked on and playable by the release of Update 5.
That's it? I think so.

Last edited:
This is a pretty good representation of what demo 2 was like.Looks like ugly knux came back looking uglier than ever

Last edited:
I know this is kinda old, but for some reason every zone after Greenflower makes the game crash in a different way. After beating GFZ Act 3 the screen goes black. Trying to select other zones from the server setup screen freezes the game.

The new 2.1.21 update seems to have broken the mod, game "freezes" upon completion of GFZ Act 3 - has a ghosting effecting on menus and stuff, has a SIGSEGV Violation error

Seems that I've been having the same problem. The game freezes after the boss fight in Greenflower Zone Act 3.
To validate the stages were there, I opened the main .wad in slade and looked through the MAP section. All of the "unplayable" maps were there, mainly MAP04 (Techno Hill Zone Act 1). In the MAINCFG, I found our issue. Outside of Greenflower, each zone's Act 1 attempts to load a PreCutsceneNum that doesn't exist. The only cutscene that exists in the .wad is CUTSCENE 127, which won't load in the game by any normal means. Upon removing all PreCutsceneNum for each Act 1, the stages become playable.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back