SRB2 Chaos Domain - Version 2.3.1 [scr_ChaosDomain-Version2.3.1.wad]

Status
Not open for further replies.

CoatRack

Official Community CoatRack
Sonic Team Junior
Well, it's about time ain't it? Welcome back to...
SRB2 Chaos Domain
Version 2.3
srb20042.png

-Initial release.

-Fixed the SCRIPT02 error.
-Fixed the missing textures in Stronghold Forest 3 and Solstice Pass 2
-Flame Breath has been given an overhaul, the fight is more dynamic now. He plays for keeps now!
-Probably fixed other odds and in I forgot too.

-Egg Hopper now hops away some after being hit, you should now no longer be able to cheese the fight.
-Fixed an issue with the Flame Breath fight where he would not drop the big napalm bomb in phase 2.
-Add some volcano ambient items to Radiant Caverns.

STORY:
After Eggman’s most recent set back, he was busy trying to come up with a new plan to defeat Sonic and his friends. He was lucky enough to find one of the Chaos Emeralds while searching for a place to start construction on a new base.

Using his last defeat as a key opportunity to lie low to study the emerald in greater detail, while doing so he had happen to find the diary of his Grandfather that made mention of the use of the Chaos Emeralds to manipulate space and time. Wishing to harness this power, he ran test after test trying figure out how to crack into the “Chaos Control”.

As time passed Eggman grew tired of taking precautions and decided to take a more direct approach, he attempted to split the emerald open. Unfortunately for him, Sonic and his friends found Eggman’s base when they were on the look for the Chaos Emeralds. In his hasty attempts at stopping Sonic, he started the process before the preparations were completed. A white flash erupted from the machine, slowly growing bigger and bigger, before engulfing the whole facility.

Sonic and his friends awoke finding themselves lying in a green meadow, with the sun setting over the mountains. Quickly noticing Eggman’s robots in the area, the group set of to figure out what happen and where they were at.

FEATURES:
Two full 3 act zones with custom bosses, and two 2 act zones!
Secrets hidden in the levels for extra re-play value!
Custom graphics for custom enemies!
Custom scenery Items!
AND MORE!

A big thanks for everyone who helped make this mod a reality!

Attachments

• srb20988.png
    srb20988.png
    165.7 KB · Views: 4,699
  • srb20991.png
    srb20991.png
    152.7 KB · Views: 3,914
  • srb20994.png
    srb20994.png
    124.4 KB · Views: 3,915
  • srb21004.png
    srb21004.png
    209.7 KB · Views: 3,286
  • srb21005.png
    srb21005.png
    199.9 KB · Views: 3,076
  • srb21000.png
    srb21000.png
    193.7 KB · Views: 3,088
  • srb20999.png
    srb20999.png
    171.4 KB · Views: 3,049
  • srb21001.png
    srb21001.png
    206.7 KB · Views: 3,070
  • srb21003.png
    srb21003.png
    236.4 KB · Views: 2,873
  • srb21006.png
    srb21006.png
    104.4 KB · Views: 2,990
  • scr_ChaosDomain-Version2.3.1.rar
    30.6 MB · Views: 7,669
Last edited:
AW YEAH! MY FAVORITE IS BACK!

Thank you Coatrack.

Glad to see this Wad make a return to 2.1.15. It's been a while since my last playthough and I'm kinda excited to give it another run in the near future.

Oh wow.

I've only managed to get to the second zone so far, but the amount of effort that must have gone into this is incredible. The bosses are excellently designed, and the enemies are great as well.

I'll have to get further into this later, but so far, it is incredible.

I remember how fun this was during 2.0, glad to see this ported to 2.1

I really like this wad. the level design is really unique, and the custom enemies are fun to fight. I especially liked the little mirror room puzzle in Eggmansion Act 1.

One question though....
mq5WbKG.png

Exactly how do I get past this room in Eggmansion Act 2? I've been at this for about 10 minutes, and I haven't found or noticed a switch or anything.

Pay close attention to the pictures on the wall, one is not the same as the others.

See this is what i like about this map pack. You sometimes need to stop and look around to progress, adding a puzzle element to the map pack.

I especially like the part in Eggmansion where you are in a room full of ghosts and thier is a secret switch in the room!

Brilliant!

So, every time a level loads. This appears on the console.
Code:
couldn't execute file SCRIPT02

Anyone find out how to access the secret Radiant Caves level yet? Love this mod from back in 2.0, but I really want to get to the content I haven't seen before.

Current issues reported will be addressed in an upcoming patch, holding off til Monday to ensure there are no other issues that I missed when going through fixing these ones!

Radiant Caverns is hidden in a spot much like how Hidden Palace Zone was in the iPhone version of Sonic 2, as a small hint.

Hinote and KO.T.E are hidden in every level (save boss levels), they were originally going to play the role in sending the player into special stages. But I pushed them to just being cameos after never getting around to making the special stages.

Donkey Kracken is also hidden in one of the levels, I can't remember if I stuffed him in more than one though.

if it wasent for the fucking lag i went through, i would have a lighter opinion
other than that its a beautiful wad but one question.... whats with the Obese sonic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back