SRB2 The Past 1.08.c

I Just spotted another bug by the way :P
  • MAPX4 (Egg Base Zone) isn't Multiplayer friendly, the crushers don't lower again when they raise which may cause death for Players at start (Even when they respawn again) .
This isn't a bug, this is a design flaw, and it has been mentioned in the info card before the level. I could take a crack at fixing it for multiplayer. Even if it does take away from how it was actually designed back then.

I second replacing the museum hub with something that's easier to navigate and looks a ton better. And also erasing SRB2 TGF, it's near unplayable.

I also managed to crash on THZ2 of the Beta quest, where I cannot say cause the entire zone is a one-texture mess.
You aren't playing in open GL mode are you? OpenGL is Unsupported and can cause crashes even in the unmodified game.
Then there's the Christmas Mode which I was giving hopes for but turned out to be solid for only our favourite first 2 zones. DSZ is almost unchanged except for an awkward patch of white here and there and CEZ is just horrendous. The dried rivers in ACZ also have bizarre texturing.

Does anyone else get it, or am I the only one? Could be I did something wrong though the only thing I added and considered needing to be added was the XmasRestore.wad.
You got it right, all you needed was XmasRestore.wad. The odd patches of white in DSZ are a result of sharing a texture with Castle Eggman act 1, the other missing replacements are my fault.

However, Deep Sea zone having little to no change was a result of criticism from 2010 that complained about Snow underwater. It does however look like underwater snow might be unavoidable this time due to the use of the dirt textures above and below the water.

I don't think this is intentional...
I found this in the demos 2 & 3 version.
It's not entirely. In demos 2 and 3 that spot was a misaligned texture for some odd reason. I'll fix it so it appears more like how it did in Demos 2 and 3. (it looked like it was missing there)

Edit:
SRB2 Christmas restoration has been updated. if you have SRB2's complete download, you can get the update from the music zip. If you don't, the complete download also has the updated file.

Last edited:
You forgot a lot of RedXVI appareances:
1-When he was in Demo 4
2-When he gives you the Black Emerald (1.09.4)
3-When he gives you God Cheats (actually Pandora Box) (also 1.09.4)
4-When he is Pope RedXVI and takes you to Neo Aereal Garden Zone (2.0)
But, is a nice mod. You can sing "Back In Time" from Sonic R all the day while playing this. Is a fun mod and I hope you can finish it for 2.2, or 2.3, Who knows?
As I'm a critic, I give this a 8/10, a great mod for the best fangame.

You forgot a lot of RedXVI appareances:
1-When he was in Demo 4
2-When he gives you the Black Emerald (1.09.4)
3-When he gives you God Cheats (actually Pandora Box) (also 1.09.4)
4-When he is Pope RedXVI and takes you to Neo Aereal Garden Zone (2.0)
But, is a nice mod. You can sing "Back In Time" from Sonic R all the day while playing this. Is a fun mod and I hope you can finish it for 2.2, or 2.3, Who knows?
As I'm a critic, I give this a 8/10, a great mod for the best fangame.
1: Covered! Find his hiding spot in Castle Eggman 2 Demo 4
2: Not yet made
3: Work in Progress.
4: Some triggers were carried over from the direct copy, Full replication needs figuring out before executing Plus porting of Neo Areal Garden.

Hopefully we'll get a version sooner, Since it's possible to run slopes with "srb2ball.exe" now , any chance ? :v .

Maybe if Glaber wanted to show off that old OGL-exclusive Slopes test map AJ made back during Final Demo days...

Why would we need slopes on a wad specifically designed to show old levels in their unedited form?

Umm ... SRB1 TGF Remake Maps are using Fake Floating slopes which is currently causing it to lag a lot, Real slopes would remove that lag .

I not only intend on using the real slopes to replace the fake ones, but started on the process to replace them on TGF GFZ2.

Any update that comes out before 2.2 though will unfortunately still have the Lag slopes due to Vanilla SRB2 being the intended exe. (To anyone reading this post now, The TGF Stages will have the Real Slopes before 2.2 now.)

Last edited:
Any update that comes out before 2.2 though will unfortunately still have the Lag slopes due to Vanilla SRB2 being the intended exe.
The public "next" branch of the game obviously has slopes. The public "next" branch of the game has also been tweaked a few days ago to get ready to put patch.dta back in use, as well as bumping the version number up to 2.1.15, and the public "next" branch of the game additionally has some things which Inuyasha talked about (in their Sonic Colors Blast 2 Lua Wisp script thing's comments), which would (probably) be implemented into said script "once 2.1.15 releases". Of course, this doesn't necessarily mean slopes will be in 2.1.15, but I'll personally be very surprised if not.

Edit: Sorry for bringing the thread off-topic.

Last edited:
I not only intend on using the real slopes to replace the fake ones, but started on the process to replace them on TGF GFZ2.

Any update that comes out before 2.2 though will unfortunately still have the Lag slopes due to Vanilla SRB2 being the intended exe.

I thought 2.2 is going to use the same Linedef action numbers that Thokker mod currently uses (which are between 700-722 ) .

I thought 2.2 is going to use the same Linedef action numbers that Thokker mod currently uses (which are between 700-722 ) .
That's not the point. The point was "anything but 2.1.14's slope-less vanilla srb2win.exe and srb2dd.exe is not vanilla, and I [glaber] don't want to force people to use non-vanilla executables" or something along those lines.

This doesn't make any sense of what you said. We're having 2.2! Not 2.1.15!

Thank you. I'm not sure if it is for sure, but once 2.2 is out I'll include it as an unlockable

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back