[SUGOI 2] Oh My God! It's Joseph Joestar In SUBARASHII: X-Mas Mode In July

I too have a bug to report: If you roll into the speed boosters in Sapphire Frost Zone while using analog mode, analog mode gets messed up and the player will get stuck facing the same direction as the spring sent them. This effect lasts until the player manually turns analog off and back on again, restarting the stage does nothing to fix this.

I never tested with analogue mode, all the boosters are basically, are just horizontal springs.

Their SOCs ar pretty much diagonal spring clones without the vertical movement.

I'm having some strange trouble in the secret final boss. Around mid-3rd phase, I am suddenly taken to the continue screen. I had not run out of health, or lives. Upon continuing, I am suddenly taken to the title screen around mid-1st phase. The only theory I can come up with is AI Tails standing still and getting himself killed may have an effect, but even after grinding 20 lives, the same thing happens at the same point. I don't have anyone at the moment who can control him and try dodging. But the health meter and lives counter remains unchanged no matter what happens to him, and no matter how many lives I have, I am taken to the continue screen at the same point in the fight. Is this a glitch? What is going on?

EDIT: Just found out progress is kept even on new saves. Started another file with Sonic solo, and managed to finish the boss without any problems. So Tails really was holding me back, but in a strange glitchy way. Again, my health didn't visibly go down when he got hot, and I was sent to continue after like 3 Tails deaths when I had 20 lives. It was a weird situation.

Last edited:
I have a problem with most levels including Roasted Ravine Zone 1, everytime I enter a bedroom level (Roasted Ravine Zone 1 & Empty Sanctrum Zone), it lags like insanity! I've tried everything I could, but still lag. Is there any fix to this?

I have a problem with most levels including Roasted Ravine Zone 1, everytime I enter a bedroom level (Roasted Ravine Zone 1 & Empty Sanctrum Zone), it lags like insanity! I've tried everything I could, but still lag. Is there any fix to this?

The creators of the map have made a less laggier version, separate to SUBRASHII. Not sure if it will be updated to the newer version though

So I've been wondering about this for a while, and still never figured it out.

Is there some sort of meaning to this image/message that shows up in the true ending, or am I just overthinking things?

4KJE0Fe.png

So I've been wondering about this for a while, and still never figured it out.

Is there some sort of meaning to this image/message that shows up in the true ending, or am I just overthinking things?

4KJE0Fe.png

Yes, I have seen that picture in the true ending.

I know that this level pack is a few years old and the last reply was a year ago, but I wanted to speak up about a particular emblem in Fort Nitrate Zone that I just wish would be completely removed. Other than that, I feel like my experience with Emblem Hunting or playing the level pack in particular has been really fun. I'm surprised hardly anyone has spoken up about this emblem in particular, though.

Screw This Emblem in Particular.jpg
However this emblem can go screw itself. I've been at this one for far too long and it seems like any attempt at getting this emblem is complete luck and chance. The level gimmick is a neat idea and it's not fun to play at all, and it's even less fun when an emblem is locked behind this broken mechanic that doesn't work right in a room that does not facilitate any means of getting this emblem easily. Using spindash to knock the bomb up there should be reward enough in locating it but that's not what happens here.

It expects you to somehow time it just right with hitting the BACKSIDE (because heaven forbid it could just break the bars from any side to make it a little easier) so you have to rely on luck to hope that the physics engine of srb2 will allow it to bounce in just the right way to destroy this thing. I am exclusively at the mercy of the physics engine for this to actually decide it wants to bounce in just the right way to hit the backside of this cage. It just feels like something threw this in without actually playtesting this at all just like "eh it will work, I think"

And you know, maybe I'll eventually get this thing, and yes, I know not all Emblems are *really* required, but this is just not fun. While it would be unreasonable to expect the map maker to go out of their way to adjust the difficulty of getting this emblem, I can say I'd really appreciate it if they did.

Last edited:
That emblem had me tricked in the same way for a while, too. You're overthinking it. It's not bustable by bombs, at all, even if you get one back there.

The only thing I would patch is probably the hint itself, it does hint at the proper solution but it doesn't make it obvious -- you kinda have to take a leap of logic to figure out what it means. I wanted to leave every author's hints in-tact for SUBARASHII, but I rewrote about half of the hints in the upcoming KIMOKAWAIII to avoid the "doesn't make sense until you already know how to get it" effect.

That dark dirt texture is used on the Knuckles path as a bustable wall. You have to use Knuckles to work your way backwards through the Sonic route and into the Tails route, then climb up and grab it. The hint tried to say this with the line "Can someone free me".

Last edited:
I appreciate the hint. I was able to get the Emblem. I feel like that hint is far too vague and made getting the Emblem more frustrating than it needed to be.

I'll probably patch it (along with SUGOI) when 2.2 drops & has been out for a while -- whenever that'll be. Right now both mods are in a good & stable state, so I don't feel inclined to do one just yet.

I definitely understand that. Though I'm excited for whenever we get a Kawaiii, assuming we're getting a Sugoi 3. I've really been enjoying both of the map packs a lot and I enjoy some of the really original stuff that people have made for it.

Love it. However everytime I restart the game, my emerald counter goes back to 0, and the "clear" sign displayed on the level info, after you enter the painting, is gone as well. I have no idea why this happens. It would also help to know how many emblems you already collected and how many you have left before entering the level.

Love it. However everytime I restart the game, my emerald counter goes back to 0, and the "clear" sign displayed on the level info, after you enter the painting, is gone as well. I have no idea why this happens. It would also help to know how many emblems you already collected and how many you have left before entering the level.

Level packs in 2.1 can't save data that the vanilla game can't also save, so it can't keep track of which levels you've beaten nor any extra collectibles obtained. Those are kept track of in Lua variables, but they are unfortunately wiped once you close the game. 2.2 has a feature that allows a limited amount of space with which to store custom integers into single-player saves, so this may be possible in future ports.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back