GomaTheMascar

all that I am is just to make ya, yeah
Surprise.

Remember this GFZ rip-off that some people really liked? Its back, because... well, I got really better at making maps, and seeing how a lot of stuff on this level could be improved, and how some friends wanted to play this in 2.2, so why not port it, right? (and its my birthday at the day of submitting this, so thats a good timing I guess).

Now, I know I have been just porting my maps... all two of them... b-but hold on, there's some new stuff here, and I also have been working on some other cool stuff too! You will just have to wait, I can't say when exactly they will be released, but they will be! Until there, I hope this map makes you a little bit excited for what's to come...

Cool music: https://youtu.be/0SVyU2gZWV8

The cool stuff:
- Almost all rooms had some kind of change, small and big
- New path for Amy/Fang
- New rooms just before the end of the stage, because I felt like making it xd
- A lot of new small details
- Even more secrets, explore well
- Ripped clouds skybox from GFZ, sorry I was lazy there
Some more specific changes:
- Removed a lot of unnecessary thok barriers
- The stage now has 0 pits, from 1 pit
- More sloped waterfalls because why not
- The rock jumping section now has a sloped waterfall... yay...
- More spikes... probably too many
- The water sections should feel less empty
- Air Bubble Patches should be very obvious to find

Updates:
V2.1
- Fixed certain intangible spikes
- Removed five rings on a section in Amy/Fang path (Perfect Bonus is probably possible now)
- Changed a really hard-to-reach 10 ring monitor to an Extra Life
- Added benches, because yes

This level probably won't fit the "2.2 tier" thing, since its a port from version 2.1, but I hope its still fun enough, and I also hope that the new paths add to the fun of it!

Huge thanks to Tatsuru, who helped me with a gimmick, and everyone who played this level in version 2.1 which helped me with their comments :)

(The map slot is PW)

Attachments

• VS_peakwaterfalls-v2.rar
    1.9 MB · Views: 1,403
  • srb20519.jpg
    srb20519.jpg
    197.8 KB · Views: 1,572
  • srb20520.jpg
    srb20520.jpg
    157.1 KB · Views: 1,220
  • srb20521.jpg
    srb20521.jpg
    228.6 KB · Views: 1,152
  • VS_peakwaterfalls-v2.1.rar
    1.9 MB · Views: 3,429
Last edited:
Im one of those people that enjoy big ass stages so i ended up enjoying this alot, but making it a 2 act stage would be nice as well.

Also this is pretty ew, plz fix
attachment.php

Attachments

• srb20201.jpg
    srb20201.jpg
    173.2 KB · Views: 11,570
happy birthday by the way and good map I was going to meet him in 2.1 first but I realized that you made a port and well I will say that the level is very long I like it

This zone rules, great job! I do think it would make a bit more sense as a two-act zone, especially because gimmicks like the water launchers are introduced around halfway through.

I just got finished playing this stage! I agree with what everyone else had said earlier. I would like to add onto what was said earlier that I think something that could truly elevate this stage would be to not only split into separate acts, but use slightly different color palettes and music for each zone. Imagine stage 1 being dawn which slowly progresses to day as you get further in the level. Act 2 is full day with slightly different music. And after that Act 3 could be starting at day, but then ending at dusk with different music.

I do think this zone could be split up into 3 acts, and I think some different music, some slightly adjusted time of day, and you could have a really solid full zone.

Updated to version 2.1! If someone is crazy enough, Perfect Bonus should be possible now, and a little fix :)

I really enjoyed this level. Exploring it is a lot of fun, and every area somehow feels unique. The scope is impressive, the gushing waterfalls gimmick is well executed, there's a lot to like here.

Of course, that doesn't mean its perfect. The level is big. A little too big. Splitting the level into two acts would help for sure.

I also felt that the enemy roster is a little bloated. You have the crawlas, then turtles, jumping fish, the seeking fish, and turrets. The vanilla levels tend to stick to three or four kinds of enemies, and that's a good number to keep it at.

This last one is just a personal nitpick, but the music doesn't quite fit the theme of the level. When I hear the Twinkle Snow theme, I think winter levels, not grassy levels. Of course I'm aware musical taste is subjective, but that's just my take on it.

Overall, its a lot of fun! I look forward to more potential maps from you!

I may have gone too far... wops, but at least I know what I did wrong, im gonna make sure to my next levels to be... less gigantic, or at least try, thanks anyway :)

I feel like kind of an idiot because I can't figure out how to get past Amy and Fang's exclusive path near the start as Fang. Amy can hammer the door in that one waterfall room (EDIT: I remembered wrong, looks like she can't), but Fang seems completely stuck.

Last edited:
I forget if I've actually completed this level or not, but I have played it twice and enjoyed my time running about. Nice work!

I agree breaking it up into different acts would make it better!

I feel like kind of an idiot because I can't figure out how to get past Amy and Fang's exclusive path near the start as Fang. Amy can hammer the door in that one waterfall room (EDIT: I remembered wrong, looks like she can't), but Fang seems completely stuck.

I don't remember making a BUSTABLE DOOR in that path, but if you are talking about a room with the two pillars with yellow horizontal springs, you should just push the block down there until a door in front of it fully opens.

If this isn't the room you are talking about, a screenshot of that section would help.

At the very least, this makes my top 5 favorite SRB2 levels. I'm surprised the nodebuilder even managed to put this all together with relatively few issues.

Fantastic job!

I don't remember making a BUSTABLE DOOR in that path, but if you are talking about a room with the two pillars with yellow horizontal springs, you should just push the block down there until a door in front of it fully opens.

If this isn't the room you are talking about, a screenshot of that section would help.
Yes, that's the room I'm talking about.

Great stage, love the length! It was really fun romping through a new stage that wasn't 30 seconds for once... The attachment shows a rendering error I caught so you can take that into account if you plan on updating it. I hope to see more stuff like this from you!

Attachments

• srb20000.gif
    srb20000.gif
    2.5 MB · Views: 287

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back