• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

NiGHTS Boss Fight(Scrapped and redoing).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay so the original plan for this has sorta failed, and as a result I'm trying again, but doing it differently. Instead of a giant worm boss I'm going to be doing something else for this boss fight. Going to try and make a different boss fight, using some pretty neat things I've figured out how to do while messing around.

Last edited:
Hmm: maybe turn the nights capsule into a source of an attack? Like, the powersource for a turret aimed at the boss?

That's super cool! It's a neat solution to not having enemies locked to a track.

Thanks. :D .

Hmm: maybe turn the nights capsule into a source of an attack? Like, the powersource for a turret aimed at the boss?

Well I'm not sure if that would work for this boss, but I was planning on making another one with Metal Sonic or something if this turned out well enough. I might try this for the next one. Thanks for the suggestion. :D .

Edit:Also, does anyone know how to use the Metal Sonic Gather Points for something other than Metal Sonic. I'm trying to make the boss look like it's building up energy for a big attack, but I can't seem to find the correct actions for it. And I checked the wiki for Metal Sonic's battle actions, but unless I'm reading it wrong or something I just can't seem to figure out what it is that let's him gather the energy from the gathering points. If I can't figure it out I'll probably just sprite in the energy things into the actual frames for the boss. Really hoping that the gathering point things aren't Metal Sonic exclusive or something.

Last edited:
So I kinda thought it would be cool to see a boss fight in a NiGHTS stage, so I tried looking for any online. Couldn't really find any, but I'm sure someone's at the very least attempted this before. Anyhow, what I'm doing is basically trying to make a simple little boss fight in a NiGHTS stage. It's just a small circle map with a few little hills to take cover behind during an attack. The boss is a giant worm that tunnels around attacking the player, sorta going to end up being like the Eggman boss fight from Deep Sea Zone where he pops up in different holes, except this one you can only hit the holes on the side, you can't hit him when he's in the middle. This boss will also use different attacks depending on where it pops up.

So it pops up, attacks the player a few times, the player can dodge them if it's an attack on their path, or hide behind cover if it's from the center.
Then when it's able to be attacked you just fly into him and he's going to drop a bunch of orb thingies, those ones you use to get the Chaos Emerald from the Capture circle thing to beat NiGHTS levels. You just keep fighting him till you have enough, then you can beat the level. I have no idea how to get his health working properly, and I'm still trying to figure out how the pain thing works, so for now he's pretty much immortal.

I'm still figuring out all the things so it might be a little while before I can try to release this.

//Progress Report, because I'm not sure what else to put on here, so bleh.
//Currently making it pop up on the player's route to attack them directly.
//Having severe difficulties with it popping up on the player's route to attack them directly.
//Making it so that when it emerges from it's holes in the ground it'll fling rocks all around the map.
//Trying to come up with a good reasonable way for it to drop spheres/rings/whatever you need to beat the stage when you hit it.

Nice idea about making a boss at NIGHTS mod, that makes more way interesting boss to SRB2, and also good challenge to NIGHTS mod... Keep this good job :D

Even better: make a NiGHTS multiplayer battle mode. You need to try and be the last one standing, and the timer at the top is how long you have until you're out. Just like in the Reala boss fight, if you're caught in an opponent's paraloop, you lose 5 seconds. When your timer is up, you're OUT. I did some messing around in the Dusty Wasteland special stage in Multiplayer Match mode. (heaven bless you, console menu) In this little video I made, I was controlling both players at once: a cyan Sonic, and a violet Tails. I never used the drill because it would spread both players too far apart. I (top player) ended up winning. Click this link to check it out.

Last edited:
Even better: make a NiGHTS multiplayer battle mode. You need to try and be the last one standing, and the timer at the top is how long you have until you're out. Just like in the Reala boss fight, if you're caught in an opponent's paraloop, you lose 5 seconds. When your timer is up, you're OUT. I did some messing around in the Floral Field special stage in Multiplayer Match mode. (heaven bless you, console menu) In this little video I made, I was controlling both players at once: a cyan Sonic, and a violet Tails. I never used the drill because it would spread both players too far apart. It ended up being a tie, and after the round was over I tried to get the word TIE up on the screen, and wanted to make sure everyone could see it. I failed miserably. Copy and paste the quoted URL file into your URL bar to see it.

That link can be only viewed by yourself, try to use a site to share your image like imgur for example.

And this thread is 4 years old soo i doubt that the creator of this thread would see this message or if it's still working on the Night's Boss

Ah yes, NIGHTS Boss, i would play that for sure.

...oh wait...
it's 4 years old, well... i have hope that it will get ended soon.

That link can be only viewed by yourself, try to use a site to share your image like imgur for example.

And this thread is 4 years old soo i doubt that the creator of this thread would see this message or if it's still working on the Night's Boss

Thanks for pointing that out, Rafael. Always feels good to fix errors!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back