Spiritual successors to SRB2?

Ice

Pretty chill guy
Hello all,

Just stumbled across this game here from SAGE 2020 (Out-Class Hunter) and I was wondering if there have been any more original or fangame successors to SRB2?

This particular game made me do a second-take just because it was so close to SRB2, aside from the realistic lighting. I haven't had a chance to play it yet but I'm itching to do so because of how cool it is to such familiar elements in a modern context. I poked around the other games from SAGE 2020 and none seemed so directly-descended from SRB2, not even the sonic games. It seems most people wanna copy official titles with a small twist, for better or for worse.

What this made me realize, though, is that we have a whole lot of people that grew up with SRB2 that are now capable of making their own games. The folks behind Out-Class Hunter can't be the only ones.

Does anyone else know about any other games of this variety? Games that seem directly inspired from SRB2?

I do not know of any. However I would be very interested.

I am kinda wishing for an Srb3 which provides the powerful customization of Srb2 but is build on a much more modern footing than the Doom engine.

There was this old proof-of-concept which ported a 2.2-beta GFZ1 onto the Roly-Poly Putt engine. Apparently, this game has a Quake console and uses Zip files for mods.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back