Damn that was fun. Jade Gully has a really nice aesthetic. I don't know a lot about X-treme, but I'm looking forward to what else you add!

The sector right under the sign post isn't marked as a death pit.

attachment.php

Attachments

• jade-gully.gif
    jade-gully.gif
    286.5 KB · Views: 8,573
Just played this. Such a cool idea to try and port levels from X-Treme over! I've been having trouble getting the fisheye and camera to work, but the level was fun regardless and this in general is just a cool idea.

Have you made any progress on the project as of late? I'd love to see more stuff from you.

EDIT: So I tried activating the X-Treme camera and currently my character models have reverted to 2D, the screen-size has shrunk, and my controls have been remapped. I think I can just map them again myself, but I don't know how to fix the other 2 issues. I already deleted the files related to fisheye and the camera and such to no avail.

Nvm, was able to fix everything!

Last edited:
Really? How did you fix the camera?

Ummm... Yeah, you need to reinstall srb2 cause theres no way to fix it ( maybe thats
because it has an bat file). You don't need to do all over again, i recommend you to search for gamedata.dat in the srb2 folder and make a copy of it, In case anything goes wrong. And if you want, you can save your replays by doing the same thing with the replay folder. Believe me, I was on this mess one time, and i didn't like it

UPDATE: I will be removing any mentions of Xtreme Camera from the original post; and will disencourage from trying to fiddle with whats in the current archive related to that (as it will be removed in the next update).

Reasons are because of the reported issues in these last comments (I forgot that .CFG files also have control mappings as stuff), as well as being quite hacky and cumbersome to setup. There's also a fangame in development based in X-treme; complete with Fisheye and everything, so I think that it would no longer be necessary to try dealing with this.

I'm aware this is a bump, but I wanna bring it up if anyone else is having this camera problem. Open the console in SRB2, and use "cam_still 0" to recover the X axis on your mouse. Alternatively, open config.cfg and add it to the end of the file and save it. This will recover it for you.

Hopefully this project comes back around, it's very neat, and we already have an Xtreme HUD and character model.

I tried the X-Treme Camera, and everything works fine... Except the Fish-Eye lens. Why won't the Fish-Eye lens work? (in all honesty, I'm glad it doesn't bc I don't like it but someone else might want it soooo)

Is Space Queens an actual stage? How much of the game did we recover?

It has Jade Gully, Crystal Frost, Red Sands, and Death Egg. More levels are planned to be added soon plus more content. I know all this because I'm part of the Project SXU Discord server. It's probably one of my favorite Discord servers.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back