• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Sometimes Duck makes stuff in lua I guess?

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was just suggesting ideas. No need to be a dick about it.
According to following posts, people seem to agree on that Sonic Robo Blast 2 should remain Sonic Robo Blast 2, not morph into Team Fortress 2: Less Classes And Lower Quality Edition.

TheDoctor said:
I don't see why not. I actually love stuff like this; making one game seem like another, either in looks or in gameplay. SRB2 isn't portal either, yet I've made portal maps for it. It also isn't klonoa, yet maps and character wads for it exist. I personally encourage things like this because of how creative and amusing it is. After all, that is how SRB2 first came to be; Sonic isn't DooM, but why the hell not make it be?
Sonic Robo Blast 2 isn't Portal, but adding a Portal Gun and Portal maps for it is okay, since it still feels like Sonic, due to still having actual, you know, Sonic elements in it, like speed. Get what I mean?

CobaltBW said:
would you honestly want to play capture points in a mod of SRB2 that's so close to TF2 that you may as well play the source material, or would you rather experience how capture points interact with SRB2's already unique mechanics?
Exactly.

According to following posts, people seem to agree on that Sonic Robo Blast 2 should remain Sonic Robo Blast 2, not morph into Team Fortress 2: Less Classes And Lower Quality Edition.

Even if people agree with you, it's still not an excuse to be a dick.

Even if people agree with you, it's still not an excuse to be a dick.
If you want to play Team Fortress 2 without any sense of Sonic, play Team Fortress 2, not Sonic Robo Blast 2. Problem solved easily, and with much more stable netcode as far as I've read on the forums.
Explain to me how being nice and telling him to play Team Fortress 2 since he clearly wants to play Team Fortress 2, not Sonic Robo Blast 2, is being a dick. Team Fortress 2 is free-to-play, after all.

Edit: Plus, it's impossible to find a server with <180 ping in Sonic Robo Blast 2, and Sonic Robo Blast 2 doesn't have lag compensation.

Never did play TF2, but I am all in for new game types even if they are inspired from different games. SRB2 does need some new game types to mess around in. Match/CTF and Tag are fun, but it does tend to get boring after a while.

Question about the CPs: will the timer go down faster with more people standing on the point(s)? And will the timer reverse if the a team member stands on their own point?

@zwip so you say it's ok for portal maps because they include some sonic variation like speed. Now imagine this with sonic variations, like springs, dash pads, climbable walls, breakable walls, shortcuts for speed characters. If these kind of stuff become implemented, it can even be better than TF2.

@zwip so you say it's ok for portal maps because they include some sonic variation like speed. Now imagine this with sonic variations, like springs, dash pads, climbable walls, breakable walls, shortcuts for speed characters. If these kind of stuff become implemented, it can even be better than TF2.
shortcuts for speed characters.
If Sonic gets turned into a Scout, Tails into an Engineer, Knuckles into a Soldier/Demopan, there is no such thing as "speed characters". And Knuxdier/Demoknux can't (at least shouldn't be able to) climb walls, unless it's a ladder or something else, in which case everyone should be able to climb it.

And quite honestly, what's so fun about playing Non-Sonic Robo Blast 2 Fortress 2 alone* compared to playing Sonic maps** in Team Fortress 2 with other people?
* Again, broken netcode, no servers with <180 ping.
** With springs, dash pads, etcetera, of course. Such a map should exist somewhere.

Zero didn't ask for a Team Fortress 2 port in Sonic Robo Blast 2 with Sonic stuff, he asked for a Team Fortress 2 port in Sonic Robo Blast 2.

Well you are thinking too much of a total conversion, as in complete changes to characters to be exactly like TF2. And even if that is the case, it is still an interesting thing to see.

Steam is required for the link to work.

I support it to. And I'd also like to see what happens to it. As long as it doesn't become a total conversion, of course.

Ah, I forgot my steam password. Lol. Anyways, a TC for me would be ok, but as I said earlier a mix of SRB2 stuff such as level design and mechanics in this gametype would make this a very amazing addon for multi player modes.

You should try to make Payload, Duck. It would look preety interesting in SRB2, I'm sure you can make it!

Also, if you don't want to rip off TF2 Maps, then make them SRB2-Related maps. But I think Gold Rush would look preety cool with ACZ textures :V

No, I am not making team fortress blast 2, this thread is not about that.

On the topic of payload, it might be possible but I'd rather focus on other game modes at the moment. I don't think payload would be that fun in srb2 anyway.

No, I am not making team fortress blast 2, this thread is not about that.
Good.

On the topic of payload, it might be possible but I'd rather focus on other game modes at the moment. I don't think payload would be that fun in srb2 anyway.
I don't think it'd be fun, either. And Capture The Flag already exists in vanilla Sonic Robo Blast 2. So other capture-control-point variations? Or Special Delivery (the "shared" flag thing)? Something?

Man I need to downsize that hud.

EDIT: Moar stuf
HatefulInexperiencedKilldeer.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
CADGyHZ.png

Scaled down some of the hud objects and moved them to the top of the screen. Eventually I will just redraw them in half size, but for now this is what the HUD will look like.

Also, lua tends to play nicely with multiplayer.

Scaled down some of the hud objects and moved them to the top of the screen. Eventually I will just redraw them in half size, but for now this is what the HUD will look like.
Well, I was going to suggest putting them on the bottom-center before, but that might not had looked so good in Sonic Robo Blast 2, so I didn't suggest it. But it looks really nice in the top-center. Just, when you'll redraw it, please use some more shades of red/blu/grn/ylw/blk/wht/brn/rng/ppl/knuckles/sanic in the edges if possible. Okay, just red/blue.

Also, lua tends to play nicely with multiplayer.
Well, I just seem to have read many people having bugs with Lua online, but that may be because of more "advanced" Lua (like Space Chase) than "if a player is here, increase this variable" or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back