• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Xkower's Projects

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xkower8181

Hello guys here's some my projects which i now working on.
1.Bob (a random stickman character from mugen which i liked for some reasons.)
This is bob and it's here oldest project also it's first here to be already inplement to SRB2.
Screenshots from SRB2:
2_1406211758.png

2_1406212020.png

2.Modern 8-bit Mario
This one don't inplement into SRB2 but it's styled to be 8-bit Mario but has colors of Modern Mario.
Sprites:
2_1404645947.png

2_1404646576.png

3.Tails Doll
This one is gonna be based of TDSunshine's Tails Doll and maybe now you see some inspirantions from there.
One,unfinished sprite:
2_1406210529.png

Okay so here's my projects at the time and hope that you enjoy them.

RE: Xkower8181

Hello guys. Here's some [of] my projects which I [am] now working on.
This is bob and it's here oldest project also it's first here to be already inplement to SRB2.
Screenshots from SRB2:
2_1406211758.png

2_1406212020.png

2.Modern 8-bit Mario
This one don't inplement into SRB2 but it's styled to be 8-bit Mario but has colors of Modern Mario.
Sprites:
2_1404645947.png

2_1404646576.png

Can you give a little more detail to Bob? I know he's only a stick figure, but there is much you can do with those kinds of characters. It kind of looks like you are drawing these sprites with MS Paint.

Can you give a little more detail to Bob? I know he's only a stick figure, but there is much you can do with those kinds of characters. It kind of looks like you are drawing these sprites with MS Paint.

Okay but what's about Modern 8-bit Mario because you posted it and i wait for some criteries...

RE: Xkower8181

Okay but what's about Modern 8-bit Mario because you posted it and i wait for some criteries...

8-bit Mario's sprite also looks like it was drawn in MS Paint, but I'm impressed by the large amount of colours. It looks pretty good.

Hm. Well Mario needs a ton more work, and a bit of some effort. I noticed that the first and second Mario sprites literally are the same, simply edited to look like different angles. Compare the legs between the first and second sprites for example, they are positioned exactly the same, which isn't very creative nor goodish looking. Also your perspectives on Bob's hat in the first screenshot are a bit off.

---------- Post added at 03:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:01 PM ----------

8-bit Mario's sprite also looks like it was drawn in MS Paint, but I'm impressed by the large amount of colours. It looks pretty good.

Large amounts of color? I see five colors. (Then again, I am viewing it through my phone, so that might change something)

Large amounts of color? I see five colors. (Then again, I am viewing it through my phone, so that might change something)
As i count the colors there's total 11 colors:4 shades of red,2 shades of skin color,black,brown,blue,yellow,white (Only 3 shades of red in back sprite)

2.Modern 8-bit Mario
Sprites:
2_1404645947.png

2_1404646576.png

Yup! That's definitely Mario, I'm surprised you captured his details so well, right from his mismatched-arms to his rectangular feet.

X02RAxM.png

Last edited:
Do you people really have to be such dicks? He's trying to sprite at least and asking for actual criticism, not pointless hate comments.

I know that you in particular are a great spriter, Iceman, but cut him some slack.

EDIT: Posts that I was going against were removed. This post is null.

---

I think you've done a nice job. Could use some shading and stuff to make it a bit better. As everyone is probably going to say, it doesn't fit the style of SRB2, yada yada, but it's at least unique. It takes time and effort to become a good spriter. Starting at a young age is a good idea too. You should keep going and take a bit of criticism here and there, but ignore comments that are outright hateful.

Don't be put off like so many people have been before. You've got potential, just keep trying.

Last edited:
Screenshots from SRB2:
2_1406211758.png

2_1406212020.png

2.Modern 8-bit Mario
Sprites:
2_1404645947.png

2_1404646576.png

3.Tails Doll
This one is gonna be based of TDSunshine's Tails Doll and maybe now you see some inspirantions from there.
One,unfinished sprite:
2_1406210529.png

Okay so here's my projects at the time and hope that you enjoy them.

Okay... So let me tell you something about what you should do about EACH "wad":

1) Mr. Stick Man: Please don't continue with this. It's just a simple Windows Paint "Work of Art" with no real spriting or shading incorporated. So anyone can tell you that this is NEVER going to appear in the Releases page.

2) What? Seriously?! Modern 8-Bit Mario?! What are you thinking? Also, it still is a Paint "Work of Art" here. No proper shading either. Also, if you want to make a Mario on your own, do it. But please be sure that EVERY part of his body is at least EQUAL. His arms and legs are like weird-looking noodles. Of course, never to be seen in the Releases forums.

3) Well, it's better than the other ones. You can keep up this work, but don't make it a copy-paste of TDSunshine's Tails Doll with simple edits; like that unfinished sprite you are showing.

Dude, I'm just going to say this once: If you decide to make a forum for your projects, make sure that they have at least a chance to get in the releases page. If you want to show your projects, make sure they are... well... "Releasable" i guess. Or just keep them as personal projects. Upload them in a Youtube channel or make a page for them, whatever you want to do. But do not post things that can't be released. Take a good look at the criterias for the release of a WAD before creating a forum to show these kinds of projects.

EDIT: Just noticed that some posts were removed. Please don't take this post as an insult or something like that. I'm just advicing you what you should do.

Last edited:
Everyone starts from somewhere, god damnit.

At least he actually "made" the sprites instead of using the SRB2 enemy sprites and slapping some fancy lua on top of it.

Stop discouraging people. People get BETTER if they get critique and good feedback. They QUIT if they get told their work is terrible, and would never become a release ever.

I'm not going to reply to that, since I know very clearly why we have to tell him that he needs to work harder on each project.

Mystic took down The General Project Screenshot/Videos forum since he noticed that everyone was starting to post stuff like this. WADs that couldn't be released due to be just recolors or just some random sprites done in 5 minutes. That forum was made to post the progress of projects that could be released. You just had to work hard to make a good wad. I posted stuff like my Sonic Boom wad, which was a bad recolor. It had bad critisism, so it became a personal project, which I completed. Then I started with Eggman in a Jetpack, which took a lot of my free time. I know it isn't the best wad, but it got good feedback and got released... eventually.

But now everyone is making their own projects forums which contain stuff that CAN be released. Unless Xkower doesn't start working on these wads a bit harder, I'm afraid this thread will be shut down. But that is not my decision. I'm just here to advice him. So please don't get angry at all the bad feedback he is getting. It's there for a reason.

You don't seem to understand the concept of "kid just starting out".

This is a Sonic fangame message board. Of course there's going to be kids here that are trying to be big famous spriters and wad creators. It's just dickish to treat their work as if they're in their 20s and could actually do better right at this moment.

EDIT: I also predict this thread being locked soon. If you read this, Xkower, don't quit spriting. Like I said, keep trying. You'll get better eventually.

I'm not going to reply to that, since I know very clearly why we have to tell him that he needs to work harder on each project.

Mystic took down The General Project Screenshot/Videos forum since he noticed that everyone was starting to post stuff like this. WADs that couldn't be released due to be just recolors or just some random sprites done in 5 minutes. That forum was made to post the progress of projects that could be released. You just had to work hard to make a good wad. I posted stuff like my Sonic Boom wad, which was a bad recolor. It had bad critisism, so it became a personal project, which I completed. Then I started with Eggman in a Jetpack, which took a lot of my free time. I know it isn't the best wad, but it got good feedback and got released... eventually.

But now everyone is making their own projects forums which contain stuff that CAN be released. Unless Xkower doesn't start working on these wads a bit harder, I'm afraid this thread will be shut down. But that is not my decision. I'm just here to advice him. So please don't get angry at all the bad feedback he is getting. It's there for a reason.

I'm not angry now and it can get and this thread can be shutdowned because now I want leave my projects private :P

Okay, two things I want to say here:

1) Stop posting the entire contents of the first post again, we can very clearly see it already! Thank you.
2) Directed at Burning-Fox: Cool down dude, if we could all give only positive feedback, no one would ever know what on earth they're doing wrong! Constructive criticism isn't neccessarily about what is good, but what could be improved. Even if he is relatively new, doesn't mean he gets away with being told he needs to improve.

As far as I can judge myself, nobody in this thread is actually guilty of being stupid about their feedback, except those who have apparently deleted their posts anyway.

You don't seem to understand the concept of "kid just starting out".

This is a Sonic fangame message board. Of course there's going to be kids here that are trying to be big famous spriters and wad creators. It's just dickish to treat their work as if they're in their 20s and could actually do better right at this moment.

EDIT: I also predict this thread being locked soon. If you read this, Xkower, don't quit spriting. Like I said, keep trying. You'll get better eventually.
I don't gonna stop Burning Fox but yeah think to better if it's will sometime look way better then I gonna show it. ;)

I'm calm. But there's a difference between "Oh, just add some shading, keep trying though, you'll get it eventually!" and "THIS IS HORRIBLE, IT WILL NEVER BE RELEASED EVER. EEEVEEEER."

Sorry, but I just see people getting discouraged by this kind of feedback way too often.

I'm going to stop posting now so I don't clog the thread up too much again anyway. All I ask is that people TRY to be nice about their criticism. There's a fine, fine line between helping people improve and making them quit.

I'm sorry for going off topic here, but how can you delete your own posts?

On another, on-topic note: I think, although it's clear you aren't experienced with spriting, the Tails Doll attempt is quite okay for a beginner. Keep on practising and you might get better. I'd recommend you to work a little more on your projects though before showing them in a thread. I hope this encourages you to keep trying ;)

Regardless of how much experience or talent Xkower has at this moment, Zero hit the nail pretty much on the head. Stickman and "8-bit modern Mario" look like they took no effort whatsoever. Not only would they never make it to releases, finished or not, but stuff like that would never help him hone his skills at all.

The only thing that looks of worth here to his experiential gain and of some quality is his WIP Tails Doll sprite, but we have enough of those, dear Lord.

BurningFox, if you're looking for someone to give criticism, stop sugar-coating some ass and try to give some yourself as well!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back