• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

General project screenshot/video thread

Looks great, looking forward to playing it.

I made a small extension to my retexture, but I'm not so sure, do you think this is a 'good' retexture of THZ? (It will obviously be more pretty, but for now a little texture tests):

Dude. Beautiful.

I love the Techno Hill Zone textures. Do you plan to release a texture pack similar to what the SRB2 Asset Pack did?

srb20024.gif

Not going to release this, as it's a sprite rip.

That's a shame, because none of the existing Sonic Xtreme wads work anymore. Now they all go too slow and have Knuckles' glide ability because they're 2.0.

While Techno Hill looks fine, GFZ looks downright ugly. The grass looks okay, but the walls just reek of... a poor palette. Clean it up a bit more. There's a huge difference in quality between your THZ and GFZ textures.

Well the GFZ textures look too saturated due to Sonic World from Sonic Jam. Thats where the idea of these textures come from. I did however have a look to see which saturation of textures is best, and here is a comparison:

1st Location comparison:
Unsaturated:

Saturated:

2nd Location:
Unsaturated:

Saturated:

I personally prefer the saturated textures. They make the level look more fufilling, and colorful, as aposed to the original textures looking blank and dull. Also, these saturated textures look quite cool in dark areas, as will soon be showed in the next spoiler. I have edit some parts of the level in terms of what type of texture goes where, such as these cave areas to fit the name of the level a bit. I mean, GreenFlower zone is supposed to be composed of those two things, right?

And about the green checkered tunnel, I at first while making it thought it looked odd also, but it later grew on me. I now think it looks good, especially when running through it at full speed:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNr__-970Os&feature=youtu.be

Last edited:
Well the GFZ textures look too saturated due to Sonic World from Sonic Jam. Thats where the idea of these textures come from. I did however have a look to see which saturation of textures is best, and here is a comparison:

1st Location comparison:
Unsaturated:

Saturated:

2nd Location:
Unsaturated:

Saturated:

I personally prefer the saturated textures. They make the level look more fufilling, and colorful, as aposed to the original textures looking blank and dull. Also, these saturated textures look quite cool in dark areas, as will soon be showed in the next spoiler. I have edit some parts of the level in terms of what type of texture goes where, such as these cave areas to fit the name of the level a bit. I mean, GreenFlower zone is supposed to be composed of those two things, right?

And about the green checkered tunnel, I at first while making it thought it looked odd also, but it later grew on me. I now think it looks good, especially when running through it at full speed:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNr__-970Os&feature=youtu.be
I prefer the unsaturated textures. Those saturated ones look like they would have some gum-dirt mess on the walls. The darker ones look great for me.

I think they all look bad and remind me of those smeary low-res N64 textures.

But if you need an opinion, unsaturated actually looks like the palette doesn't hate it.

@Knux & Iceman:

Well, thats sorta what it is. And not N64, but more like SEGA Saturn:

SonicJamSonicWorldTails.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

But, if you all believe the unsaturated texture are better, then thats what will be included in the wad.

@Iceman Well what don't you like about the textures that makes you say "they all look bad"?

Last edited:
Yes, please, go for unsaturated. The saturated colors are way too bright and not to mention the checkered walls in the saturated version have green pixels all over them.

Here is my upcoming WAD:
srb20057.png

if you can't tell it's a joke i'm so sorry for you...

In all seriousness now: my Eggpack now jumps a bit lower than Knuckles, to make it a bit more real :3

srb20003.gif

Simple question:

Does this kind of effect (Storm + Sunset) looks weird??

441552srb20043.png

To be honest, yes it does. The background mountains are obviously supposed to go along a sunset sky, it just clashes if you mix it with a stormy sky. You'll have to change at least the colors in the mountains if you want it to blend, or maybe make the sky into a sunset of sorts but still leave it raining, if that makes sense.

Since it was blamed, I changed the effect to look a bit better:

452875srb20045.png

I didn't cheat on CEZ1 at all tough.
If the clouds look a bit yellow it's because of the colormap which renders even the skybox a sunset effect.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back