• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

SRB2: Robot Reign (was WGIH) (go to page 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.
With Sword in hand is a mod by me. This Mod won't be released until its finished, So no asking for the mod when it gets more finished.

After years of Eggman’s failed plans, The Military finds out about Eggman and gets help from him to make the military stronger so they can Destroy G.U.N. The Military and G.U.N have had a big hatred for each other and have been against each other for years. As they know Shadow the Hedgehog protects G.U.N. Eggman agrees. They create another ultimate life form called Danie, A hedgehog that has the power of a Thunderstorm and controls lightning. His powers are very limited and almost uncontrollable. They send Danie on a mission to destroy G.U.N but he fights Shadow and loses. After that Shadow went to the Main Base and telled them that he was going to destroy Danie and to not get in his way, but Sonic was to stubborn so he started protecting G.U.N. Danie on the other hand was going to be thrown away but Danie got angry and destroyed the military base and sunk it underwater. Danie ran away and was never seen again. The Military Were not finished. Eggman built Danie2 or Metal Danie. This creation was different; It used all of the energy in the world and made all power go out. All that energy went to it and it gained too much energy that it went hyper and started destroying everything in its path. Eggman was going to stop it but the Military stopped him. They wanted more power. Just then it escaped causing millions of lives wasted in murder by it. When the news broke out Danie stood out of the shadows to stop it, But he needed help. He went to Sonic and friends and settled out the plan and was going to stop it.

Characters:

Sonic the Hedgehog
Tails Miles Prower
Knuckles the Echinda
Shadow the Hedgehog
Danie the Thunderhog
Levels:

Main Base - Main base is the world map of the game that comes before every level.
Main Base 1:
srb20062.png
RomanFertile

Fertile Fields Zone - A lush Plains and Beutiful at night.

Act 1:
srb20064.png

srb20061.png

srb20059.png

srb20057.png

srb20058.png

So what do you think?

Last edited:
I dunno, it just seems... really flat. And dark. And generally boring.

Just a suggestion, but I'd recommend you go ahead and design some more levels before you try to make a whole mod. Practice is, after all, really the only way to improve.

(Also, this board doesn't have font tags. ;))

Last edited:
Those regular grass textures don't fit in at all with those flower ones. Also, almost all of the levels look like big rectangular shapes, which usually never turn out good for the most part.

The decorative Things are really lacking. It looks like you just slapped in a bunch of different flowers. And judging by the screenshots, the placing of enemies could be a bit more balanced. While some areas have just a ton packed together, some don't have any enemies at all.

I'll have to agree with RedEchidna as well that the levels are very flat and boxy. They all just look like the same platforming levels over and over again. Try adding some interesting parts like a path split and such. (Just don't make it a complete gimmick zone.)

I hope this helps you. Good luck with the level pack. (If it's apparently not a mod, then why does the topic title clearly state "New Mod!"?

Its just a level pack right now. Not a Mod.
I find it hard to imagine it would ever become a true "mod". Even Tortured Planet is technically a level pack (despite my tendency to refer to it as a "mod"). For it to actually be a mod, it needs to be a standalone EXE with some significantly changed features, like XSRB2 or Cineblast.

So... flat... and... dark... and... *falls asleep*

Please practice before starting an entire level pack. :L

Pretty much everyone knows what's wrong with this so far. Everything seems square & dull. To clarify a bit more what everyone is stating is that your going to have to add more details, such as any type of scenery to your maps. What everyone means as saying everything is flat is... well... literally flat basically. Add some curves hear and there. There's nothing wrong with unselecting that "Snap to Grid" button at the top of the screen in doombuilder. ;)

Also, the storyline here seems a bit awkward, and doesn't seem to express the name of the levelpack enough. To me, how you explained the sword at the end was random.

Pretty much everyone knows what's wrong with this so far. Everything seems square & dull. To clarify a bit more what everyone is stating is that your going to have to add more details, such as any type of scenery to your maps. What everyone means as saying everything is flat is... well... literally flat basically. Add some curves hear and there. There's nothing wrong with unselecting that "Snap to Grid" button at the top of the screen in doombuilder. ;)

Also, the storyline here seems a bit awkward, and doesn't seem to express the name of the levelpack enough. To me, how you explained the sword at the end was random.

I'm still working on the story still so it sounds wierd but i'm still working on it.

I have also renamed the Level pack With G.U.N in Hand and the story doesn't sound wierd anymore.

Last edited:
To make this levelpack more interesting, Mr. Awesome, focus on what excites you about your map pack. Though, if it's just "I want a level pack too!", you're probably just infatuated with being famous.
There's nothing wrong with unselecting that "Snap to Grid" button at the top of the screen in doombuilder. ;)
I make all of my curves with snap grid on, Thompson. Sometimes I turn my grid size down to 32, but grid snap is one of my personal warm-fuzzies about grid based programs. I never turn it off if I can help it.

To make this levelpack more interesting, Mr. Awesome, focus on what excites you about your map pack. Though, if it's just "I want a level pack too!", you're probably just infatuated with being famous.

I think that is probably some of the most profound advice I've ever seen here. I'm gonna take that into account in the level pack I'm working on.

And Mr. Awsome, I'm not gonna give a ton of criticism since I can't judge it from pictures alone, but I do have to say, the flowered textures do not match the grass textures on the floor, so it's probably a good idea to change the greenflower grass ones to the ones that are meant to go with the flowers.

Also, that's why I haven't released a level yet. I'm just uncertain, unsure and afraid of what people think of it.

Well, about the level pack, the Fertile Fields are too dark. And... StG doesn't hurt ;)

New Fertile Field Zone 1:

srb20065.png

srb20066n.png

srb20067.png

and if you wanted to see danie, here you go:

danpic.png

I know its sloppy but this is what he is supposed to look like.

...No offense, but he looks like a cubism artist took Batman, Mickey Mouse, Super Sonic, pureed them, and then drew them in MSPaint.

EDIT: And toss a bent fork somewhere in there too. Sure you're up for spriting?

Um... Why does that yellow ugly-looking thing have only one hand?
And why the hell do you have to have additional character in your level pack? If you want it so much asking someone else to do it for you will be safer.

danpic.png

I know its sloppy but this is what he is supposed to look like.
Well if make this charecter exactly like this you'll be able to see threw his eyes, Because you used cyan color on them plus what is the thing on his back or side is it his tail or spike on the back??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back