• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Sonic Surge Demo 2!

Status
Not open for further replies.
A flame of originality just burned Rockbound Cliffs Zone down to the ground, and built Ancient Yard Zone on top of it.
I edited the first post!

Could you send me the WAD?

Could you send me the WAD?[/IMG]

Maybe if you had watched the description, you would have seen that there is the download link ...

Oh, and other things to know, since I noticed this :
- Do not make unearthing just to say "Me too", or I do not know what.
- Here we do not like SMS.

Just pay attention to what you post. Always check if it has not already been posted somewhere.

Last edited:
Here's a list of all my planned zones (Complete with crappy descriptions.) before I put them in the first post:

Lush Lake Zone - A swamp with a lake. 3 Acts

Sandstone Pillars Zone - A desert full of traps and a temple. 3 Acts

Ancient Yard Zone - A valley with castles, caves, and cumbling bridges. 3 Acts

Hot Abyss Zone - A trench with lava, yellow rocks, and bottomless pits. 2 Acts

Hidden Temple Zone - An oceanic palace with jewels and strong currents. 3 Acts

Mad Flagship Zone - A floating fortress with lasers, turrets, and pulleys. 1 Act

Crazy Base Zone - A polluted city with tall buildings, zoom tubes, and moving platforms. 1 Act

Final Launch Zone - A boss arena on the bottom of the Death Egg III. 1 Act

Cosmic Surge Zone - A pathway to the inside of the Death Egg III. 2 Acts

Death Egg III - The inside of Robotnik's giant spherical space station. 1 Act

Robo Battle Zone - The last fight...? 1 Act

??? - 1 Act

Oh, and more info on next release:

-Ancient Yard 3 will be included

-LLZ1 is being revamped (and expanded)

-LLZ3 is being modified

-Hot Abyss Act 1 will be incomplete, but included.

-Final Launch will be included, but will not have the Death Egg III on top until later versions.

-Cosmic Surge Act 1 may or may not be included.

-Definate release date is now July 6-10.

Last edited:
"??? - Act 1"
I also have a level like that in my game. Sometimes you do not want to create the mysterious levels (to unlock) before the main levels ?
Oh, and the release date ... it's really hard to predict exactly what day it comes out.
I advise you to do like me in my description. I show the progress of my projects in percentage.

"??? - Act 1"
I also have a level like that in my game. Sometimes you do not want to create the mysterious levels (to unlock) before the main levels ?

Only if you get all 7 chaos emeralds can you play the TRUE final zone (???) at the end of the game.

It kind of is a main level, if you do an "All Emeralds" playthrough.

Oh, and special stages will not be in the next beta.

Last edited:
DP, derp.

I decided to take Internet Explorer's advice and not make a release date.

This will be THE LAST major face-palm worthy change I will make.

Demo 2 Is OUT!!!

(See first post for Download)

Demo 2 is out!

Not much change, but once you get level select, you have access to all the unfinished maps!

Code:
Demo 2 (VERSION 0.2) Changes:
+ Lush Lake Zone 1 is extended.
+ Final Launch Zone 3 is included.
+ Custom Music is added.
+ Lush Lake Zone 1 has more picnic areas.
+ Unfinished maps accessible through Level Select.
/ Lush Lake Zone 1 has a darker, more ancient feel to it.
/ Lush Lake Zone 3 is made easier.
/ Sandstone Pillars Zone 3, although being remade, has been tweaked a little.
- Lush Lake Zone 1 has no outside parts.

Sorry, but the remake of SPZ3 isn't in here, along with AYZ3.

Please review this build and give as much feedback as you can!

Probably the only thing playable in the mod was Lush Lake Act 1, but nevermind.

Lush Lake Zone - Okay so, first finished level. Wasn't really bad, but I'll give you few suggestions. These frog like enemies, make them actually hop around instead of on one damn place. In the boss stage, >Round< the cut trees, it's stupid to look at squared tree. And the level needs actually more decoration.

Sandstone Pillars Zone - This zone would be good, okay etc. I liked the start even knowing it's unfinished. But I have two complains so far... Both them are about boss.
The boss arena is way too wide. it takes age before the rocket will reach you (if he'll of course fly away) or boss fly to you. Second one is.... What's with the flamethrowers? It's completed boss-selfdestruct system.

srb20027.png
"Bwhahahahahahaha!"
The boss damages himself, that's the thing.

Ancient Yard Zone - Not really bad, just delete that water arrow in Act 1, it looks ridiculous.

Hot Abyss Zone - Ummmmm...
srb20028.png
Whut?
Please fix that.

Final Launch - Update the first page 'cause there's nothing about final level. I'm not gonna give a review for a boss level.

Okay, so first of all, why are you including a gamedata for a mod that has only one full act and three bosses? Seems absolutely pointless to me. Then, why do you include levels that are barely even begun in your pack, along with the music for those levels? That only clutters up the file.

It seems to me like you've fallen into the "overly ambitious" trap. Only one of the full acts is finished and the rest is usually only as far in as one room. If you want to do a level pack this way, it will fail horribly. Concentrate on one level at a time and don't show your unfinished sketches to anybody until they're in a playable state. The one level that you finished is pretty decent, but also totally unremarkable. It's horribly linear, has very few (if any) secret items to hunt for, and lacks interesting obstacles. The most exciting part was when I pressed a button to open a door, and well... that's not very exciting.

Another thing: It seems to me that you have no idea how a thok barrier is made. It should be one continuous sector that goes around the whole level instead of several smaller ones that meet each other in one vertex. This way, I can thok through the vertex and outside of the level. Many of your unfinished levels seem to be missing complete thok barriers by the way. It's not hard, just draw a large square around your whole level and make that the thok barrier.

Anyway, this thread should be locked and the pack put into Submissions. Your month is long over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back