• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Level pack

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrTapeworm

Midnight Abyss did nothing wrong
Sonic Team Junior
Kart Krew™️
I'm working on an unnamed level pack, and I've got some screenshots.

srb20002.png

srb20003.png

Muddy Canyon Zone
A simple GFZ-themed level with pits of brown mud. The mud is harmless, but is hard to move in. The second act is currently the first one, only backwards and with some added hazards.

srb20000s.png

srb20001.png

Cyber Sands Zone
A sandy/rocky level with machinery and metal platforms. The first screenshot is inside an "underground segment" underneath some glass.

srb20007.png

This giant ceiling crusher creates a timing challenge. The lit-up spots indicate where you can stand without being squished.

Now I'm working on a match arena called Malevolent Garden. The top left and bottom right corners are basic hills, the bottom left corner is indoors and the top right corner has tall towers connected by fragile bridges for rail sniping.

srb20013.png

srb20014.png

Introducing the third zone, Snowflake Mountain Zone! This is act 2, act 1 has a more bluish icy theme.

I see a lot of talk but no real action outside of screens. Could you at LEAST send us a Demo of the first stage to get some insight on your level design before you start thinking of concepts?

Okay...I gave MCZ1 a new texture set and sky to replace the GFZ textures.
srb20015i.png

This looks nice! Also:

Introducing the third zone, Snowflake Mountain Zone! This is act 2, act 1 has a more bluish icy theme.

Might I suggest you using BMZ textures for SMZ1?
It seems a good idea to do so.

If you do might I also suggest switching act 1 & 2 textures?
Since the Mountain should get more blueish the higher you get, and brown on the bottom.

Last edited:
Beta 1.2 is here!
---
srb20015i.png
srb20018.png

srb20019.png
srb20020g.png

srb20021.png
srb20022.png

---
This is a slightly updated version of the (unreleased) first beta.

Beta 1 includes unfinished versions of MCZ, CSZ and SMZ. It also has mostly complete versions of Malevolent Garden Zone, Cyan Cove Zone and Eruption Zone and some other unfinished match levels.
Download

I must say, I was expecting a generic pack, but this ain't bad. But most areas feel kinda empty. It feels like there could have been some more scenery and collectibles to fill in that empty space. But from what I saw in the SP levels, it wasn't so bad, but it could use some more things involved, like a few gimmicks or so (but not too many, of course). I also liked how you did the special stages too. So far so good, I'll be waiting for the next demo.

The levels still needs some work.

Muddy Canyon is crowded and seems bland at the beggining and after. You could make the tunnels larger and place water obstacles in them or even make some caves in them also. You also might want to hide the Emerald Token in a better spot and try to throw the player off because it is kind of too obvious to find. The special stage seems like a great idea, but the area is to small and too linear, the rings are too close together which makes it kind of slow for the type pf special stage it looks like. You can give the player more rings to find and make the moniter's hidden; as for the stage itself you can you can add mountains to climb and turns. The boss arena could also change a bit more since it is almost look like its the same as GFZ3' s boss arena except for the places where the 4 squares were which make it a bit too easy.

Cyber Sands's paths are too small. Also you might want to make area's larger here also.

You might want to make alternate paths for each level.
I cannot really say much more about each level since they are still incomplete, but they have a pretty good start. I will comment on the rest of the levels later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back