• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Possible New Character - Myles

Status
Not open for further replies.
D00D64 said:
Ey Space, Remember me from the SV?
Oh, hey D00D.

SpaceK, those remind me of POWAH RANGHAS
Nope. (should have mentioned that...) Hint #1: look at the weapons.

Rubianne Ribbon looks the best out of what you've posted, however, I think all of them (especially her) would look better as humans. And I'm not sure you want names as lengthy as that, or your character could be going as RubRib, which sounds a little funny.
Well, for the purpose of this game, I'd still use the current designs, but speaking of human form... A while ago, I did a few art trades with someone. I've recently realized that with these drawings, I have a good idea of what I could do with "Jill", an as-yet-unfinished human model I started on long ago.

And I don't think the names will be too much of a problem...

Speaking of models...
Quick, give me the 3D editing software you have. @.@

(That's the most productive thing I can think of saying.)
Looks like 3DSMax to me.
It's Blender. And it's free. :D

Anyway, it looks interesting, but be careful when dealing with prerendered sprites. It takes alot of work to not end up like 1.09.4 Knuckles.
I know what you mean... it took me a long time to shade that one sprite, some of it involving setting up the GIMP to use the official SRB2 palette.

Aside from rendering problems, though, I thought the Knuckles sprites were pretty good. (although my opinion isn't that valid... style matching isn't something I usually care about)

Bump with relevant content.

So after hearing what people had to say, I've given Myles a bit of a redesign.

Image link because of 800 x 800 size (forgot to redesign shoes before pic was created)

Any comments, criticisms, or suggestions before I start on my render-to-sprite process? Does it still look too much like Tails? (With the way I work, even small changes look big to me...)

I'm also considering creating a SRB2-sized chibi model so I have a base for other potential characters...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back