• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Possible New Character - Myles

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpaceKGreen

Neon Knight
So I've had a lot on my plate recently... not just college, but so many ideas I haven't been able to act on any of them.

But what with the release of SRB2 2.0, I may actually be getting around to making new stuff, possibly a race level based off Castle de Space, and possibly even a proper character.

So, mostly for future reference, could I have some comments/criticism/pointers on Myles T. Cat here?

FromModelToSprite.png

Trying something different with this character, namely, the whole "runs around on all fours" thing, since there's not much else keeping him from being only a Tails recolor.

As for his eventual S_SKIN1, all I really have planned at the moment is Knux's ability with an actionspeed of 1. Airbrakes and cat claws, if you will.

(If all goes well, I might use this process for some other characters and/or projects.)

Awesome!

Those images say it all, this would be an amazing wad! Just what someone would want. Good luck on it.

It's Tails with one invariable width tail.

Seems pretty boring to me.

I can't wait to see the outcome of this wad, with it being different from many of the characters made for SRB2

In memory of myles...

Did Myles die? BTW, I would edit the head of him. To make him AT LEAST look a little different then tails.

SpaceKGreen said:
Trying something different with this character, namely, the whole "runs around on all fours" thing, since there's not much else keeping him from being only a Tails recolor.
I think you need to change it away from tails a lot anyway. Also, the four legs thing could end up being really awkward and weird looking. The sprite might go way out of the Sonic sized clipping box. If you do continue with the four legged character, I recommend giving him four gloves or four shoes.

AGH 501 error for some stupid reason caused me to lose my ENTIRE POST.

ANYWAYS, here it is. Again. Hopefully I can remember what I typed.

Fyrus:
The entire model aside from the tail is a modified SADX Tails model. although I'm glad that you mistook it for a cat body. :P

Autosaver & Hyper Shadic X:
Wrong Myles. :P This one's based off a cat I had a long time ago who just disappeared one day.

on Edge:
Actually the only awkward looking pose is the idle pose seen from the side (I plan on redoing it anyways). I've also regularly compared the sprites to the official ones to make sure the size is right.

To tell the truth, this was an initial test to see how my model-to-reshaded-sprite process would be received. However, with these comments and criticisms, I may end up redesigning Myles a bit in the future and make a full SRB2 character out of him. Thanks to all of you.

I may update this thread later with said redesigned model and sprite. Or make a new thread. Depends on how long it takes.

Also... for future reference, I have some hastily assembled pictures of the characters I've created ever since I got Blender, and I'm wondering if anyone could make suggestions on which ones would be good for future SRB2 character development.

[spoiler:746a928213]
Main Characters
Other Heroes (Bonus points if you catch the right references in the Chromafox Group)
Villains
Anti-Heroes

Some may be unoriginal, but I've used their designs so long that I've become attached to them. None of these are intentional copies of already existing characters, official or fanmade. Except for Cruella and S1N. Cruella de Nightmare is an interpretation of Cruella de Vil, and S1N is a 3D attempt at a inverted MMZ Omega, using some Morrowind models for the torso and upper legs.
[/spoiler:746a928213]

Quick, give me the 3D editing software you have. @.@

(That's the most productive thing I can think of saying.)

Rubianne Ribbon looks the best out of what you've posted, however, I think all of them (especially her) would look better as humans. And I'm not sure you want names as lengthy as that, or your character could be going as RubRib, which sounds a little funny.

Ey Space, Remember me from the SV?

Anyway, yeah, it just seems like Tails with a cat tail and on all fours to me. :P I can see the all fours thing causing issues...

ZarroTsu said:

Looks like 3DSMax to me.
Akuma TH said:
I really like this wad. It's a good alternative for Tails, but why only one tail?
I imagine it's supposed to be a cat, and only demon cats have two tails. >_>

Anyway, it looks interesting, but be careful when dealing with prerendered sprites. It takes alot of work to not end up like 1.09.4 Knuckles.

Draykon said:
ZarroTsu said:

Looks like 3DSMax to me.
Akuma TH said:
I really like this wad. It's a good alternative for Tails, but why only one tail?
I imagine it's supposed to be a cat, and only demon cats have two tails. >_>

Anyway, it looks interesting, but be careful when dealing with prerendered sprites. It takes alot of work to not end up like 1.09.4 Knuckles.
I was actually joking on how he looks like Tails. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back