• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

I hate errors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jurai_Madman

Ich bin der Verrucktmann
Gold

I need some assistance: I get an Help! I am getting an "R_AddSkins: syntax error in S_SKIN lump# 0(S_SKIN)" on my character WAD."

I hate this because I cannot figure it out.

You should look at error messages more closely. It's got a syntax error in your S_SKIN lump. That means the game is unable to interpret the text you put in the S_SKIN entry. I looked in your file, and I noticed that you have nothing under the FACE variable. You must have a valid image resource name under the FACE variable.

Also, I noticed that your skin is missing its proper A and B frames, and the a and b frames below were auto-capitalized. Download the latest XWE beta to fix this.

Wait, what? Is it me, or does your sentence contradict itself? You were basically saying "I don't have it. Also, I do have it." Though, you probably meant to say "I don't know how to fill in the variable name, but I have my picture resource."

In that case, use the picture's lump name for the FACE variable. For example, if your face picture's lump name was FACEBOBO, you would put FACEBOBO as the FACE variable.

Okay, so the lives picture is a graphics lump. Secondly, I have the XWE beta. Third, what should I enter it as in my S_SKIN file. Also, how do you make single player?

Gold

New error! I have fixed the S_SKIN, but now every time I thok, a Signal Handler: Segment Violation() occurs. Also, this is RC1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back