• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

General project screenshot/video thread

So uh... how does this classic sonic look?
jPnl5Z0.png

Its really just a recolor with a few positional adjustments.
And I fixed all of the grey pixel problems so yay :P

There are quite a few glaring issues. It looks really thin and squashed horizontally. His hands need drastic improvement. His legs look strangely embedded on his body, too. Also, the ears is the only part that has an outline.

Last edited:
So uh... how does this classic sonic look?
jPnl5Z0.png

Its really just a recolor with a few positional adjustments.
And I fixed all of the grey pixel problems so yay :P

I'd take sonic.plr over this any day. The shading technique on this sprite is absolutely horrid and makes no logical sense. The muzzle is disgusting in terms of shape and color usage. So are the eyes. The arms are stiff as hell. The hands look like ovals. The torso is drawn awkwardly and looks stiff as well. The legs are just... I don't even. If this is an improvement, why do the feet/shoes still have that ridiculously dumb tip-toe angle. It looks even worse with how you shaded the legs and the shoes. This sprite also has 0 anti-alias. sonic.plr has more anti-alias then this which is kinda sad.
I just realized. You even pillow shaded. You FUCKING. PILLOWSHADED.

At least you got the black eyes right.

Last edited:
I'd take sonic.plr over this any day. The shading technique on this sprite is absolutely horrid and makes no logical sense. This sprite also has 0 anti-alias. sonic.plr has more anti-alias then this which is kinda sad.
Not technically...
I'm sorry ;-;
But now that you've told me what I've done wrong, maybe I can fix it?
*Sulks back to MSpaint to begin work*

No. I'd rather you NOT fix this. In fact, do something else. IMO, we have too many sonics. Despite the fact that most of them suck, we don't need another one.

There are quite a few glaring issues. It looks really thin and squashed horizontally. His hands need drastic improvement. His legs look strangely embedded on his body, too. Also, the ears is the only part that has an outline.
Glaring issues: Can you specify where?
Also, with the horizontal squishing: sonic was like that in SRB2, but I might as well fix it I suppose...
Hands: I don't see what exactly is wrong with them (Then again, I clearly didn't notice making this, either. No really I have no idea what you mean x_x)
Legs: I can fix that.
I think.
And the outline part: Oh shit I forgot all about that.

---------- Post added at 08:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:37 PM ----------

No. I'd rather you NOT fix this. In fact, do something else. IMO, we have too many sonics. Despite the fact that most of them suck, we don't need another one.

But what about better SRB2 sonic?
Okay seriously, now with being told not to do this, at least I was working on something else already. (Warning: May contain... pillow shading D: (I'm sorry I never really notice it.))
Edit: So how's this :?
9teNYxt.png

Last edited:
I'd take sonic.plr over this any day. The shading technique on this sprite is absolutely horrid and makes no logical sense. The muzzle is disgusting in terms of shape and color usage. So are the eyes. The arms are stiff as hell. The hands look like ovals. The torso is drawn awkwardly and looks stiff as well. The legs are just... I don't even. If this is an improvement, why do the feet/shoes still have that ridiculously dumb tip-toe angle. It looks even worse with how you shaded the legs and the shoes. This sprite also has 0 anti-alias. sonic.plr has more anti-alias then this which is kinda sad.

At least you got the black eyes right.

Your criticism may have been accurate, but you could have done so without making a complete ass of yourself.

Edit: So how's this :?
9teNYxt.png
Same issues. Also, I think you should take a look at this. This should help you get an understanding as to how Classic Sonic looks like. The thing is right now is that your Sonic is over exaggerated at some parts (head) and under exaggerated at other places (torso).

and for the love of pete please stop making Sonic tiptoe.

Fm5zPko.png

And now, for something actually usable in a character wad.

I know this is Off-Topic for some time but....
THIS HAS TO BE A WAD.

First you make awesome MD2s... And now this.... Te hamo :B
Sorry, a spanish part of me escaped through my body :V
Now, nothing more to say, cause @Blue Warrior said all I wanted to say, I just loved it at the time I'd seen her.

---------- Post added at 10:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:03 PM ----------

Same issues. Also, I think you should take a look at this. This should help you get an understanding as to how Classic Sonic looks like. The thing is right now is that your Sonic is over exaggerated at some parts (head) and under exaggerated at other places (torso).

Now that's a Classic Sonic. (Don't misunderstand me, I'm talking of the image of Speedwagon, not of Phil) Now if that just had a little of color and a GOOD shading, now we're getting somewhere.

Hah, wow. Thanks for that reference of 3D classic sonic. (Only other ones I can think of on spot are S3 on that pole from hydrocity, or sonic generations.)
As for the tip-toeing: *Facepalms delightedly*

Now that's a Classic Sonic. (Don't misunderstand me, I'm talking of the image of Speedwagon, not of Phil) Now if that just had a little of color and a GOOD shading, now we're getting somewhere.

Of course it's a Classic Sonic, it's official artwork. lol

I know this is Off-Topic for some time but....
THIS HAS TO BE A WAD.

First you make awesome MD2s... And now this.... Te hamo :B
Sorry, a spanish part of me escaped through my body :V
Now, nothing more to say, cause @Blue Warrior said all I wanted to say, I just loved it at the time I'd seen her.

---------- Post added at 10:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:03 PM ----------

Dont worry, I knew it wasn't mine XD
Edit: So how's this updated update of an update:
4dqZm8O.png

Last edited:
Dont worry, I knew it wasn't mine XD
Edit: So how's this updated update of an update:
4dqZm8O.png

Body is too exaggerated now. The belly part is also too small. Quills still need to be adjusted. You're still pillow shading. Needless shading in the eyes that are also pillow shaded.Hands are still messy. Tail looks kinda weird. The pupils are kind of small/thin. Also, do you HAVE to make the feet be in that kind of position? My OCD is activating and the different feet position is rustling my jimmies.

It's looking better though.

Body is too exaggerated now. The belly part is also too small. Quills still need to be adjusted. You're still pillow shading. Needless shading in the eyes that are also pillow shaded.Hands are still messy. Tail looks kinda weird. The pupils are kind of small/thin. Also, do you HAVE to make the feet be in that kind of position? My OCD is activating and the different feet position is rustling my jimmies.

It's looking better though.
Oh god, I dont want any OCD's acting up.
Jokes aside, okay cool. I'll size down the body some, and, as it happens, I need to INVERT the quill sizes. The top should look small, and the bottom, large. I'll break my pillow shading habits, somehow, and thicken the pupils.
And for the love of god, don't let me forget to extend his arms. And redo the hands completely, they don't... look... right, like you said.

I think we've had alot of good custom packs but I'd think levels taken from sonic 3 & knuckles or any of the classics would be much more interesting, I'm only o page 9 I'm hoping I'm gonna see a metal knuckles metal sonic from S3&K and eggrobo like we used to in the older versions.

The beginnings of Starlight Expressway.

TotalFrailCaribou.gif

Thing is absolutely barebones right now. I don't even have rings. But then again given that I started making levels from the absolute beginning only a day ago I'm pretty proud of my progress.

Dig those shitty Speed Highway textures. The basic idea of the zone is that it's a highway being built through a forest, so that's why there's parts that are highways and ones that are forest/jungle. I want a chill atmosphere so that's why I got that starry sky there. Music right now is Rocks Like This from the Sonic After The Sequel OST, though I'm thinking Stellar Lights might fit better...

Wow all these rooms are way too goddamn big

The level's only like one-quarter of the way done so you may have just reached the end.

Looking back at the level, that magnetic barrier route at the beginning is way too easy, it's got no hazards and is faster than the main route, AND gives you a barrier. I gotta make it harder, even if the level is designed to be like a first zone.

Last edited:

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back