• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

SRB2 Jumpmaze

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phantom

9999 damage.
Yea. I had this idea in my mind since a while. So far, only one level was made(and is, honestly, crap). What is the concept of jumpmaze? Well, levels where the main goal is to jump to finish them.

MAPS
______

JM01: Jumper's Debut
14ki0l1.png

Of course this, as said earlier, is really bad. I plan on making a much more "devlopped" map. This is just a VERY early prototype and should not be like this for further versions.

Last edited:
Jumpmaze is something that works in doom, and even then, is extremely frustrating. I think the only reason the doom community likes them so much is because it's a break from all the shooting. The SRB2 community, on the other hand, aren't really in the need of jumpmazes because our levels are pretty much already jumpmazes.
...Jumpmazes with more content, depth, and scenery. A couple of skinny platforms just won't do because we're already a platforming game. Releasing something like this would only be a step back from what we already have, IMO. But hey, if you plan on a more developed map, then more power to you. It's simply my humble opinion that a doom styled jumpmaze won't be too welcome here.

Prismatic Angel is basically this, only prettier and in the context of a much larger modification with more interesting platforming challenges.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back