• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Ignition WIP wad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eliwood

I know this picture appears in this topic already but
Ignition_The_Hedgehog_by_Flame_Eliwood.png

This is Ignition. This is what he really looks like, and everything you see down here, is the old look.

This is my second edit to this post, but here are some custom sprites of mine that I will show you all
playb4b6.png
playd1.png
play1b.png
play5.png

flamechar.png

The Ignition Char sprite thing
playc4c6.png
playd1.png
playe1.png

The Life Box.
playa5.png

When falling after hitting a spring.
playb5.png

I refer to this as the Tails Pickup Sprite.
playf1.png

This is slightly old, but this was his end sign. My character is a rebel, and he doesn't use the typical sign for his finish.

(keep in mind, that unlike last time, I only used the original Sonic sprites as a base, I didn't trace, I used a base. There is a large difference.)

Edit:

"Don't circumvent submissions."

Apparently I'm "circumventing" the submissions page, though I thought Editing was for works in progress, so I assumed that posting "WIP"s of a character wad was alright, since I've clearly seen links to "Beta"s on other people's Editing pages, so I thought I would follow in suit since I thought it was decent enough to release a beta, I guess I was sorely mistaken.

http://mb.srb2.org/showthread.php?t=31604

and

http://mb.srb2.org/showthread.php?t=31333

being perfect examples of what I was talking about. Since apparently it's wrong to post WIPs as these people are, I guess I can't get any real feedback as these people are. So instead of linking you -ANYWHERE- I will just say this.

Also, before any moderaters go all ape crap and such, I'd like to explain that I have been away for over 1-2 years I think, so I'm pretty sure I'm missing something. If there's a reason why those two links I posted are allowed to post their WORK IN PROGRESS, then please, enlighten me.

I have a deviantart account, my dA account is "Flame-Eliwood" and the rest is self explanitory (incorrect spelling I know). I'm not linking anywhere just as a heads up.

However, the deviantart link also links to one of the CUSTOM SPRITES I made for this. However, this was originally a cheap lazy edit of Sonic, which it consists of a decent amount anyways. There are -ORIGINAL- sprites in there along with -EDITED- sprites from Sonic. But, I think that it does make up for it with it's great (terrible) custom sprites I made for it. However, I wish to also let you know that the link to the current Flame wad is outdated (by a day) And I'm constantly working on sprites to replace the cheesily edited sprites of Sonic to insert with my OWN sprites.

Last edited by a moderator:
Those seem nice...but they also seem bad at the same time. I can't tell if these are custom or recolored sprites.

I have more sprites I'm trying to upload, but my internet is a little bad at the moment, so they're uploading slow.

Last edited by a moderator:
Those seem nice...but they also seem bad at the same time. I can't tell if these are custom or recolored sprites.

Flame was a recolor, but these sprites are almost completely custom. And the Recolored Sonic is a place holder.

Last edited:
Flame was a recolor, but these sprites are almost completely custom.

Only because it's my character, I'm going to just defend it because well, I'd feel slightly offended, but I'm not going to rage/flame at that, but I would like to say,

http://sonicfanon.wikia.com/wiki/Nero_the_Hedgehog

Let's please not try to exaggerate the term "recolor" please.

And the Recolored Sonic is a place holder.

Also, thank you for realizing this early on.

Last edited:
Ok, notice I said did say recolor. But I didn't say total recolor. And about the beta for your character, pretty nice I say, hope you finish it.

It's a recolor. It has bad design. It needs more effort.
On the bright side, you have drawing skills. I can see that in the title pic that you drew that you can actually draw good. It does need more colors though. Please don't take my opinion to seriously because D00D64 will ram you with even more stuff. Overall, I don't see a good reason why this character is good.
Also, HOW MANY FLAMES ARE IN SRB2 ALREADY?! PLEASE PICK A DIFFERENT NAME FOR YOUR CHARACTER OR I WILL SCREAM!!!

HOW MANY FLAMES ARE IN SRB2 ALREADY?! PLEASE PICK A DIFFERENT NAME FOR YOUR CHARACTER OR I WILL SCREAM!!!

As far as I know, mine, and the guy who's name is Flame.

Also, I have more characters as well, but I'm just working on this because my most unoriginal character. I could work on more, but I just kind of want to get this one done since it's truly my very first character back when it was just a full recolor/edit with no original stuff (when I say stuff, I mean sprites) I was kicked out and my topic was locked. So I wanted to make some more original stuff (that I thought was enough) before I ever truly showed my face again.

In a nutshell: The character design is uninteresting and generic, the sprites need more shading, and the frames are annoyingly unsymmetrical.

In a nutshell: The character design is uninteresting and generic, the sprites need more shading, and the frames are annoyingly unsymmetrical.

Ignition_The_Hedgehog_by_Flame_Eliwood.png

His new name is Ignition, Merry Christmas.

Last edited:
And how does that image fix any problems with the sprites?

Also, the posture of his feet look unnatural and it looks like he's shrugging.

And how does that image fix any problems with the sprites?

Also, the posture of his feet look unnatural and it looks like he's shrugging.

Thanks for the tips, though suffice to say I haven't exactly had the most time to actually be able to work on them recently.

When I get some time, I'll try to hopefully work on this thing and get it going good. When enough of one set of sprites (like running) I'll post it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back