Moved Azure Temple Crash (SIGSEV segment violation)

Moved to GitLab.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DrStephen

My PhD is made out of foam.
Judge
So I was playing on Record Attack with Knuckles and after finishing his first path (Dodging fire gargoyles in the walls), I entered the room right before the segment with the fire platforms that make you float above bottomless pits.

Just as I was about to actually go into that segment, the game crashed with the error message SIGSEV Segment Violation and produced an RPT file. I tried it again and the same error happened when I got into the same room as Knuckles in Record Attack, so I do believe it's a reproducible crash.

I'll attatch the RPT file below, thanks in advance!

Attachments

• srb2winRPT.txt
    12.3 KB · Views: 152
Last edited:
In case you still need the solution to this problem.
First of all: no, this issue is not possible to reproduce because (as I believe) SIGSEGV error happens rarely and randomly.
The thing to blame is record attack itself that perfectly records everything happened to you in the game, including the moment the game crashed. Then the "last" replay (replays are enabled by default) repeats everything recorded, making the crash reproducible
Obviously, you need to get rid of the corrupted replay. I can think of 3 ways of doing so
a) Delete the replay manually from "replays" folder (It should be named MAP42-knuckles-last.lmp in your case)
b) Hide the "LAST" replay from "Ghosts" menu (you may also need to hide "GUEST" replay)
c) Start the RA run and immediately quit it, overwriting the corrupted replay
Unless you're extremely unlucky, you will not crash after fixing the problem

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back