Oh no! SRB2FFH isn't working!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fawfulfan

The Tortured Planet guy
I have seen this problem on multiple computers. When you enter the security code and click download, the file doesn't come! Instead, you're transported to a page covered with nonsense.

Also, "save link as..." doesn't work.

What gives?

Silent_Snipe said:
Works perfectly fine for me. do you have any firewalls or anti-virus software blocking the download?

No, because, first of all, I've never had problems before and I haven't updated my antivirus software lately, and, second of all, this has happened to me on MORE THAN ONE COMPUTER!!!

I have now tried using it on THREE SEPARATE COMPUTERS and, when I click download, I am transported to a page that says this:

All Three Computers said:
Warning: fopen(./files/561Orangespring.wad.mfh) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /mounted-storage/home89b/sub001/sc34385-GRVN/www/srpgp/ffh/download2.php on line 77

Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /mounted-storage/home89b/sub001/sc34385-GRVN/www/srpgp/ffh/download2.php on line 78

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /mounted-storage/home89b/sub001/sc34385-GRVN/www/srpgp/ffh/download2.php on line 79

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /mounted-storage/home89b/sub001/sc34385-GRVN/www/srpgp/ffh/download2.php:77) in /mounted-storage/home89b/sub001/sc34385-GRVN/www/srpgp/ffh/download2.php on line 83

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /mounted-storage/home89b/sub001/sc34385-GRVN/www/srpgp/ffh/download2.php:77) in /mounted-storage/home89b/sub001/sc34385-GRVN/www/srpgp/ffh/download2.php on line 84

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /mounted-storage/home89b/sub001/sc34385-GRVN/www/srpgp/ffh/download2.php:77) in /mounted-storage/home89b/sub001/sc34385-GRVN/www/srpgp/ffh/download2.php on line 85

Below that, the computer displays the information from the WAD as text, which looks crazy.

Anyway, does anyone know what that means???

But it's happening with all the files.

Plus, I tried it in a different browser...ON A 4TH COMPUTER...and it STILL didn't work!!!

To be brutally honest, and I'm really sorry for saying this JJames my good friend, but I wouldn't recommend using SRB2FFH anyway. It's not well maintained anymore (probably not his fault but still), it's slow and is in a pretty poor state in all kinds of ways.

Cue should really get on to making a replacement, but he doesn't want his precious server to go down because of all the traffic and data that it will bring.

Callum said:
Cue should really get on to making a replacement, but he doesn't want his precious server to go down because of all the traffic and data that it will bring.

Which is why I'm aware of bandwidth troubles and will be looking into some cheap, high bandwidth hosting. :)

Replacement comes after new MB, one step at a time please.

A files list is better, because you can find cool stuff you didn't know was there. As I've been told, it takes up a ton of bandwidth, which is why they disabled it, but if such a high-bandwidth file host can be found, a files list would probably be possible again.

How about no? There's no point in having everything listed all together, there will be categories, but I am not putting in a full file list because it's a waste of time.

The list thing causing bandwidth problems makes no sense, to be honest, it's just text. What is causing the bandwidth problems is that people download randomly instead of being linked, so usage is greater on downloads.

Try this: After you type in the security code, hold down CTRL then click the download link and wait till it comes up to let go of CTRL.

Yes, it works. I had this same problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back