Suggestions

Add another flag for Linedef Executor: Play Sound, to allow it to stop the music, play the sound immediately (or have it delay by linedef length or something) after the music stops, then restart the music.

Also, allow Linedef Executors to have a duration, if they don't already have some sort. If that gets implemented, add:

Trigger Linedef Executor: After Previous Executor Ends (Continuous)
Trigger Linedef Executor: After Previous Executor Ends (Each Time)
Trigger Linedef Executor: After Previous Executor Ends (Once)

...and have a way to link linedef executors to act as previously noted.

Oh and;

Trigger Linedef Executor: Do Not Trigger Until Previous Ends (Continuous)
Trigger Linedef Executor: Do Not Trigger Until Previous Ends (Each Time)
Trigger Linedef Executor: Do Not Trigger Until Previous Ends (Once)

Setting what type of object to search for with A_FindTarget to -1 should search for the nearest object that isn't the calling object.

BlueZero4 said:
Well, then we'd need to improve the yellow shield, too. Electric projectiles, not shorting out in electric water, and so on.

Actually, just making it resistant to laser FOFs would do; it's useful enough as it is.

Add the ability to walk on ceilings by using the ceiling clip and a program command that flips the sprite. Also, when gravity is negative, flip the sprite upside-down.

Sector Type - Red Team Area (15 Second Kill if Still)
Sector Type - Blue Team Area (15 Second Kill if Still)

I dunno, there has to be a way to eliminate camping on either base, whether it be their own teams on their own bases, or camping on the other team's.

Segmint said:
Sector Type - Red Team Area (15 Second Kill if Still)
Sector Type - Blue Team Area (15 Second Kill if Still)

I dunno, there has to be a way to eliminate camping on either base, whether it be their own teams on their own bases, or camping on the other team's.

It won't work. People will just strafe every five seconds.

I don't see what's the problem, anyway. Just shoot them if they're camping.

Trigger Linedef Executor - Boss Destruction

Basically, a linedef that executes when all of the bosses in a particular level are destroyed. Useful for cool effects, etcetera.

Options in the level header to toggle fog and force the fog's colour. (Fog density is more a personal preference. Don't really worry about that.)

This way you can have more freedom with the environment of your map. Perhaps green or olive fog for a swamp. Pink fog in a cherry-blossom forest. White fog if the map is set in the early morning. Etc.

You can do that with colourmaps too but sometimes it doesn't look as good. And besides, you can't have white colourmaps in OpenGL. And sometimes will look like arse in Software (even with your new pallete).

More kinds of crumbling FOFs including glass, metal, leaves, etc. Sound effects to match.

Customisable walking and gliding sounds. Defaults to blank files like the taunts.

Spring linedef effect, one for normal and one for diagonal, which can be tagged to a FOF or sector. Linedef length is the speed the floor or FOF decends. Sector floor indicates how low the springboard goes before it pushes you up. Sector height indicates how high and fast the spring shoots you. If you tag it to multiple sectors or FOFs with different heights, make them all go down with eachother; the highest one going first and when it meets the height of any others it takes them with it.

A flag for quicksand so that your camera can pass through it freely, much like its behavior when interacting with an intangible opaque FOF.

It's seriously annoying to try to sink through the bottom of the quicksand when you've got a whole portion of level constructed down there, only to find that your camera won't follow you down there, so you're blind as a bat.

A new flag for objects, MF_VERTICALSCROLL. Instead of the sprites rotating horizontally (Sonic, Crawlas, etc.), they have sprites that move in a vertical way. For example, take your everyday yellow spring and look down at it. Flat, eh? And sadly, you're not taking advantage of those extra sprite slots! Springs are one of those things you're likely going to see at an angle, simply because its actions will take it close to the top or bottom of the screen. What I propose is the following.

----*0 - Same thing it always did for normal objects, display the sprite for all frames.
----*1 - 90 degree angle. This'll be really hard to find, except in OpenGL.
----*2 - 67.5 degree angle. Red springs underwater would pretty much be the only place you'd ever find this.
----*3 - 45 degree angle. Spike objects could benefit, maybe?
----*4 - 22.5 degree angle. Pretty much the only other sprite you'll see, except for first person view.
----*5 - Looking at something straight on, at a 0 degree angle.
----*6 - Negative 22.5 degree angle. Perfect for SDURFs, or ceiling spikes.
----*7 - Negative 45 degree angle. Alarms would certainly benefit...
----*8 - Negative 67.5 degree angle. Yeah, this'll be rather hard to find.
----*9 - Negative 90 degree angle. Yeah, can't really go past this...

Springs could certainly use this. Scenery to a lesser extent. As I've already said, SDURFs are just begging for this treatment, since they only use one frame and all they do is jump. And yes, I know that this is possible. I leave you to ponder this.

~"Hard work without talent is a shame, but talent without hard work is a tragedy."

I'll Begin said:
More kinds of crumbling FOFs including glass, metal, leaves, etc. Sound effects to match.
I just found out about Sector Type 1500-1515, so this can already be done spritewise if you add your own glass, metal, leaves, cake, etc. But we need a similar Sector Type that does the same thing for sounds.

Also, I thought of how you could make each character have their own SOC effects and MD2s.

When making SOCs for characters at the moment, you have to modify the states of the Player. Maybe a special variable for the purpose of making only affect characters with a certain sprite name instead, what I mean to say is, something like either PLAYRSPRITE = PLAY or PLAYSPRITE = TAIL, etc. or PLAYSKIN = Sonic, Tails, etc.

If you want the SOC to affect all characters, you can leave that variable out.

As for MD2s, simply assigning them to TAIL, etc. instead of PLAY will make it only affect Tails, for example. I'm not sure what you could do to make MD2s affect all characters, but why would you want to.

Alternatively, if you could put MD2s in WADs then you could do the following:
  • If it's a character wad with an S_SKIN, then naming the lump the same as the sprites would give the option to use an MD2 if gr_MD2 = on. You then place it with the sprites and it works the same way.
  • M_START and M_END similar to S_START and S_END with models. This could probably also be used for character wads, but then it would affect all characters that use a certain sprite name.

End of suggestion. Wake up.

I've noticed that the previous Soinc games (Ex: S3&K) were much more elemental based.

Let's start with SOC flags: In addition to fire damage you need, water/ice/sludge damage, electric damage, and wind/sky damage, immunity corresponding to their respective shields.

Next, shield abilities: Fire shield's trail is good, as is the electric magnet, but water needs to let the player move in water without being slowed down, and the wind shield should be immune to all kinds of wind but upwards, as this may be required to gain elevation.

Thirdly, characters: I'm thinking a value like element = #.
Fire characters would be immune to fire damage and spawn fire when they roll. Wearing a fire shield would only prevent ring loss from being hit once.
Electric characters would be immune to electric damage and have a short-range ring magnet. The yellow shield would give them full ring-magnet range and no ring loss after being hit once.
Water characters would have resistance to ice/water/sludge damage, no resistance to water, and no breathing deaths. Water shields would just protect ring-loss once.
Wind characters would be resistant to wind damage and not be affected by wind other than upwards. Shields would protect ring loss and give second jumping if you press spin in air.

New linedef executor: Check state

This linedef will check if the player or object is in a specific state. Good if you want to experiment with teleport sectors and the player having to be in his/her pain state.

Types of checks:
Linedef length = state number
Control sector floor height = mobj type
Control sector ceiling height = if the ceiling height number is the same as the mobj type number, it doesn't do anything. If the number is diffrent than the sector floor height it checks for the flags of the mobj type (Flags could be found through the SOC editor or the Wiki)

Being able to do Tunes [number] -playonce.

Also, add some new items: AutoEnemy Levels 1 through 8. It would automatically spawn an enemy depending on the difficulity:
Code:
       |Easy Mode       |Normal Mode     |Hard through Ultimate Modes|
Level 1|Blue Crawla     |Red Crawla      |Gold Buzz                  |
Level 2|Red Crawla      |Gold Buzz       |Red Buzz                   |
Level 3|Gold Buzz       |Red Buzz        |Crawla Commander           |
Level 4|Red Buzz        |Crawla Commander|Jetty-syn Bomber           |
Level 5|Crawla Commander|Jetty-syn Bomber|Jetty-syn Gunner           |
Level 6|Jetty-syn Bomber|Jetty-syn Gunner|Deton                      |
Level 7|Jetty-syn Gunner|Deton           |Some new enemy             |
Level 8|Deton           |Some new enemy  |Another new enemy          |
...you get the idea. You should be able to SOC to edit the table.

Another thing, being able to SOC Easter Egg positions, and being able to make rewards for them.

Also, being able to show a picture as a reward.

A_ScatterObject: Like A_Explode but doesn't kill the object after the certain distance/time.

A_FireShotByAngle: Like A_FireShot exept doesn't automatically fire at correct angle needed. If var2 is 0, fire straight, if 45, fire at a 45 degree angle, etc.

A_DropMine and such should use var1 to determine progectiles being launched because bosses use the raise state for something else.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 3, Members: 0, Guests: 3)

Back